Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Must be why Nomura won’t put playable Kairi in any of the games. She’s too powerful!

Edit: I mean besides that tiny part of the DLC.

Technically she’s also playable in MOM....for a Memory Dive section that’s impossible to fail before for some reason putting on Sora’s skin in the final battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

She needed to channel Sora’s power to beat memory Xehanort or whatever the final boss battle was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1359941302809292800

Wow

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kingdom Hearts on PC? That is pretty cool

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, had any Kingdom Hearts game ever gotten a PC release before this?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Doomtrain
Sep 12, 2006
A mood train?
The prices:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1359943749862780929

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Larryb posted:

I forget, had any Kingdom Hearts game ever gotten a PC release before this?

https://twitter.com/kingdomhearts/status/1359947814902640643?s=21

Nope

Edit: lmao nobody is gonna pay those insane prices. They’ve discounted the entire Story So Far bundle to like under $50 before. That’s just absolutely bonkers.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

God drat those prices though. Just snagged KH3 but gonna skip the rest lol.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

How many times I have I bought KH2 in some form?

Not enough apparently!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

https://twitter.com/kingdomhearts/status/1359947814902640643?s=21

Nope

Edit: lmao nobody is gonna pay those insane prices. They’ve discounted the entire Story So Far bundle to like under $50 before. That’s just absolutely bonkers.

Ah, for some reason I thought the first game might have a while back. Neat

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Square: Pay $60 for KH2.8 Final Chapter Prologue on PC!

PC users: :sora:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/khinsider/status/1359950917861216258?s=21

Exclusive content! Not worth the full price but still cool.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The all-in-one collection is $25 digital and $30 physical right now(+$20 for re:mind), and Epic wants you to pay $170 for it, lol.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Gruckles posted:

The all-in-one collection is $25 digital and $30 physical right now(+$20 for re:mind), and Epic wants you to pay $170 for it, lol.

Is everything in the all-in-one collection announced as included?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this screams "japanese company doesn't understand pc gaming market" to me

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
It's priced competitively against XBOX.

Except XBOX has all those titles on sale right now for a far more reasonable price.

And they're on gamepass.

lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
You can literally get all these games minus the rhythm one for 30 dollars on PS4 right now. lmao

no thanks!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gruckles posted:

And even including Melody of Memory separately that’s STILL overall cheaper than this. Hard pass

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I guarantee they’ll all go deep discount within a year. Pretty neat though, never thought I’d see the day.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

maybe one day they'll be some of the weekly free games and I can dodge paying for remind once and for all

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Think there’s a chance of the rest of the series making it onto Switch eventually as well or would it not really be able to run them that well (particularly KH3)?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Switch could certainly handle the older games but probably not KHIII. I think that must be their reasoning, that they wouldn’t want to only put some of the series onto Switch. That and I’m sure optimizing stuff for Switch’s weak hardware is probably difficult and they can’t be bothered.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lmao at the 400% mark-up compared to getting The Story So Far on PS4

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I will probably fold and pick up 3 again to stream remind fights and also theres probably going to be a really fun randomizer that gets made for it eventually.

The other two I will wait for a real sale or price drop

Also so i.can mod wedding rings onto the destiny island trio as they were meant to have.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
By wedding rings, I hope you mean big, BIG, OVERSIZED paopu fruits covering their entire hand.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Gologle posted:

By wedding rings, I hope you mean big, BIG, OVERSIZED paopu fruits covering their entire hand.

Bangles with little paopu charms hanging from them maybe? I dunno I'm workshopping ideas here.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also so i.can mod wedding rings onto Donald and Goofy as they were meant to have.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

They're amicably divorced actually

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Goofy is a single father.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Square: Pay $60 for KH2.8 Final Chapter Prologue on PC!

PC users: :sora:

Haha wow

2.8 is only worth getting if you’ve completely run out of things to do in all the other games.

I’ll get 2 and 3 in a few years when they’re on Steam and have some decent mods

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

2.8 isn't just the aqua demo thing, it's also ddd and that's a full game. has issues but it's fun and worth playing if you're into kh imo. hell the aqua demo's cool too, just not something that should cost a bunch of money

$60 is highway robbery but I guess banditry is square's goal with these pc ports

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

2.8 isn't just the aqua demo thing, it's also ddd and that's a full game. has issues but it's fun and worth playing if you're into kh imo. hell the aqua demo's cool too, just not something that should cost a bunch of money

$60 is highway robbery but I guess banditry is square's goal with these pc ports

I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow partially a licensing/Disney thing, since Square already has most FF games on Steam at not-full-price. FFXV is $40 including all the DLC

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Don’t forget that you’re spending $60 to find out why Mickey was shirtless during the ending of KH

I loving died laughing at that. I love this stupid series.

Edit: 0.2 was very cool as a tech demo for KHIII, I’m not sure how exciting it would be now that KHIII is out. Then again the fights against Phantom Aqua and the secret boss rush are extremely cool and good.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 12, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
DDD is probably the worst Kingdom Hearts. I say this as a KH3 (launch day/proud mode) hater and without having played RE:Coded

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

even if you loathe the drop mechanic I can't understand thinking ddd is worse than something like days

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Days at least goes for interesting things in its story even if it plays like rear end. I like pretty much nothing about 3D.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that take makes even less sense to me. it's like we're not even speaking the same language at this point

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

maybe someone will mod DDD and BBS to actually be fun now that they're coming to PC

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
DDD is a bit better than BBS, and both are leagues above CoM.