Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i heard from a bloke the queen got drunk on gin and bacardi breezers one night and went out and did a slash in that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

I want to live in the hell timeline where diana was alive between 1997 and 2017

Also what the gently caress does princess diana memorial flavour taste like?

Stale with a metallic tang.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ah yes Lady Do and her memorable catchphrase "Problem? :troll: "
boris-johnson-covid-strategy-[secret].nes

OwlFancier posted:

Same, I wonder what 2012 would have been like.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Would Brexit have happened if Diana was alive

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MikeCrotch posted:

This is a dogshit derail

As a distraction, what do people think of Snyder's Pretzel Pieces, the green jalapeno flavour are possibly my favourite crisp but I wonder how they stack up to Monster Munch in thread rankings

They're the best carb based snack but absolutely not a crisp

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
So my company's CEO was on QT yesterday.

https://twitter.com/ukiswitheu/status/1360005923515863040?s=20

Absolute oval office.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I'd forgotten all about her memorial concrete flume/storm drain.

For what it was designed to be its actually quite good. One of the better pieces of modern public art-architecture. The memorial park is also an absolute oasis if you have a small person and are in London.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

Prince Charles wins his mother's affections by outdoing his little brother with a world noncing record

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

Probably non-stop "PUKING PRINCESS PLEADS FOR BENEFIT SCROUNGERS", "DID DI DO IN DODI?, "DID DANGEROUS DI MURDER MADDIE?".

Just imagine the endless screech about she doesn't want foreign children to drown, or BETRAYED the royals, the second she did anything remotely not poo poo.

Dead, you can puppet her into saying anything you want - Di would love Brexit, Di would disapprove of Harry marrying a black woman Meghan Markle, Di wants to bring back hanging, etc, etc. There certainly wouldn't be a cult of personality on the same level.

There wouldn't be this weird, mawkish "Maiden of Virtue, Holy Mother" icon sentimental poo poo about her either.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 12, 2021

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i remember seeing a daily express front page that was about a "diana medium" who said she knew where maddie was

i think i gave up on this world, that day

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I've got some bits off this in a little jar. Local pride!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanford posted:

This will be an important rune to be used in the Summoning rituals

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Sanford posted:

what bit are they off?

also at the risk of opening old wounds, are them verchal reality helmets there any good? only i saw one in operation on an episode of Murder She Wrote once, on the television, and it didn't look that great, also got someone murdered

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 12, 2021

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

crispix posted:

i remember seeing a daily express front page that was about a "diana medium" who said she knew where maddie was

i think i gave up on this world, that day

"Hi I'm the ghost of Lady Di. I've had a chat with Mother Theresa, but Ghandi is pretty sure he has an idea of who it was."

Failed Imagineer posted:

This will be an important rune to be used in the Summoning rituals

The Lady Diana Brexit Tulpa! She comes!

crispix posted:

also at the risk of opening old wounds, are them verchal reality helmets there any good? only i saw one in operation on an episode of Murder She Wrote once, on the television, and it didn't look that great, also got someone murdered

My mate has one, they're alright, except, like the mythic sword, Tyrfing, someone has to die everytime it's used.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 12, 2021

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Aphex- posted:

Absolute oval office.

I voted brexit in case of a scenario where all the residential buildings across an entire continent just fell down one day

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

what bit are they off?

PS4 VR is pretty good if you've got the space for it, but ultimately it's only a novelty.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Depends how much money you want to invest in wanking, I reckon

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

kingturnip posted:

Basically, any UK-trained doctor working in the NHS is there because the taxpayer has paid for them to be there. Personally, I think that means they have an additional responsibility towards public health - and their contract will say something similar - so I take a dim view of those who decide that the rules don't apply to them. Would I shop someone I knew in to the GMC if they were breaching restrictions? It probably depends how much of a oval office they were being about it.

Just quoting this because it's insulting inaccurate. While doctors in training have a degree of study budget, thus is (1) required as part of your revalidation requirements and thus not exclusive to training and (2) is a pittance compared to the costs of the various courses you are required to attend. A particularly generous Deanery might give £600 per annum when your typical exam starts at £600 and the preparatory courses are at £600+ each. You don't typically get "trained" either beyond a degree of monkey see monkey do at work and then self-studying at home in between your shifts. A junior doctor also works and "training time" usually gets subsumed into more work because there just isn't the staff available to let you off.

What you have got right is that doctors do have a better deal than the rest of the NHS staff. It's hardly the overpaid fantasy with golf courses and Lamborghinis that it's stereotyped as but it's fair recompense for the amount of poo poo and responsibility that gets dumped on you. US millionaire doctors NHS juniors are not. A better description would be the doctors are paid fairly while everyone else is various degrees of being shat on.

Doctors do have a role in public health and maintaining "the confidence of the public in the profession" and it could be argued that if your were a doctor and knew a colleague was breaking lockdown, it is your duty to report them to the GMC. There's no such duty required of the public though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pesky Splinter posted:

There wouldn't be this weird, mawkish "Maiden of Virtue, Holy Mother" icon sentimental poo poo about her either.
They did a study where practicing Catholics experience mild analgesia from looking at pictures of the Virgin Mary (and presumably the inverse from looking at pictures of Ian Paisley) and I wonder if Express readers get similar from front pages about dead Diana that temporarily alleviates their eternal house price arthritis.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Depends how much money you want to invest in wanking, I reckon
About £130 billion so far I think.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

crispix posted:

Of course Diana knows where Maddie is, they're both loving dead

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

crispix posted:

what bit are they off?

