Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Why are they wizards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

God help me I actually giggled a little at the last panel.

quote:

Jesus Christ this is one of the most disingenuous rear end in a top hat examples I can ever remember from Ramirez, I hope his flesh melts off.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Jesus Christ this is one of the most disingenuous rear end in a top hat examples I can ever remember from Ramirez, I hope his flesh melts off.

Personally, after that one, I'm hoping he accidentally falls and lands feet first into a particularly dull wood chipper.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I can usually "get" what most of these cartoons are going for despite being wrong and/or evil, even the more crazy ones, but this on a whole different level. Democrats are crazy because they have a whole litter of MAGA mini-trumps? What?

rydiafan posted:

Why are they wizards?
They are good at spelling! :dadjoke:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Trapezium Dave posted:

I can usually "get" what most of these cartoons are going for despite being wrong and/or evil, even the more crazy ones, but this on a whole different level. Democrats are crazy because they have a whole litter of MAGA mini-trumps? What?

I think Lester wants me to think the Dems have gone "Impeachment crazy" but he completely whiffed the metaphor by casting the guy he's spent five years carrying water for as the cats

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Just an absolute huge amount of awful in this post, but the thing that I'm choosing to focus on is the fact that I'm pretty sure that in the event of the election being decided by the House, each state delegation gets a single vote, not each member. So if a state has three Democrats and four Republican members of congress, that state would cast one vote for Trump (barring defections). I seem to remember that crunching the numbers of the new congress showed that Trump probably would have been reelected if it had gone to the House.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moon Slayer posted:

Just an absolute huge amount of awful in this post, but the thing that I'm choosing to focus on is the fact that I'm pretty sure that in the event of the election being decided by the House, each state delegation gets a single vote, not each member. So if a state has three Democrats and four Republican members of congress, that state would cast one vote for Trump (barring defections). I seem to remember that crunching the numbers of the new congress showed that Trump probably would have been reelected if it had gone to the House.

This is all correct

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

rydiafan posted:

Why are they wizards?

Because journalism is wizardry.

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

Based on the knowledge I have through my mom's love of Seth Meyers, this one probably isn't wrong tbh.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/EgSophie/status/1347197585686224897

Garrison takes commissions from some very fine people. Mainly reposting this one because it's so drat weird

Knight007au
May 8, 2007
Can anyone explain that cartoon, I have no clue?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Knight007au posted:

Beattie requested it, thinking it made him look smart, based on the brain chair wojack meme that’s used to make fun of people who think they are smart. Basically an idiot paid another idiot to poo poo on his drawing tablet

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
When you commission someone to draw you as the smartest smarty who ever smarted, and also that JERK JONAH is a DUMBY DUMB only worthy to WASH MY FEET!

And then make it your profile image on twitter.

That's how you convince people you aren't a massive tool bag.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Edmund Lava posted:

I haven’t watch a late night show in decades and I can tell you for almost certain they were making non stop jokes about [President]

Is John Oliver a late night show? I've been following that one, and he's covered a lot of Trump stuff, with fewer and fewer jokes and more barely contained fury, which I thought was a very reasonable approach. The episode on the BLM riots was just him covering the history of the movement, how racist and rotten the police are, and yielding the floor to that one Kimberly Brooks clip.

Knight007au posted:

nazi have big brain, is smart

some guy nazi doesn't like is a beta soyboy, only good for washing big brain nazi feet

The only parable I know about washing feet is the one where Jesus does it as a show of humility and love for his fellow man, so it's definitely some sort of nazi metaphor for being weak and sad.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 12, 2021

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Garrison takes commissions from some very fine people. Mainly reposting this one because it's so drat weird

Cracking up at the badger on the scarf going "ha ha!"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Why does Heidegger have skiing poles? :psyduck:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Republicans posted:

Cracking up at the badger on the scarf going "ha ha!"

As I Wisconsin resident I feel the need to defend the badger's honor, and point out that that is a gopher or something based on the buck teeth.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Frostyhawk posted:

Based on the knowledge I have through my mom's love of Seth Meyers, this one probably isn't wrong tbh.
So many American comedians have spent the last five years with Trump basically doing their work for them. It must’ve been a rude shock coming back to a time when the president actually needs to be investigated to find funny or ironic things about them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Oh poo poo, that dude's got a math equation on his nameplate, he must be a super genius!

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Kelly award nomination for: gently caress you... Just gently caress you

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

rydiafan posted:

As I Wisconsin resident I feel the need to defend the badger's honor, and point out that that is a gopher or something based on the buck teeth.

Goucher is local to me - their mascot is indeed a gopher.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Why does Heidegger have skiing poles? :psyduck:

To help him keep his balance? He's a boozy beggar, you know.

Anyway, just tossing out a few more late 1945 Chicago Tribune cartoons that caught my eye:

Parrish might have been an rear end in a top hat, but he could actually write poetry!

