Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
drat, didn't mean to kill the chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
Regarding the more spoilery parts: Why didn't they just do what they did with Brian George and recast the part?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

Huh. Got a Jackbox email and there's apparently a "Live, Lash, Love" Valentine's Day edition of Quiplash 3 available in the featured content section of the game. I didn't know they put out special editions like that.

Yeah, we tried a few IIRC. They're good but I prefer our made up ones.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

We finished Season 3 of Downton Abbey last night, and I am pretty surprised at how willing that show is to kill off main characters. Also the last episode or two of each season is like 90 minutes, christ.

Love Downton Abbey and am planning on a 3rd rewatch. The reason why Matthew died out of nowhere is that the actor wanted off the show to do movies in America and only told the writers halfway through the season so they had to quickly figure something out.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
some excitement while I slept, someone took out both utility poles near me

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Love Downton Abbey and am planning on a 3rd rewatch. The reason why Matthew died out of nowhere is that the actor wanted off the show to do movies in America and only told the writers halfway through the season so they had to quickly figure something out.

Hahaha, that is pretty great. All things considered, they showed some restraint by not making him die of dysentery or something similarly awful. The whole season 3 finale is pretty telegraphed to the point you can guess 90% of the ending after the first ten minutes, but that scene more than any other was immediately like, "oh this dude's going to eat it".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

<Strolling up with my best mid 50's boston Irish accent>: "Well, there's your problem"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So the discourse since last night is that it looks like Lauren Boebert is the product of an incestuous relationship between a wrestler and his cousin

https://twitter.com/RandazzoTweets/status/1360113944547889156

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

D-LINK posted:

It's funny but it's Avarsala who gives me the uncomfortable, weird [figurative] boner.

Avasarala is a verified cougar

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Samadhi posted:

Avasarala is a verified cougar

:hmmyes:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

D-LINK posted:

It's funny but it's Avarsala who gives me the uncomfortable, weird [figurative] boner.

It's completely normal to be comfortable with the literal boner that Avarsala gives you. She's a beautiful old woman who dresses like royalty, curses like a jarhead, and has a voice that will strip your skin.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a dream where my parents got divorced because my Dad! had an affair with Lamar Jackson!

I need to go to bed earlier

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Amy Pole Her posted:

I saw that season of American Horror Story too!

RIP Kathy Bates

Someone actually did it. I seent it.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

GD_American posted:

It's completely normal to be comfortable with the literal boner that Avarsala gives you. She's a beautiful old woman who dresses like royalty, curses like a jarhead, and has a voice that will strip your skin.

lmao, I was correct in guessing the actress based on this description without any idea of what the Expanse is or who is on it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

lmao, I was correct in guessing the actress based on this description without any idea of what the Expanse is or who is on it.

yeah she was great in a much smaller role in the Punisher series too

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

So the discourse since last night is that it looks like Lauren Boebert is the product of an incestuous relationship between a wrestler and his cousin

https://twitter.com/RandazzoTweets/status/1360113944547889156

https://twitter.com/patrix_the/status/1360247564428214277

:laugh:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FizFashizzle posted:

Gun to your head: Bobby or Drummer

Who’s your ride or die

Drummer 10000% but I will freely admit Avasarala sparks feelings in me I didn't know I had

D-LINK posted:

It should be zero surprise, but Bobbie for me

Just imagining you whispering "hoorah" to her as both of you arm wrestle while doing squats 2gethR

ozymandius1024 posted:

Regarding the more spoilery parts: Why didn't they just do what they did with Brian George and recast the part?

I think they did it because he had a nice place to just end the character and leave behind any scene of awkwardness. The other guy had a prior commitment and played a small part. Though he was infinitely better than the dude who replaced him..

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 12, 2021

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I dunno if this will mean anything to you guys, but this evangelical christian apologist named Ravi Zacharias was huge when I was growing up in the church. He's probably the most famous modern christian apologist.

Turns out he was a sex creep who hired a staff of private masseuses and then forced them to do sexual stuff with him.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...gP0vBUybuFI4mbI

quote:

She said Zacharias “made her pray with him to thank God for the ‘opportunity’ they both received” and, as with other victims, “called her his ‘reward’ for living a life of service to God,” the report says. Zacharias warned the woman—a fellow believer—if she ever spoke out against him, she would be responsible for millions of souls lost when his reputation was damaged.

:stonk:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ehud posted:

I dunno if this will mean anything to you guys, but this evangelical christian apologist named Ravi Zacharias was huge when I was growing up in the church. He's probably the most famous modern christian apologist.

Turns out he was a sex creep who hired a staff of private masseuses and then forced them to do sexual stuff with him.

