Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm intrigued about Maki Itoh she seems cool. I'll have to seek some out.

Dave is right that whatever you think about the rest of AEW that last half hour was one of the best things on TV wrestling ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/fo_vverhei/status/1357619555388952579

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did she sell it out or did it continue to be a sinner? :ohdear:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Glad to see Vinnie join the Itoh Simp Club

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Jerusalem posted:

For some reason, Dave casually mentioning that Tito has been to his house in the middle of calling him a loving idiot reminded me of the time he did a show with Bryan and Filthy Tom to talk about Jon Jones, and said that UFC hadn't ever fired anybody important who had failed a drug test, which made Tom audibly go,"....hey.... :smith:" :allears:

It was way more brutal than that he literally says

Dave:" I mean if you suspend someone like Tom Laylor, I mean who cares."
Tom Laylor: "...hey."

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

HidaO-Win posted:

All time great moment.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Cavauro posted:

they're hyper aware of maki itoh's online popularity. might not change a lot for now because of the way the world is but she will be a dynamite regular sooner or later

Specifically, Kenny (I think) has talked about wanting Maki Itoh to do some time in AEW last year, which the pandemic scuttled.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Memnaelar posted:

It'd be awesome if AEW saw the swell around Maki Itoh and changed up plans to give her a big push in the tournament. Maybe I'm just an idiot (and I probably am) but I kind of doubt the initial plan was to put her anywhere near the final in Japan, much less bring her to the US in the short-term.

We know Tony Khan is a big metrics and numbers guy, I'm sure he's aware of how Maki Itoh does on social media and whatever buzz was generated by the announcement in the tournament. They also saved her for the last announcement on the Japanese side. And she's talked about how she wanted to work with AEW long before this tournament was announced. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she was in the final. And then, of course, loses to Riho or whatever because she's still Maki Itoh and her life is suffering.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Getting completely owned in a title match is also a very Maki Itoh introduction.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

God that's an all time moment. So funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HidaO-Win posted:

gently caress, I had forgotten it was that blatant, ahaha.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Maki Itoh vs Britt Baker, Baker needs to knock her teeth out preventing her from being the cutest, setting up a feud once Britt wins the title off Shida

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Memnaelar posted:

It'd be awesome if AEW saw the swell around Maki Itoh and changed up plans to give her a big push in the tournament. Maybe I'm just an idiot (and I probably am) but I kind of doubt the initial plan was to put her anywhere near the final in Japan, much less bring her to the US in the short-term.

if they want people to be beating down the doors demanding maki itoh they'll have her lose in the second round in a particularly brutal way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ItohRespectArmy posted:

if they want people to be beating down the doors demanding maki itoh they'll have her lose in the second round in a particularly brutal way.

Yeah she's gonna get over on her own the tournament is a good way to introduce her, but just tease the audience. Plus tease and denial are probably some of the words she's learned recently.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

So we're switching it up and dropping the long form podcast and changing our name to Rudo Wrestling! This means we'll be focusing mostly on YouTube now with separate videos for all the promotions and shows we talk about. Check out our first new Rudo Wrestling video talking the New Beginning in Nagoya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1H7i1E9K0Q

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Rudo Recap for AEW Beach Break is live! We'll be dropping a special Forbidden Portal Fantasy Booking episode this week before the next Episode of Dynamite, so stay tuned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kxDNaYKK1A

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Very good BTE recap on WOR

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

enjoyed listening to Meltz talk about WWE's age problem and being like "they have too many Edges, and not enough... *completely blanks trying to think of young prospects with bright futures* whatever"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Dave isn't the one getting divorced.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1359286663243997185

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
My Hole is over

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Conundrum: Normally, they'd make that her gimmick every week going forward, but on the other hand, she's the Rock's cousin, and don't want to piss him off.

What to do?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
know your hole and shut your mouth

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Given that he may never come back, what’s the issue behind pissing The Rock off? Just do what you want.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TV Zombie posted:

Given that he may never come back, what’s the issue behind pissing The Rock off? Just do what you want.

They want him back desperately? He does stuff with them every once in awhile too.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Davros1 posted:

Conundrum: Normally, they'd make that her gimmick every week going forward, but on the other hand, she's the Rock's cousin, and don't want to piss him off.

What to do?

They censored it from the Youtube replay so I think you already have your answer

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

They soooo desperately want to have Rock vs Roman at Mania.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Lmao

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWQ7o77EtHY

This was a pretty great retro show.

I like Hurricane Vinny.

I remember Hurricane got super over, to the extent he was in an angle with Hollywood Rock. But I don't think he was ever..."elevated" is the right word? I guess too small for the era.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

The Rock's got a sitcom about to premiere that's produced by the same company that just paid over a billion dollars for the WWE Network. He's probably gonna be at Mania this year.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

OctoberCountry posted:

The Rock's got a sitcom about to premiere that's produced by the same company that just paid over a billion dollars for the WWE Network. He's probably gonna be at Mania this year.
I could seriously see them doing the exact same thing as the Cena/Miz main event. He interferes to gently caress Roman over and set up a match for next year

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MassRafTer posted:

They want him back desperately? He does stuff with them every once in awhile too.

I can't see him coming back for any extended period of time with movies being a legitimate option for him. And given how stagnant the product was become, I wonder how much of a bump he would be for ratings or PPV sales.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Now that the Forbidden Portal is open Rock is going to show up in AEW to face off against Toru Yano

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1359697392568737804

Dave's testy tonight

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave describing Methuselah's age in the Bible as a work had me cackling.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWQ7o77EtHY

This was a pretty great retro show.

I like Hurricane Vinny.

I remember Hurricane got super over, to the extent he was in an angle with Hollywood Rock. But I don't think he was ever..."elevated" is the right word? I guess too small for the era.

The week after Rock left, Triple H squashed Hurricane on Raw and that was pretty much the end of Hurricane's push.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Takuan posted:

The week after Rock left, Triple H squashed Hurricane on Raw and that was pretty much the end of Hurricane's push.

Not only that, he couldn't even be bothered to use the pedigree, he beat him with a sleeper

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not only that, he couldn't even be bothered to use the pedigree, he beat him with a sleeper

He beat Jeff Hardy with one too. TBF to HHH, sleepers are cool.

Also, Moxley has brought the sleeper back effortlessly.

Also also, Mox is straight up winning matches with headlocks and looking cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Royal Updog posted:

He beat Jeff Hardy with one too. TBF to HHH, sleepers are cool.

Also, Moxley has brought the sleeper back effortlessly.

Also also, Mox is straight up winning matches with headlocks and looking cool

Both his sleeper and headlock are judo choke variations, one with elbows, HHH's was a half assed one and I believe it was meant to send a message

Plus it's not like he'd built it up with weeks of putting people to sleep. At best, Hunter's dumb rear end decided the only hot babyface they had other than Kane (who got buried on his own time by HHH) and Booker T (same), would be a good time to debut a new submission finish that was about 15 years out of date as a credible finish.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 11, 2021