Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
got Kingdom Primal and Cyclonus in the mail this morning and dang the light piping on Cyclonus is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

They've started a black metal band.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well Scourge does sorta have the same beard as the singer from Lordi.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Prepare for more Beast Wars because the rumors going around is that Bumblebee 2 will also be a Beast Wars movie. That's or there's something else that's going to involve Bumblebee and animal robots.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Bumblebee will live up to his name at last

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
That's right, he's a gold bug!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Waspinator movie

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hasbro would do this so they can repaint every movie Bumblebee toy green and call it Wasp. And the lone Waspinator-as-a-wasp toy will be a Kingdom Waspinator (this is probably coming right?) repaint.

Edit:
I feel like Windblade's live action debut is inevitable and Jet Mode Shatter might have been designed with that retool in mind.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 9, 2021

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The light piping is REAL nice. It's funny because I was talking to a friend saying how it was rude Hasbro gave light piping back then took it away again and a day or two later, Cyclonus shows up.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Cyclonus is so, so good.

Speaking of Beasties, are we going to see copious repaints of this guy?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The MSJ posted:

Hasbro would do this so they can repaint every movie Bumblebee toy green and call it Wasp. And the lone Waspinator-as-a-wasp toy will be a Kingdom Waspinator (this is probably coming right?) repaint.
We would all buy them. Instantly.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

Judging by the artwork released, every season 1 BW character has a Kingdom toy in the pipeline except Inferno and Tarantulas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Judging by the artwork released, every season 1 BW character has a Kingdom toy in the pipeline except Inferno and Tarantulas.

Isn't there a second Inferno listed somewhere?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
BW Inferno was my favorite toy for a long time. Loved that dude.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Isn't there a second Inferno listed somewhere?

Not that I've seen. I'll insta-buy a new Inferno if they do one, but I wonder if his rep as an eternal shelf-warmer hurt his chances.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

TheDK posted:

Cyclonus is so, so good.

Speaking of Beasties, are we going to see copious repaints of this guy?

Maybe not repaints, but someone took his shell to make a very good Skold custom figure out of Snapper

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Keldroc posted:

I feel weird that I’m mostly not touching kingdom after a glut of figure buying. Beast wars happened right when I got my drivers license so it really doesn’t have the nostalgia hit for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hey guys -

I've got a bunch of G1 combiner bots that I bought as a bundle like....uhh...25 years ago. I went through and sorted them out and while most are missing almost everything, I have a few that are really close to complete. Specifically right now, Bruticus - who's missing the individual bots weapons, which is no big deal, but is also missing his hands. The rest of the groups are missing hands and feet too - are there any places to get replacement ones that work, even if they're not original? I'm thinking of listing them and spending a bit on hands and feet might make them worth a tiny bit more.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Hey guys -

I've got a bunch of G1 combiner bots that I bought as a bundle like....uhh...25 years ago. I went through and sorted them out and while most are missing almost everything, I have a few that are really close to complete. Specifically right now, Bruticus - who's missing the individual bots weapons, which is no big deal, but is also missing his hands. The rest of the groups are missing hands and feet too - are there any places to get replacement ones that work, even if they're not original? I'm thinking of listing them and spending a bit on hands and feet might make them worth a tiny bit more.

I tend to go to transformerland.com for replacement parts. Wide variety of condition/quality with pricing to match, so you can usually choose how much you want to spend versus how good they look.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Diaclone is getting its first named human character. Only took 41 years.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Are they named Diana A. Clone?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oddly enough, Mike Rochange. Fine Québécois family, the Rochanges.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Phy posted:

Took me a second :golfclap:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Found Kup and Blurr today. I've only fiddled with their robot modes a little after opening but they seem cool so far. Cannot be repeated enough how much it rules that Kup comes with his energon goodies :allears:

They also had Kingdom Blackarachnia so I figured I might as well grab her as well. As someone that's never watched Beast Wars and whose only exposure to the character so far is Distant Stars I'd heard about the whole spider boobs thing but having the toy in hand they really are ridiculously dumb and ruin what is otherwise a really cool looking spider lady

Phy posted:

Lmao, well done

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Thank you!

Ultimately the guy who designed BA for the show deserves a bonk on the head and a trip to horny jail, but there's a quiet little corner of my brain where I can hear Venus Terzo right alongside Scott McNeil and Garry Chalk and drat if I was gonna let her sit on the shelf when I'm buying the rest of the crew.

Also, this does not excuse BA's character design, but if you've never seen the original Tarantulas toy, it's got some absolute cannons

I'm real glad Airrazor is getting a release this year tho

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Phy posted:

Goddamn robo-degens from up north

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Phy posted:

I was hoping for Mike Roman

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

Are they named Diana A. Clone?