(I like this one just for the maniacally grinning donkey with the money shovel.)

And here's one from the Trib's other regular cartoonist, Carey Orr, who was also a fairly talented rear end in a top hat.

And finally this from John T. McCutcheon, who had been a big name in cartooning in the early 20th century but was semi-retired at this point.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Those "bloodhounds" are just so happy to be here. Wonder how many levels of irony this is operating on.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MechaCrash posted:

The reason people are angry about is because Jewish and Muslim prisoners are given ham and cheese sandwiches, and told to just take the ham off.

Also Qanon shaman terrorist's "religious beliefs" are a Nazi thing.
e - Also seconding the sentiment of "no I don't want these white supremacist terrorists treated worse. I want everyone forced into the prison-industrial complex to be treated better."

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Feb 12, 2021

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lmao that even this chud is less of a shithead than modern chuds by portraying the american worker (world's finest) as just as important and respectable as the manager instead of simpering weaklings demanding handouts.

edit: also drat good art

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: It’s Not How Long It Takes, It’s How Big It Is

Ted Rall posted:

Progressives and centrist Democrats often seem to be speaking different languages. Currently centrists are defending Joe Biden by pointing out that fixing the mess left by Donald Trump will take time. But that’s not something progressives disagree with. They are complaint is that Biden isn’t ambitious enough.

First Dog on the Moon: Nick Kyrgios - Australia's sweetheart, and the people's prince

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 12, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

It's also an astoundingly bad caricature of AOC, even for Ramirez. I thought it was supposed to be a Kardashian

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Knight007au posted:

it's wanking

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon: Nick Kyrgios - Australia's sweetheart, and the people's prince

FDOTM really is the comic equivalent of the annoying yet well meaning uncle who just goes on and on and on until everything just blurs into a ever ending fartsound.

At least the art is better than Rall but that aint saying much

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

FDOTM really is the comic equivalent of the annoying yet well meaning uncle who just goes on and on and on until everything just blurs into a ever ending fartsound.

Also the title is a lie. There's no dog and certainly not a dog on the Moon, first or otherwise.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Is John Oliver a late night show? I've been following that one, and he's covered a lot of Trump stuff, with fewer and fewer jokes and more barely contained fury, which I thought was a very reasonable approach. The episode on the BLM riots was just him covering the history of the movement, how racist and rotten the police are, and yielding the floor to that one Kimberly Brooks clip.

Oliver has also said that it's absolutely soul draining to try and make jokes about all the poo poo that has happened.

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Re: Sinfest chat.

Was Tetsuya always a chud? When I read the comic, I was young and not very critical or politically aware, so it might just have passed over my head. I remember some stuff about the ***Matriarchy*** that left me a little confused, but I can see how that would be a red flag, looking back. Or maybe things just gradually changed during the following 15 years.

The Sinfest forum was one of the first online communities I joined, but it looks like it got purged years ago for some unspecified reason. It was probably a lot more left-wing than Tetsuya was comfortable with, looking at the comic now.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Aeble posted:

Was Tetsuya always a chud? When I read the comic, I was young and not very critical or politically aware, so it might just have passed over my head. I remember some stuff about the ***Matriarchy*** that left me a little confused, but I can see how that would be a red flag, looking back. Or maybe things just gradually changed during the following 15 years.

The Sinfest forum was one of the first online communities I joined, but it looks like it got purged years ago for some unspecified reason. It was probably a lot more left-wing than Tetsuya was comfortable with, looking at the comic now.

Originally, Tetsuya was the libertarian internet atheist type. The comic was very 00's internet, mocking religion and politics and racism (by being ironically racist). Wouldn't have called it a right-wing comic back then although that could just as well be my own inexperience talking, since I also read it as a kid, being myself an internet atheist.

At some point he got into radical feminism and started using the Matrix is a metaphor for suddenly seeing all the sexism in society, which I assume reflects how his own attitude changed given the comic was very cheesecakey to begin with. And from there he got into the SWERF material with the sexbots and all that, which led directly into the more modern TERF stuff, inevitably reaching its current state of being straight-up regressive.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Aeble posted:

"scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Alien Arcana posted:

Telegraph:

Also the tick marks are obviously meant to convey that he's been there a long time, but I think if you actually added them up it'd come out to maybe a year or two at most?
It sure was nice of him to mark all over the ceiling before he'd go drawing on their side of the cell. So considerate!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pretend I posted a gif of that deer running around with the severed head of another buck stuck in his antlers but with "workers" on his side or something.

Communism will eat the loser.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

At least the art is better than Rall but that aint saying much

It's just a .jpg of a blog post. I don't know why people think it belongs in this thread.

Bill Watterson had that guy's number in 1987:

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 12, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The crazy cat lady one would only make sense if the lady was the Republicans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Garrison sure does like drawing butts, doesn't he

e: Rall sure does like drawing himself owning some dumb broad lib, doesn't he