Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Cal McNair could end this instantly if he wanted to. He has to see the entire NFL world laughing at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Intruder posted:

Cal McNair could end this instantly if he wanted to. He has to see the entire NFL world laughing at him

nah, the first move of every cult is to cut off outside contact

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"You know who else doubted the process, Cal? Thomas. You're not a doubting Thomas, are you Cal?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

An article about Cal's failson status

https://www.battleredblog.com/real-...n-elite-failson

His entire career until his dad died was working for his dad

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Intruder posted:

An article about Cal's failson status

https://www.battleredblog.com/real-...n-elite-failson

His entire career until his dad died was working for his dad

I feel like this tweet from the article deserves to be pulled out to stand on its own :catstare:

https://twitter.com/jackeasterby/status/1344872774335127552?s=21

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Docjowles posted:

I feel like this tweet from the article deserves to be pulled out to stand on its own :catstare:

LMFAO this is definitely something he makes the team recite as a chant isn’t it?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Intruder posted:

"Cal, I know it seems tough now remember Jesus, the guy who fed five thousand and crip walked on water? He said 'If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.'"

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 12, 2021

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Docjowles posted:

All work and no prayer makes Jack a dull boy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Clear eyes pure heart can't lose

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AngusPodgorny posted:

There's more of a connection than just playing on a team Easterby was a character coach for...
https://twitter.com/riversmccown/status/1359943179664056321

So assuming this was filmed while Thompson was still a student athlete, this is what Easterby looked like at 32 or 33:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

fsif posted:

So assuming this was filmed while Thompson was still a student athlete, this is what Easterby looked like at 32 or 33:

I'm somewhere between 32 and 33 and this dude is at least 40.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fsif posted:

He’s got those Stephen Miller genes

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fsif posted:

lol, I just noticed his sideburns or lack thereof.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

C-Euro posted:

I'm exactly the same age as you and I look 20, maybe 25 years younger than this guy in this picture.

I almost can't believe that this is the same guy as this guy:

It's like if he underwent some sort of... transformation.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It is awesome that dumbfuck old man raised dumbfuck idiot kid, and now the kid's got the keys to god's kingdom

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol the SBNation Texans blog is in full revolt.

https://www.battleredblog.com/2021/2/11/22277878/its-jack-easterbys-team-now

quote:

The fanbase is also no longer beholden to the Houston Texans.

We’ve done our part to support this team through thick and thin, but when the owner puts a charlatan before the players, employees, fans, and the rest of the world, the implied contract between fan and team is broken. There are 31 other NFL teams that would be happy to have a fanbase as passionate and loyal as the one Houston has enjoyed for the last 19 years. Time to move on since Cal McNair has shown no signs of selling the team or firing Jack Easterby.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

He looks like a bad Phil Collins impersonator.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He looks like he's going to show his mom all the awards he won in army today

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

C-Euro posted:

he looks like a more middle aged version of buster from arrested development

Intruder posted:

He looks like he's going to show his mom all the awards he won in army today

god dammit i can't believe i actually got beaten to this

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He looks like he's about to tell someone life is a box of chocolates.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is karma for all the times I said to myself, in my head, "well at least I'm not a fan of <insert any of a few teams across several sports here but think Lions or Mets for some good examples>"

now that's us

yay

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

fast cars loose anus posted:

This is karma for all the times I said to myself, in my head, "well at least I'm not a fan of <insert any of a few teams across several sports here but think Lions or Mets for some good examples>"

now that's us

yay

As a Lions fan, being able to go "well at least that's not us!" is extremely cathartic.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This is the face of someone who at the bare minimum is experiencing hypomania

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

never trust anyone who shows bottom and top teeth when they smile

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

now that's us

yay

I feel bad for that fan earlier (maybe it was in another thread) who said they just want this saga to be over already

Forgetting the fact that when you're a fan of a team that gets in a stupid reckless period of time like this, it's at best a decade before the team actually recovers from it

We just had like three years where everyone wanted BOB gone, ending with him being gone, and someone Worse immediately taking his place. If this thing has a rock bottom, it's not being hit for a while

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bring me more dirt and chaos in Houston!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

He has one more year left on his deal, I honestly think they'll just release him

Yep

Felt inevitable after that audio came out where he apologized to Deshaun for the team wasting his time. You don’t go back from feeling that way; If he hadn’t been cut or traded, he would have sat

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1360239504376922126

Looking pretty official.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Did he film that in his rustic log cabin

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This is a pretty unique fandom hell that's probably only worsted by the franchise outright leaving the city. It's worse than your conventional "horrible ownership continues to stand behind horrible management" narrative because the details here are so much more salacious and embarrassing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah there is something really sad that your franchise is getting owned by a guy in a position I’m pretty sure only exists in kindergarten classes

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Did he film that in his rustic log cabin

Looks like a drat Logan's Roadhouse

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I continue to be impressed that McNair is somehow a worse owner than Haslam. Goddamn

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just think, one day he'll sell this team for multiple billions of dollars

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1360263959870324742

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m sure Deshaun will appreciate that. This goes nuclear if he takes a public shot at Cal. He hasn’t played that card yet.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah, let's focus on the failure of the Texans to do anything meaningful with the 3x DPOY and 5x All-Pro who nearly won MVP, a near-impossibility.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Jack is gonna try and convince McNair to move the team to some commune in Idaho.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Missouri has some crazy enough folks right? Like St. Louis? St. Louis Missourians after Houston voters flat reject a NRG Stadium improvements bond?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

LMFAO this is definitely something he makes the team recite as a chant isn’t it?

This is the new Texans fight song:

https://youtu.be/EfvpMPiaEiY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

dirty shrimp money posted:

Missouri has some crazy enough folks right? Like St. Louis? St. Louis Missourians after Houston voters flat reject a NRG Stadium improvements bond?

lmao, i forgot about the age of NRG and how they'll be hat in hand asking for tax money soon.

this has been just an amazing implosion driven by some bible something try hard.