Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

FAUXTON posted:

lol well this is the page for that kind of admission

It's okay you can have a mid-life crisis here too! Nobody can afford fancy cars anymore so it's shitpostin' time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh wow I just found Bartmoss in his fridge at the dump. Man this game is really hitting a lot of high school memories for me.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Don't worry -- Playstation Video IS STILL UP

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

lol

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

...I really liked Vue :(

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

drat cloudflare seems hosed right now

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

drat cloudflare seems hosed right now
Was wondering if that was related but PSN came back maybe an hour ago

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

holy poo poo, they cast pedro pascal as joel in that tlou show for hbo

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
dude's hustlin

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Midjack posted:

Oh wow I just found Bartmoss in his fridge at the dump. Man this game is really hitting a lot of high school memories for me.

i don't know what game you were talking about and i feel like i accidentally just spoiled something i haven't even heard of

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

release Factions you loving cowards!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Is the public ready for another zombie show where nothing interesting happens for seasons at a time

Does the walking dead still do numbers

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Feels like the videogame did a really good job of telling their story but I’m not a tv exec so what do I know

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Feels like the videogame did a really good job of telling their story but I’m not a tv exec so what do I know

well tvs are obviously more art than video games so :smuggo:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

They're also making an MGS movie starring Oscar Isaac :laffo:

I appreciate these Star Wars actors making bank while the iron is hot but no way any of these video game adaptations are gonna be good

I mean, they only stuck the landing with five out of seven Resident Evil movies no way that luck holds

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Wolfsheim posted:

I appreciate these Star Wars actors making bank while the iron is hot but no way any of these video game adaptations are gonna be good

I mean, they only stuck the landing with zero out of seven Resident Evil movies no way that luck holds

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

How did you not like the one that ends with a hundred milla jovovich clones and then kills all of them off in the first five minutes of the following movie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like the one where michelle rodriguez dies and then in a later movie there are two michelle rodriguezes

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don’t mind MGS as a movie since that seems like something that ‘98 kojima would want. he also would get to hang out with oscar issac so he’s probably stoked.

should’ve adapted one of his Saturn games though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
But Metal Gear Solid is already a movie? :confused:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I don’t mind MGS as a movie since that seems like something that ‘98 kojima would want. he also would get to hang out with oscar issac so he’s probably stoked.

should’ve adapted one of his Saturn games though.

But will it have a scene where Snake rescues the director of the film who then speaks directly to the camera? :colbert:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

Is the public ready for another zombie show where nothing interesting happens for seasons at a time

No thanks, most people aren't even ready for the season we are all stuck in right now

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

But will it have a scene where Snake rescues the director of the film who then speaks directly to the camera? :colbert:

John Vogt-roberts hanging out under a cardboard box wearing the same jacket John c reily wore in Kong: skull island.

I want it the other way around. More video game adaptations of movies and tv shows. Graphical fidelity has reached a point where we can have an X-files game set in the 90s with the actors voicing themselves with none of the trash that the latest two seasons had.

press X to kiss Scully

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIzD1sNnsuw

:thunk:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Arist posted:

Lyanna mormont from got as elle. Good cast!

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1359718716741681153?s=19

Wonder if pedro likes golf

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

I mean, they only stuck the landing with five out of seven Resident Evil movies no way that luck holds

Tbf, jvr on twitter hinted massively it wasnt mgs, but mg1 maybe 2 aswell that he was planning first

Also theres a new resi live action movie out this year with proper characters, the mansion, the city even lisa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MGS movie is coming never, it’s a scam to keep the rights a la Fox’s perpetually “in preproduction” Gambit film.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lyanna mormont from got as elle. Good cast!

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1359718716741681153?s=19

Wonder if pedro likes golf

Holy moly! I have not finished TLOU yet, but I adore Pedro in everything he is in so heck yes I love his casting :D

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have some hope in the TLOU show based on Craig Mazin’s involvement. Chernobyl is one of the best shows of the past couple years, after all. And obviously that cast is killer.

It still doesn’t really feel necessary to me, but I’ll definitely be watching

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I shall not partake!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ummm. EXCUUUUUUSSSSSEEEE you :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BP when you did your PS3 reflow, how long did it live afterwards (did you use it much)? Cause the more I read, the more anxious I get. There seems to be a lot of people saying it's a temporary fix if you don't go through with a reball at the same time (a process that requires a professional).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

BP when you did your PS3 reflow, how long did it live afterwards (did you use it much)? Cause the more I read, the more anxious I get. There seems to be a lot of people saying it's a temporary fix if you don't go through with a reball at the same time (a process that requires a professional).

It didn't live long! Uncharted 3 killed it both times. I am rather confident that I hosed up the reflow by applying too much thermal paste though, and that it would've lived longer if I'd done more research and watched a few more vids. A little goes a long way. But yeah, that was like 10 years go, and I eventually just got a PS3 slim which is alive to this day and is my primary blu-ray player. Wonderful machine.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
you can't really gently caress up a system with too much thermal paste, worst case scenario it just makes a mess.

sadly reflowing is kind of just a myth, apparently the act of heating up the chip is what brings it temporarily back to life, the solder balls have little to do with it. i've heard people get a couple months out of a reflow though, if that's useful.

basically what im saying is bp don't blame yourself you did everything you could.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You’re not the first person I’ve seen say they use their PS3 as largely a blu-ray machine now. Are the blu-ray capabilities especially better than with later PlayStations, or is it disc gamers not wanting to take a game out of their PS4/5 to put a movie in?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

this is the most intense poo poo i have EVER seen

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

you can't really gently caress up a system with too much thermal paste, worst case scenario it just makes a mess.

sadly reflowing is kind of just a myth, apparently the act of heating up the chip is what brings it temporarily back to life, the solder balls have little to do with it. i've heard people get a couple months out of a reflow though, if that's useful.

basically what im saying is bp don't blame yourself you did everything you could.

from what I've read the heating can actually damage your chips

Escobarbarian posted:

You’re not the first person I’ve seen say they use their PS3 as largely a blu-ray machine now. Are the blu-ray capabilities especially better than with later PlayStations, or is it disc gamers not wanting to take a game out of their PS4/5 to put a movie in?

in my case it's cause i have a spare PS3, not a spare PS4, to put in my bedroom.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

What's reflowing in that context? Wikipedia says it's a type of soldering involving solder paste and an infrared lamp, so I'm guessing we're talking about something different here.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think the PS3 allows you to just play discs without having to basically boot into another OS which is what it feels like the PS4 does lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

this is the most intense poo poo i have EVER seen

I think it's staged, and you might notice that they don't actually show the PS3 booting. Probably (successfully) chasing the algorithm.