Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hello to you too! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: SANADA vs. Kota Ibushi, NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima, 11/02

A quiet couple of shows get a great closer with a fantastic finishing sequence. Ibushi and SANADA are both great wrestlemans

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

A quiet couple of shows get a great closer with a fantastic finishing sequence. Ibushi and SANADA are both great wrestlemans

HM from me, though the ending was so good it almost put it over the top.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
11th February
NJPW New Beginning in Hiroshima Night 2
IWGP HW/IC Double Title
Kota Ibushi vs SANADA

Good in parts, excellent final couple minutes, some weird botches, still a good match. Could've done with a little heat to things though. And less Skull End, as always.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Joey Janela vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

HM: Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

Nth

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & KENTA vs. Jon Moxley & Lance Archer in a Lights Out match - AEW Dynamite 2/10

Absolutely incredible sprint of a match, pure chaos and just fantastic.

Nth

Wrestling is good.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima vs Momo Watanabe & Saya Iida, SEAdLINNNG Shibkiba Night, 10th February

I feel like 'four people beating the poo poo out of each other' is overplayed as a description for a match but that sums this match up. It was a preview match for Nanae vs Momo at the Budokan and if that gets close to this then its very good. Seeing Arisa Nakajima face the other two was great since that's a combination that's entirely new and probably not one we'll see again; and Iida was great in the match as well. Well worth going out of your way to see: just a very good, heated interpromotional match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xuB421hsME

Okay, here you go

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Darby Allin vs Joey Janela
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Leyla Hirsch
MOTYC: Kenny Omega & KENTA vs Jon Moxley & Lance Archer

All from AEW Dynamite 10.02. And also

HM: CHAOS (Ishii, Goto & Yoshi-Hashi) vs Bullet Club (Jay White, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs SANADA

From NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima 11.02.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Glad to hear the himbos delivered, gonna watch the two mains later today

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega & KENTA vs. Jon Moxley & Lance Archer in a Lights Out match - AEW Dynamite 2/10

Nth.

Also wanna HM
Leyla v Britt
Acclaimed v Inner Circle
from the same ep.

Excellent episode of Dynamite

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Positive Chain February 11th
MOTYC

Rika Tatsumi vs Miu Watanabe
Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh vs Neo Biishiki-gun (Saki-sama and Mei Saint-Michel AKA the loving FRENCH :argh:)

HM
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki and Yuka Sakazaki) vs Arisu Endo and Suzume
Mirai Maiumi vs Yuki Kamifuku
Bakuretsu Sisters(Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Hyper Misao and Shin Ultra Shoko

Real good card, TJPW is great

Going to nth it this way.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Senerio posted:

MOTYC: Pop Team Epic vs NEO Biishiki-gun, TJPW Positive chain 2/11
MOTYC: Kamiyu(c) vs Mirai Maiumi, TJPW positive Chain 2/11
MOTYC: Bakuretsu Sisters(c) vs Hyper Misao and Shin-Ultra Shoko HYPER ULTRA JUDGEMENT match TJPW Positive Chain 2/11
MOTYC: Rika Tatsumi(c) vs Miu TJPW Positive Chain 2/11

Jerusalem posted:

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Joey Janela vs. Darby Allin, AEW Dynamite, 2/10
HM: Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

Benne posted:

HM: SHO vs. Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW New Beginning Hiroshima 2/10

Rarity posted:

NTH

additionally, HM: The Acclaimed vs Jericho & MJF, AEW Dynamite, 2/10

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Looks like February 10th / February 11th is shaping up to be the best 48 hours of wrestling since January 4th / January 5th.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite, 10/02
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Leyla Hirsch, AEW Dynamite, 10/02
MOTYC: Kenny Omega/KENTA vs. Jon Moxley/Lance Archer, AEW Dynamite, 10/02

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Looks like February 10th / February 11th is shaping up to be the best 48 hours of wrestling since January 4th / January 5th.

From my own records, the stretch of 3rd, 4th & 5th Jan are hard to touch with 4 MOTYC in that time, but next closest is the 3 MOTYC from the 10th & 11th Jan. If you include HMs then there's 8 of those from the 3rd, 4th, 5th stretch, and 6 HM from 9th, 10th & 11th.

Meanwhile I've got 2 HMs & 1 WMOTYC from the 10th & 11th, although I still have to watch Tokyo Joshi Pro. & NOAH tomorrow will rule obviously, but doubt I'd have 3 MOTYC between those 2 shows & the AEW main event if I have time.

Not saying you're wrong, just that the 9th, 10th & 11th was a really good short period of wrestling that got underlooked.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 11, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

That's one of the nice things about wrestling as it exists at the moment. Every two or three weeks it feels like there is a solid cluster of really good shows all coming together.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Go Shiozaki will somehow pull a MOTYC out of Mutoh's corpse and I've got high hopes for Kenoh/Funaki, just got to hope Harada brings his A-Game or Akiyama can pull everyone else up to his level

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's all thanks to the coolest professional wrestler in the world Miyu Yamashita and the strongest professional wrestler in the world Miu Watanabe.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

(Stolen from Cerebral Bore’s post because I’m lazy)

HM: Thunder Rosa vs Leyla Hirsch
MOTYC: Kenny Omega & KENTA vs Jon Moxley & Lance Archer

All from AEW Dynamite 10.02. And also

HM: CHAOS (Ishii, Goto & Yoshi-Hashi) vs Bullet Club (Jay White, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa)
HM: Kota Ibushi vs SANADA

From NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima 11.02.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd January
Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story
ICE×∞ Title
Suzu Suzuki (c) vs Tsukasa Fujimoto

God this ruled. Somehow Fujimoto is twice as old as Suzuki who must be the best teenage wrestler in the world.

