Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

interesting. it probably wont matter but id love for the Gods/fate/whatever to smile and cause this stupid poo poo to gently caress trump.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1360293768931467265

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1360294831126425600

cotten is a dumb rear end so lol but turtle must be fuming.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wait, what, is he justifying jury tampering now? Nevermind, I see what the case is saying.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

The Calvary thing is loving infuriating and I really need someone to ask Schoen about that total bullshit.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Toobly posted:

the tweet they argued was from 2020
it's from 2021

https://twitter.com/JenLawrence21/status/1345769967493541898?s=20

They were arguing that the Dems created the tweet in photoshop and didn't take it directly from twitter - hence they made the mistake with writing the date stamp as 2020 instead of 2021. Now, the Dems had to do this because Trump was banned from twitter and they couldn't just screen grab the tweets anymore.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Edit: But none of this relates to outright lies.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rabble posted:

Ok I must have lost this dude's train of thought because I have no idea what he's arguing and how it relates to Trump.

I mean it's just farting into a microphone at this point.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rabble posted:

Ok I must have lost this dude's train of thought because I have no idea what he's arguing and how it relates to Trump.

basically free speech from public officials means you can do whatever.

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Thom12255 posted:

They were arguing that the Dems created the tweet in photoshop and didn't take it directly from twitter - hence they made the mistake with writing the date stamp as 2020 instead of 2021. Now, the Dems had to do this because Trump was banned from twitter and they couldn't just screen grab the tweets anymore.

Ah, thanks. I definitely thought they were arguing it was an old tweet (I was a little distracted during that)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Not surprisingly, looking up the cases he's citing shows they don't actually support the point he's trying to make.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Oh, ok, so you can just lie as a public official because it'll impact your political life.

Guess that means whoever runs in 2024 can just call Trump a Russian asset with zero consequence since it's a controversial political question?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Wanna get elected so I can get some of these enhanced rights this guy is talking about sounds like a p. sweet deal

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Uhh that's exactly what Trump did my dude.

Trump's speech fails all three of those tests you idiot.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Holy poo poo this Brandenburg slide was poorly thought out because you can go through the checklist and see how Trump literally ticks them all off.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So Trump's legal team is likely going to be sanctioned after this performance, right? I know that they're not under oath so there's no legal consequences and it's not extreme enough to be disbarred, but I'd think this much dishonesty, misrepresenting the law, and open incompetence in a case would get sanctioned.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
...Raskin didn't have a riot squad. HE DIDN'T CALL A loving RALLY.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh my loving actual god

Edit: I'm only following through you guys, please tell me he didn't cite Brandenburg in defense

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

This is like one of those signs at an amusement park except it says "You must be this dumb to be on the Trump defence team".

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

mdemone posted:

Oh my loving actual god

Edit: I'm only following through you guys, please tell me he didn't cite Brandenburg in defense
It's the damnedest goddamn thing.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
I don't know, this clip seems pretty damning and seems like a bad defense.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

how the gently caress is this supposed to be helpful.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is not a good clip to play. But I guess this guy doesn't even have to try because the outcome was never in doubt.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
So they're showing Trump failing the Brandenburg test?? lol wtf

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

You say my guy incited violence, so here he is saying they fight like a boxer, but they need to fight harder.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress am I watching

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Rabble posted:

So they're showing Trump failing the Brandenburg test?? lol wtf

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

So the defense is "yeah he did it and here's how"...?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Trump asked this guy to play his election videos and rallies so he can watch them on tv and feel good because it won’t impact the result in anyway :laffo:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

they loving didnt even use the full thing but used enough for it too look worse. also lol. rudy being Rudy, eat my rear end

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Rudy called for Trial by Combat...

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Here comes the Democrat sizzle reel again!

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
HERES THAT MUSIC AGAIN!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
loving, again?!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

New theory: since they know that republicans aren't going to convict, the defense team is flexing by proving the prosecutions case for them.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Press F to fight.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s the fight video again they literally have two videos for their entire defense I am dying

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
The music though...the music...

How...
Why...

What the gently caress

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I wonder if all his cases make such heavy use of repeated video clips.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

New theory: since they know that republicans aren't going to convict, the defense team is flexing by proving the prosecutions case for them.

Considering the path the GOP reps and electorate are going, this is honestly what would make the most sense at this point. They have no actual arguments, it's purely a propaganda party now, and by now I mean since 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rabble posted:

The music though...the music...

How...
Why...

What the gently caress

because it don't matter, none of this matters. its a loving jerk off show for trump and the base that is watching.