Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

i just have so many questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The first part of this is also how you make fleshlight for a duck.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Sound on for the best experience.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Since none of them are getting out of the way or reacting much and that seems like a ton of gravel, I'm guessing they are spreading it down the path like that intentionally from where it was dumped up trail?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Nenonen posted:

I was thinking more of some kind of rope system, even just a direct rope so you wouldn't stand next to an open pit...

Oh, and no ear protection? :nice:

Youre talkin extra costs, here. They were already payin those guys to work.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Bunch of idiots just adding to erosion issues for the hell of it.

They should do the same but with all the litter in the mountains.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

dog nougat posted:

That looks awful and I didn't really need to see that happen

Man, I wish I felt the same way about things like this. I look at videos like that and feel nothing. That's what I get for being edgy on the internet for so many years I guess.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Normally I’d have to pay for an experience like that

But seriously, I hope that machine has an emergency stop

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Back in 2007 my home town had an 80 car pile up on I40. Zero visibility fog/blizzard conditions. Only one fatality, surprisingly.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I was more focusing on the guys pushing the bell while standing next to a large pit with no fall protection barriers.

\/\/\/ it did have sound but imgur didn't even give me the option of leaving it in. I'll try again.

You have to upload on the main page, not from your account pages.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cojawfee posted:

Man, I wish I felt the same way about things like this. I look at videos like that and feel nothing. That's what I get for being edgy on the internet for so many years I guess.

Horror movies, for me. That just looks like a trailer to a Final Destination sequel. You thought you escaped Death, then you get into an accident on an icy highway but survive, and just when you think you are in the clear your whole drat car gets run over by a semi. It's a good twist, but the cinematography sucks.

This desensitization doesn't apply in person. In person things are closer and there are smells, facial expressions, and decisions to be made. But everything on a screen is just stuff on a screen.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Forth Rail Bridge toilet.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

aren't those machines foot operated? like you have to step on the big pad

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Blue On Blue posted:

Also you'd think the first thing you'd do is shut the machine down, then go for a pair of scissors or shears, not jump bodily into the exact same mess your coworker is in.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It looks like they're intentionally doing it. The way the first guy sticks his head under, like he's trying to get far enough in so it doesn't hurt when it bundles him.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

It looks like they're intentionally doing it. The way the first guy sticks his head under, like he's trying to get far enough in so it doesn't hurt when it bundles him.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's staged for a safety video or just a gag for a TV show or YouTube.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Blue On Blue posted:

I've used one that used a laser to detect when something goes in, then bands after a few seconds. So you hold the stack of boxes in, it bands them and you pull it out. The band gets melted together underneath and does the cut. The cut doesn't work if it isn't banding tight enough since it relies on the tension to cut through the plastic.

The perfect camera angle suggests this is a setup.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

like the shirt says on the back, you're a box now.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I work a lot with corrugated manufacturers and strappers are often automated. They often have a redeye that can detect obstructions but frequently don't. You can also set the band pressure high enough to really gently caress yourself up if you get a body part stuck in it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/B48T1DX.gifv

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

More corrugated OSHA:

quote:

Federal regulators have cited Horn Packaging Corp. for 12 alleged safety violations after a worker was fatally injured last year while operating a machine that produces corrugated boxes.

The company is facing $130,300 in fines, the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration said today in a news release.

Russell W. Walker Jr. of Fitchburg died Nov. 7 at Horn’s plant on Fort Pond Road, the office of Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. reported last year. Mr. Walker, a former Fitchburg High School football player, was 29.

OSHA issued a “willful citation” against Horn Packaging for allegedly leaving a horizontal drive shaft exposed on the corrugated box-making machine, according to OSHA’s citation. The alleged violation carries a fine of $70,000, and OSHA ordered it corrected by tomorrow.

The company can contest the citations, OSHA said.

Not in the article but the guy was operating a horizontal press that compressed stacks of finished boxes. The guards had been removed and the press was jury-rigged to engage on a timed cycle. The operator reached in to straighten a stack of boxes and the press engaged. The family insisted on an open casket and the mortician had to rebuild half of his head with plaster.

The manufacturer shut down permanently shortly after.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD67ClenBEY

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

I feel as though the effort involved in keeping your feet from sinking has to be greater than the effort required to just walk down the hill normally.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

PiCroft posted:

But seriously, I hope that machine has an emergency stop

It stops automatically when the number of strapped-in employees exceeds two.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

minato posted:

Man, how bad was the first one?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Elviscat posted:

Man, how bad was the first one?

The first toilet fell in the river. The second toilet was built on the remains of the first...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/zOO9RTr.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dirk the Average posted:

The first toilet fell in the river. The second toilet was built on the remains of the first...

and it sank into the river, too. So, I built a third one. That one burned down, fell over, then sank into the river, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest toilet on this bridge.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I didn’t see the tube at first and assumed all the flowing water on the walkway was a defect.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

minato posted:

I love that level in Half-Life 2.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Now how do you supposed they clean that glass? And all the bodies on the hillside underneath which everyone can plainly see on account of the glass?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

McCracAttack posted:

Now how do you supposed they clean that glass? And all the bodies on the hillside underneath which everyone can plainly see on account of the glass?

Well you send down 3 tubes in a row, the first has two people with big spray bottles of windex, the second has big spray bottles of water and the third has big squeegees on either side

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Blue On Blue posted:

The ones I've seen are. They are also fairly gentle so people in the warehouse at my old company used to do exactly this just to freak out the new workers.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha back in the days of the GBS dildomancy thread I cast a six fluted end mill in super soft medical grade silicone. Think I gave it away in one of the GiP secret santas.

E: ahhh, there he is

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 11, 2021

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xqvKgtg9a0

No harm done.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

shame on an IGA posted:

haha back in the days of the GBS dildomancy thread I cast a six fluted end mill in super soft medical grade silicone. Think I gave it away in one of the GiP secret santas.

:aaaaa:

This is art of the highest order.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

shame on an IGA posted:

you could really ream yourself with that bad boy

casque
Mar 17, 2009

End mill indeed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/90E1W2Y.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
broke my big toe on a root doing a rope sing when I was in scouts....but still this looks super fun.