The Quest 2 is amazing value for what you get, and a massive step up above PSVR, no regrets whatsoever. If you don't want to give Facebook money you can buy them second hand, then any USB 3 cable will let you use it on PC with SteamVR. You can also use it wirelessly if your router has the 5Ghz band, which is an absolute game changer and lets you spin around to your heart's content, but requires the paid Virtual Desktop app off the store, plus a half hour or so to patch it (it's pretty easy).

The VR thread is really active as well, if you need recommendations: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901021&pagenumber=515&perpage=40

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Guavanaut posted:

They did a study where practicing Catholics experience mild analgesia from looking at pictures of the Virgin Mary (and presumably the inverse from looking at pictures of Ian Paisley) and I wonder if Express readers get similar from front pages about dead Diana that temporarily alleviates their eternal house price arthritis.

Surrounding myself in Diana tat to lessen the chance of a rage-induced stroke at seeing LEFTIES AND REMOAINERS.

Borrovan posted:

Of course Diana knows where Maddie is, they're both loving dead

DID DIANA'S GHOST KILL MADDIE!?

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Jose posted:

They're the best carb based snack but absolutely not a crisp

I mean technically neither is monster munch.

Someone with the time and skills (so not me) needs to make a good/evil grid for crisp evaluation. I would suggest monster munch as chaotic good!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Now to save this in my work folder of papers to review - virgin_mary_mild_anal_Pain_2008.pdf

E: actually, lol at the title of the editorial which accompanies this paper https://journals.lww.com/pain/Citation/2008/10150/Something_about_Mary.2.aspx

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SpicePro posted:

Someone with the time and skills (so not me) needs to make a good/evil grid for crisp evaluation. I would suggest monster munch as chaotic good!

Chaotic neutral is a potato

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

SpicePro posted:

One axis is what they're made of (potato, other carbs, anything) and the other is shape maybe? Sliced approximate circle is traditional, semi-regular mouth sized snack shape is neutral, other is radical.

Monster munch are ingredient neutral, shape neutral.

Shepherd's pie is ingredient traditional, shape radical.

A £2 coin is ingredient radical, shape traditional.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oh good

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1360181880319078403?s=20

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
The Facebook VR headset sounds creepy as gently caress - it demands your accurate personal details, and they'll brick your device if you use false ones, and it also maps and remembers every room you use it in, including the contents of that room.

Maybe all headsets are like that, but that's way too invasive for my liking.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jesus gently caress, stuff like this incenses me. Which scientists are calling fir debate and how many scientists do they represent? It’s just like the small % of climate sceptical scientists who are just asking for debate or presenting an alternative view. It’s from the same playbook (originated by tobacco, if not before).

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Love to cultivate mutant, vaccine-resistant strains for the hell of it.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

It's all about the Honey Mustard flavoured ones. They make a great snack to share at a weekly RPG game. (RIP playing Pathfinder in person with my peeps. Playing it with them online with SourceForge is good, but I miss that part of it.)
You need to have a drink of water or something with them as they are too tough/salty to eat them without one.

They also suffer the problem that the name (Synder) brings to mind the problematic film director's fans.

Pretzel pieces cut to be twice as large as original pretzel pieces and only available in two flavours: "intense" and "tedious"?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Should the government’s Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Modelling be boiled alive in a big pot of piss?

I'm just widening the scope of the debate here, no need to get mad, we're all just running ideas up the flagpole and seeing whose pants are down.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Z the IVth posted:

Doctors do have a role in public health and maintaining "the confidence of the public in the profession" and it could be argued that if your were a doctor and knew a colleague was breaking lockdown, it is your duty to report them to the GMC. There's no such duty required of the public though.

i know i'm repeating myself here, but i do not wonder at all why we have staffing shortages if this is the reaction here, of all places. good loving god i'm glad i got out and i pray i do not need to go to the doctor much for the next three years.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

sebzilla posted:

One axis is what they're made of (potato, other carbs, anything) and the other is shape maybe? Sliced approximate circle is traditional, semi-regular mouth sized snack shape is neutral, other is radical.

Monster munch are ingredient neutral, shape neutral.

Shepherd's pie is ingredient traditional, shape radical.

A £2 coin is ingredient radical, shape traditional.
This would put salted bar snacks like peanuts & pork scratchings in the same category as, like, churches & traffic wardens :colbert:

e: wait no, "shape neutral". They'd be closer to dormice & gravel

Borrovan fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 12, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CoolCab posted:

i know i'm repeating myself here, but i do not wonder at all why we have staffing shortages if this is the reaction here, of all places. good loving god i'm glad i got out and i pray i do not need to go to the doctor much for the next three years.

You think that the number of doctors being grassed up by their mates is having a major impact on staffing numbers?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

CoolCab posted:

just make all doctors wear massive 2 m zorbs on the ward round to ensure social distancing

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Noooo don't do it you know he can't resist

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Entering our second year of the plague and the gov is still floating "would it be bad if we just gave up and let the house burn down?" as a potential solution

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
you know, if i recall the last time i had this particular sensation of working against the UKMT was, if my recollection serves me i think back in the people's vote days - i would say, "that's insane" and "that would cost us the election" , and "people would react in an extremely negative way to their vote being negated and we would the north for a generation", etc and i would get back "brexit is a racist endeavour", "people deserve a vote", "labour may lose the cities (lmao) if we don't support this" etc - things possibly trivially true but completely unrelated to my point.

it was impossible to argue about the instance that we were talking about because instead people listened to their social media bubbles and the press, got told that the second vote was possible, moral and desirable and that corbyn would survive it - in fact could never possibly survive not aiming square for his own foot. i think about that sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

Aphex- posted:

Absolute oval office.

I want to end homelessness. Unless they are in other countries, in which case gently caress em.