Just complete loving scumbags

I don't know why, but evangelists doing this stuff (manipulating power dynamics, using faith as a weapon) really really gets me.

ozymandius1024 fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 12, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ehud posted:

Generally I'm more surprised when mega evangelists don't turn out to be creepy sex pests.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm kind of surprised at the institutional reaction- his ministry commissioned the report from an outside firm, refused to comment until they posted findings, and now say they're going to wind everything down.

Complete anti-Penn State.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Four utility workers standing around a hole to confirm it's a hole

Standard practice

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tweets to the wrong person are probably my favorite genre of tweet.

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/1360245401933209602

Though I strongly sympathize with Mr. Gerry Sandusky.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

Tweets to the wrong person are probably my favorite genre of tweet.

https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/1360245401933209602

Though I strongly sympathize with Mr. Gerry Sandusky.

And Not Matt Gaetz.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1360259958764371970

swickles posted:

And Not Matt Gaetz.

And also the wrong Jon Jones

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

New Mario game has folks excited :)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/jackofspadesman/status/1218796493873799169?s=19

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

New Mario game has folks excited :)

My daughter’s been stoked for weeks, of all the game series to get super into, I’m hard pressed to object to Mario being her jam.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I don't think that makes them evolve any faster.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Ehud posted:

I don't know how you are surprised by this anymore. My capacity for surprise stopped when I found out 13 years ago that the youth pastor I had gone to church with was in prison for being a pedo. Fun times!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Watch report:

Space Sweepers, aka Victory
This is a Korean made sci-fi movie that looked like it was going to be really fun and cool. It is not. I tried watching it twice and fell asleep twice. I think it was just a little too goofy and cartoonish for my liking - think Guardians with the silliness cranked up to 11.

The Good Place
How in the hell did I never watch this show before? It is just awesome and clever and funny. If you've ignored this show for a long time like I did, I would highly recommend you get on it!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Good Place
How in the hell did I never watch this show before? It is just awesome and clever and funny. If you've ignored this show for a long time like I did, I would highly recommend you get on it!

It's fantastic, maintains it the whole way through and ends well.

A truly fantastic show.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Watch report:

Space Sweepers, aka Victory
This is a Korean made sci-fi movie that looked like it was going to be really fun and cool. It is not. I tried watching it twice and fell asleep twice. I think it was just a little too goofy and cartoonish for my liking - think Guardians with the silliness cranked up to 11.

I just watched this a couple of days ago, I think the biggest issue is that it is just too long. You cut out 30 minutes at least and I think it's got a decent story in it. I agree with comparison of GOTG but goofier in the wrong way.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

JPrime posted:

I don't know how you are surprised by this anymore. My capacity for surprise stopped when I found out 13 years ago that the youth pastor I had gone to church with was in prison for being a pedo. Fun times!

Oh, it's not surprising. It's just horrifying.

I think churches are a perfect breeding ground for this kind of thing. These dudes create environments where they are the supreme leader who demand the unquestioning support of everyone who works for them. They're essentially cults of personality.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Kalli posted:

It's fantastic, maintains it the whole way through and ends well.

A truly fantastic show.

As close to a perfect show as it could be, right down through the ending.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Watch report:

The Good Place

Holy forking shirtballs, it's a great show.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I haven’t seen season 4 yet

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Oh, it's not surprising. It's just horrifying.

I think churches are a perfect breeding ground for this kind of thing. These dudes create environments where they are the supreme leader who demand the unquestioning support of everyone who works for them. They're essentially cults of personality.

it's not just that, it's that they believe everyone else is a virtuous person like them and couldn't possibly be a creep.

my dad had a 16 year old girlfriend for a bit. he'd legit go over to her family's house, on his own, to hang with her and her brother because he was a virtuous man. they'd skate together on christian skate night at the local roller rink. my mom knew something was up and tried to talk to the elders of the church who told her she was crazy, he said he's doing nothing wrong and a wife's place is to be silent by her husband's side. she finally found him in the back of the family van with his hand up her shirt in the ymca parking lot, cause they'd work out together and that's what brought him down.

this isn't to dispute your point, but it's why churches are breeding grounds for this poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Find yourselves a lady like Mindy St. Claire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Here’s something to get worked up about on a Friday: the doctor that was fired for finding recipients for a vaccine that was going to go to waste, then charged with theft only to have the charges dismissed by the judge? The prosecutor is now taking it to a grand jury, despite the Texas Medical Association and the local medical society backing up his decision. This is “Texas’ most progressive DA”:

(Three guesses on whether or not the doctor is white)