(For the record, the only matches I have rated higher than this from this year are Ibushi White, Takagi Tanahashi & Takagi Cobb, so really heavily recommending it.)

Holy poo poo, Nth. I checked this out and was nearly out of my seat yelling during it. It's got badasses and cool rear end moves (The one that announcers yell Infinity! every time it happens RULES HARD) and everything you'd want out of a joshi wrestling match.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HM: Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster v Primate & Eddie Dennis, NXT UK 11/02/21

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

WMOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL, NJPW New Beginning 2/11

Literally a complete waste of time

This still needs a few more votes so that everybody will know their shame

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yeah it was real bad. I already wasn’t interested in the Okada/EVIL feud and this match didn’t help!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Seams posted:

Yeah it was real bad. I already wasn’t interested in the Okada/EVIL feud and this match didn’t help!

Diesvil has been responsible for some of the worst feuds let alone his damage to the main event scene and it hasnt even been a year yet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Miyu Yamashita and Maki Itoh vs Neo Biishiki-gun (Saki-sama and Mei Saint-Michel AKA the loving FRENCH :argh:)

HM
Bakuretsu Sisters(Yuki Aino and Nodoka Tenma) vs Hyper Misao and Shin Ultra Shoko

Real good card, TJPW is great

This is about where I'm landing. Nth.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd January
Ice Ribbon #1095 Winter Story
ICE×∞ Title
Suzu Suzuki (c) vs Tsukasa Fujimoto

Tsukka rules, Suzu Suzuki is incredible at her age, just an extremely well worked match between two great talents. I didn't realise that nuts gifs of the wheelbarrow rollup was 25 minutes into the match while they were both exhausted, makes it even more impressive now. This probabably would have rocketed to the top of my MOTYC list, second only to Tana/Shingo, if not for

IceAgeComing posted:

MOTYC: Nanae Takahashi & Arisa Nakajima vs Momo Watanabe & Saya Iida, SEAdLINNNG Shibkiba Night, 10th February

I loving loved this, this is my platonic idea of a wrestling match. No idea who the Stardom girls were, but had high hopes considering Nanae is great and I think Arisa is the best women's wrestler around. Felt heated the whole way through, they brutalised poor Iida in the lead up to the hot tag and I didn't notice anyone out of place after tag broke down at the end. Can't say enough nice things about this, this is my favourite women's match so far this year and it'll take stiff competition (or a return of full crowds) to knock this one off.

e: Forgot to say it because I was just so excited about these matches, but these are both nths

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 12, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

One cool thing about the SEAd vs Stardom match I forgot to mention is how partisan the crowd was. There were people flat out refusing to clap for anything the Stardom girls did and then coming alive for all the SEAdLINNNG offence (there was a contingent of Stardom fans in the corner that Nanae called out at the end). Wish all the interpromotional warfare happening right now was coming at a time where those diehards could be vocal

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MOTYC

HM

The International Princess match was VERY close to MOTYC too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Sanada vs Ibushi
HM: Bullet Club vs CHAOS 6 man titles

New Beginning Feb 11 th

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks to AEW and New Japan currently being tied for 1st place in MOTYCs (and AEW's 6th MOTYC features a New Japan wrestler :ssh:), TJPW now sits a close second in the rankings, only one MOTYC behind the two promotions.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just watched the show and I will give Yuki Kamifuku vs Mirai Maiumi the one more MOTYC nod it deserves. Kamiyu has got to be the most improved wrestler with this International Princess run.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well in that case, we now have a three-way tie for the number one spot!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

That's what happens when those forbidden doors start opening.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Of course New Japan in these threads is like a DBZ character who keeps holding back until it's time to unleash their ultimate move, i.e. the G1.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

Of course New Japan in these threads is like a DBZ character who keeps holding back until it's time to unleash their ultimate move, i.e. an EVIL main event run

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Of course New Japan in these threads is like a DBZ character who keeps holding back until it's time to unleash their ultimate move, i.e. the G1.

Gedo: You think I need the WHOLE G1 to win? I have Ishii :c00l:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks to AEW and New Japan currently being tied for 1st place in MOTYCs (and AEW's 6th MOTYC features a New Japan wrestler :ssh:), TJPW now sits a close second in the rankings, only one MOTYC behind the two promotions.

RANKINGS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY. GOOD NIGHT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH Destination 2021 ~ Back To Budokan
GHC Junior Heavyweight Title
Daisuke Harada vs Seiki Yoshioka

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th February
Jun Akiyama & Naomichi Marufuji vs Kaito Kiyomiya & Yoshiki Inamura

MOTYC
12th February
GHC National Title
Kenoh vs Masakatsu Funaki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
12th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH Destination 2021
GHC Heavyweight Title
Go Shiozaki vs Keiji Mutoh

Maybe the worst match of the Go title reign & still extremely good, really on a par with the Saito match but a very different feel as Go worked from underneath a lot of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs Keiji Mutoh for the GHC Heavywejght Championship - NOAH Back to the Budokan 2021

Simply the best finishing stretch I've seen. gently caress yes