Hikari Kaizaki.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Phy posted:

Ultimately the guy who designed BA for the show deserves a bonk on the head and a trip to horny jail, but there's a quiet little corner of my brain where I can hear Venus Terzo right alongside Scott McNeil and Garry Chalk and drat if I was gonna let her sit on the shelf when I'm buying the rest of the crew

I definitely plan on watching Beast Wars at some point, the thing stopping me so far has just kind of been like "well I'm still making my way through the idw comics and still have my Japanese g1 dvds, so one ongoing transformers story at a time."

I picked her up despite the unfamiliarity partly because I want to get any reasonably accessible female Transformer I can that isn't just another Arcee or Moonracer redo and because if when I do watch the show I like the character already having a toy that was easy to grab in a local shop is better than trying to track one down once they're no longer around

Like I said, it's a really cool design apart from the silly boobs, and even if I didn't buy one myself it's not like I'd judge other people that do. That's reserved for the weirdos with the third party Arcees that come with the soft chest part and stuff like that

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Did the tab on her boobs snap yet? Mine did second time I transformed her.

You don't NEED it, per se, but it's always annoying when things break through no fault of your own.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
weird to think he's that big but fits in a computer.

I manged to find SS hot Rod, who is great for a toy that I am 100% sure will disintegrate in like a year.

Weirdly, other then Cyclonus and Megatron, Kingdom Blackaracnia is one of the few I really want in wave 1 cause she looks like her character model in the show, and isn't hindered by something that just really looks off to me. Like Cheetor has that extended stomach bit, Rattrap has a weird butt in rat mode and lovely shoulders in robot mode, and Optimus has that weird tanuki nutsack pouch in beast mode that just bothers me. I'm kinda interested in Paleotrex and Vertebreak, but I'm not sure I can swing them.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Like I said, it's a really cool design apart from the silly boobs, and even if I didn't buy one myself it's not like I'd judge other people that do. That's reserved for the weirdos with the third party Arcees that come with the soft chest part and stuff like that
That was an addon kit to a 3P Arcee, actually. Which might be even weirder.

Beast Wars is definitely worth watching once you've finished G1. She's a pretty good character, I don't super strongly recall all the cringe bits (BW is a product of the 90s after all) but she's important to the story, pretty cool and handles a lot of the toughest poo poo the show throws at the cast. The design is what it is, but if you don't want to punch the toy, you'll probably not mind after a bit.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You don't NEED it, per se, but it's always annoying when things break through no fault of your own.

Haven't tried transforming her yet, but that's definitely something I've read about and sounds like a bummer yeah

Spiderdrake posted:

Beast Wars is definitely worth watching once you've finished G1. She's a pretty good character, I don't super strongly recall all the cringe bits (BW is a product of the 90s after all) but she's important to the story, pretty cool and handles a lot of the toughest poo poo the show throws at the cast. The design is what it is, but if you don't want to punch the toy, you'll probably not mind after a bit.

Ah, yeah, it being a step beyond just "here's the toy" definitely is another level lol

Sounds good. I'm honestly not sure how I missed it at the time. I was the right age to be into it, I was already a fan of Mainframe's Reboot so it's not like I couldn't digest an ugly groundbreaking mid 90s cgi action show, it just somehow completely passed me buy. Maybe it was airing in a period where we didn't have pay t.v. and just wasn't on the free to air stuff I was watching at the time

Homora Gaykemi fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 11, 2021

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I got it open without snapping the tab off, and I'd already read about the problem, so I shaved it down with an xacto and it's stayed on

There's just the barest hint of a click from it now, but it stayed on

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

There actually was a 3p arcee by a diff company that had a soft boobs bit. Look at the video reviews on Nicee

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think Black Arachnia looks pretty cool....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Needed some soap so I hit a walmart on the way home. They had all the Kingdom deluxes, grabbed Blackarachnia. Cheetor's colors are indeed bad so I'm glad I canceled that order. SS Grimlock is in my stash at TCP so I need about $100 worth of stuff to drop so I can justify shipping it.

Speaking of, I have both DNA kits for Skorponok ordered and I'm really starting to second guess that purchase. $85 for cosmetic upgrades to a mode I probably won't ever display him in. I think I'm gonna trim that from my preorders.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Can confirm you can get up to some dumb stuff if you happen to have a spare Paleotrex or two.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

DisposableHero posted:

Can confirm you can get up to some dumb stuff if you happen to have a spare Paleotrex or two.

I've got two but only opened one so far. Haven't opened the second one after being pretty underwhelmed with the first. Though some of those triple-combined modes look bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

TheDK posted:

I've got two but only opened one so far. Haven't opened the second one after being pretty underwhelmed with the first. Though some of those triple-combined modes look bad rear end.

This was semi on accident. I had preordered it, then found it in store. I should have cancelled but after seeing the fun stuff folks were doing decided to just keep the order. My daughter and I made a fairly decent two headed hound-a-saur thing too.