Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Nonsense posted:

The Guardian announced it has fired Joe Biden.

Actually you'll find they've never fired anyone because they actually don't employ anyone.

https://twitter.com/orennimni/status/1359674089447768064

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They sacked Dawn Foster for writing a negative article about Tom Watson so this isn't shocking lol

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jakabite posted:

Running to the filth is bad and any leftist who does it should feel ashamed IMO

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The new Adam Curtis doc series is up on iPlayer now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p093wp6h/cant-get-you-out-of-my-head

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
You could flag it up to the GMC, though.
They're not the filth, but they are responsible for ensuring he's fit to practice. He won't lose his license, but it might worry him enough to encourage him to change his behaviour.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lord of the Llamas posted:

My thinking is that Ireland will still observe EU exchangeability and there are also separate agreements that allow you to go from Ireland to NI license.

Yes, with a few exceptions as I gave a summary of earlier.

Here is more information.

https://www.ndls.ie/help/faq.html#i...nd-after-brexit

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Don't rat him out to the police because (a) they'll do gently caress all out of emergency services solidarity, (b) they haven't got the time, and (c) if they do it'll be a disproportionate and psysical response, especially if he's also guilty of ethnicities.

He is risking patient health though so absolutely do rat him out to his hospital or the GMC, especially if he's being that much of a bell end about it.

The idea that you never rat anyone out ever for anything can gently caress off.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is it just random which vaccine people get?

Parents just had theirs and got the Pfizer one which surprised me, I figured we'd be sticking the AZ one into everyone at this point.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I think the AZ one was approved later than the others, so we got in a big order of the others that needs using up, even if we do end up switching exclusively to AZ.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Depends what location you book here. Big hospitals with emergency rooms and cold storage tend to be Pfizer, smaller regional hospitals and vaccine centres tend to be AZ.

Not sure about second doses, they said at the time it'd be the same as the first dose.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
yeah informing to the police is definitely too much curtain twitching - for sure better is a managed level of curtain twitching where you try and speak to this member of emergency services manager to get him sacked based on vague understandings derived entirely second hand from social media posting. this is proportionate, sensible and wildly consistent with our political ideals.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Depends what location you book here. Big hospitals with emergency rooms and cold storage tend to be Pfizer, smaller regional hospitals and vaccine centres tend to be AZ.

Not sure about second doses, they said at the time it'd be the same as the first dose.

This was a vaccine centre, but it's also in the Toriest of home counties so maybe they're funnelling the good stuff to their own.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1359889553725812736?s=19

Forde enquiry has been booted into the long grass.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I think the AZ one was approved later than the others, so we got in a big order of the others that needs using up, even if we do end up switching exclusively to AZ.
Right now the AZ one is looking less useful long term due to the South African strain. But even before that the Pzifer and Moderna ones were showing superior results (if at the downside of extra cost and complexity of storage). but demand currently exceeds supply so we need to use everything we can get our hands on, even if it means the AZ shots given now are a stop-gap.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

CoolCab posted:

yeah informing to the police is definitely too much curtain twitching - for sure better is a managed level of curtain twitching where you try and speak to this member of emergency services manager to get him sacked based on vague understandings derived entirely second hand from social media posting. this is proportionate, sensible and wildly consistent with our political ideals.
I mean ideally the manager would investigate rather than just going 'oh poo poo, someone complained, lets fire him.'

Ideally.

No, wait, everyone in this hell country is a reactive oval office.

I dunno. 'Let a guy in direct contact with vulnerable people continue to be negligent and put them at risk' does not seem to be sending solidarity in the right direction.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

From the labourlist link in the tweet:

quote:

The formal submission sent to the inquiry by ex-staffers, seen by The Guardian, said the messages in the report were used selectively and edited to give a false impression. They called on the inquiry to be abandoned.

Bollox. Careful wording to imply that because Graun saw it it must be true.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
incredible how badly starmer has hosed it because he refused to allow the report to be published properly

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

1) When will this be leaked?

2) How politicised is the ICO?

3) Is this bad for Jeremy Corbin?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
If you could complain to the GMC anonymously I would probably do that, because I am a coward. However, you need to submit your name and details, and I'm just not prepared to have my name written down on some paper work which could potentially end the career of someone I've been friends with for 20 years.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao these people are insane

https://twitter.com/NickCohen4/status/1358543188705894404?s=20

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean ideally the manager would investigate rather than just going 'oh poo poo, someone complained, lets fire him.'

Ideally.

No, wait, everyone in this hell country is a reactive oval office.

I dunno. 'Let a guy in direct contact with vulnerable people continue to be negligent and put them at risk' does not seem to be sending solidarity in the right direction.

you are writing yourself justifications for your culturally conditioned impulses. the issues of this pandemic will not be resolved by persecuting individuals but instead by systemic action - we imagine to ourselves that it's all bad actors when it isn't, they represent some tiny froth contrasted with the tsunami of bad policy. and part of that bad policy is encouraging people to narc and encourage excessive, punitive punishments for breaking a set of rules that do not work, to push the collective guilt away from collective failings and our justifiable rage at the failings of our leadership onto a lovely useful scapegoat.

we each have a little policeman in our heads and that wasn't an accident. engaging with him will make nothing better in this context.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Only fist your doctor, trusts will never help you.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

lmao

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

"Solidarity, comrade" i think to myself at the funeral of my elderly relatives who got covid from the headset prick, "i have destroyed the policeman in my head".

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

That is loving amazing.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Nick Cohen is clearly an awful person, but the doctor exporting scheme does seem to be verifiably a bad thing, unless I'm missing something signficant?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Mugsbaloney posted:

"Solidarity, comrade" i think to myself at the funeral of my elderly relatives who got covid from the headset prick, "i have destroyed the policeman in my head".

There shall be no fathers, no mothers, no sons, and no daughters - only the state, to which we all contribute according to ability and all receive according to our need.

When everyone's a police officer, nobody is.

Of course, that's a joke. Pure individuality and trusting in the good intentions of others will solve this problem as long as we remove the impediments - there shall be no police, no laws, and no taxes. And soon enough we'll live in a utopian society, with free healthcare for all.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Mugsbaloney posted:

is this a principle you apply more broadly or are you also just expressing your cultural anxieties, i wonder? clearly it's life or death that he uses his - entirely guesswork assessment that this person represents an imminent threat of harm.

i tell you what - how about you get yourself a cricket bat go down there and sort him out yourself - why do you need to involve anyone else? you have a clear ethical justification for your action, apparently.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

dont need a cricket bat, i'm strong as gently caress mate

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
quite often when i see someone who's forgotten their mask or standing too close to each other or or i infer based on extremely solid anecdotal conjecture that they're clearly breaking the law - i know, intimately, that they are personally responsible for any number of deaths, which explains and justifies the bodies beneath the floorboards, officer.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Mugsbaloney posted:

dont need a cricket bat, i'm strong as gently caress mate

i mean it might make you feel that way when you're narcing but, idk i feel like that sensation isn't worth the consequences, you know?

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

yes yes if i disagree with you and think as an icu person he does indeed potentially have the ability to infect a large number of people, that is the same thing as planning to do him a hecking killo.

Im sure this isn't the first time you've heard this but that avatar makes it extremely easy to argue with you in bad faith

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Mugsbaloney posted:

yes yes if i disagree with you and think as an icu person he does indeed potentially have the ability to infect a large number of people, that is the same thing as planning to do him a hecking killo.

it's your ethical responsibility to narc, of course! i hadn't thought of it that way.

quote:

Im sure this isn't the first time you've heard this but that avatar makes it extremely easy to argue with you in bad faith

and why i treasure it

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

CoolCab posted:

quite often when i see someone who's forgotten their mask or standing too close to each other or or i infer based on extremely solid anecdotal conjecture that they're clearly breaking the law - i know, intimately, that they are personally responsible for any number of deaths, which explains and justifies the bodies beneath the floorboards, officer.

So if someone asks me to put on a mask and I call the police on them because wanting me to wear a mask is the same thing as killing me does that make me a narc?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Breakfast All Day posted:

So if someone asks me to put on a mask and I call the police on them because wanting me to wear a mask is the same thing as killing me does that make me a narc?

could you maybe construct this in a way that's coherent at all?

e: that's a bit flip - could you structure your objection in a sensible way? which is to say, if it is your intention to waste police time and energy with then we have a radically different conversation.

CoolCab fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 11, 2021

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

VR typhoid mary continues to cut a swathe through the population, my neck is straining to hold the weight of the halo that magically appeared when i first decided not to turn him in (it is a halo made of dense metal attached to my neck by a rod) (actually no its a sign that says worlds dumbest idiot)

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Mugsbaloney posted:

VR typhoid mary continues to cut a swathe through the population, my neck is straining to hold the weight of the halo that magically appeared when i first decided not to turn him in (it is a halo made of dense metal attached to my neck by a rod) (actually no its a sign that says worlds dumbest idiot)

we have gone from "i heard he may have had visitors over and may be planning a holiday he shouldn't" - to typhoid mary. it's amazing how quickly offences multiply when you narc, huh.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Perfect Element posted:

Nick Cohen is clearly an awful person, but the doctor exporting scheme does seem to be verifiably a bad thing, unless I'm missing something signficant?
The spirit of medical internationalism as practiced by Cuba has always been held up as an overall good thing in terms of human benefit.

The practice of paying workers much less than the amount of value their labor produces is bad, unless that surplus value is reinvested in the medical system (and sometimes even then).

It's curious why, according to Nick Cohen, this is the one case where it deserves pointing out that the practice of paying workers much less than the amount of value their labor produces is bad though.

Very much a "'you think public sanitation is good, but these tunnel diggers were severely underpaid' writes Spiked O'Cerebellum from his custom hot air balloon that jettisons waste onto poor children" vibe.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
but this is how this entire pandemic is structured, isn't it? it's typhoid mary, it's all the fault of individuals and yet somehow never the responsibility of an individual - it's all of our faults for not narcing hard enough, or the fault of those ignorant proles who come into work even though they're sick.

the inverse is of course never examined - that this individual is putting themselves at enormous risk because they are administering aid to the sick in the middle of a loving plauge is irrelevant - it doesn't matter that he most likely spent the past year quite literally putting his own life on the line for you, just that he's failing to conform to policy that we all know does not work. it's more important to get an ICU worker out of the ICU because at some point in future he might, catch coronavirus (again) and spread it on and potentially harm someone, than the harm he has to prevent every time he comes into work.

it's definitely a reasonable thing to say to our NHS staff that we clap for you as hard as you can, so long as you don't socialize for a year straight - so long as you accept that you are now a secondclass citizen for your service, and your friends will literally contact your boss or the police whenever you step out of line. for someone who did work in the NHS during the pandemic that makes me feel extremely well supported and appreciated, let me tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I trust noone in this thread has ever reported a post...

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST