Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MarcusSA posted:

Non dad memes.

ok now I'm on board

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
I’d like to request some mee-maw memes. Some meme-maws.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Empty Sandwich posted:

which (to repeat what you're saying) has absolutely nothing to do with the slur. the root is the same as gnaw, if I remember correctly.

but probably don't use it, for obvious reasons

Modern high German for gnawing is to nagen, so by the law of "lol, vowels are interchangeable" I can imagine that is the root of that interesting word.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

RickRogers posted:

Modern high German for gnawing is to nagen, so by the law of "lol, vowels are interchangeable" I can imagine that is the root of that interesting word.

I was way wrong... it's from a Scandanavian root that means stingy.

to your point, A is, uh, not the same letter as E, but more importantly the word niggardly predates the slur by nearly 300 years

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Empty Sandwich posted:

I was way wrong... it's from a Scandanavian root that means stingy.

to your point, A is, uh, not the same letter as E, but more importantly the word niggardly predates the slur by nearly 300 years

Words are fun. What I mean is vowels get mixed up all the time. E is a in German and e is i and e is... a and I is kind of ee and don't get me started on o and u.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

RickRogers posted:

Words are fun. What I mean is vowels get mixed up all the time. E is a in German and e is i and e is... a and I is kind of ee and don't get me started on o and u.

you made a solid point, though... it's really unlikely that na sound would change into the ni.

I know these are pronounced entirely differently in German, but this site gives me pause:

https://www.schiesser.com/

in conclusion,

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Empty Sandwich posted:

you made a solid point, though... it's really unlikely that na sound would change into the ni.

I know these are pronounced entirely differently in German, but this site gives me pause:

https://www.schiesser.com/

in conclusion,

This got me to finally look up the etymology of soccer, and apparently it's shortened slang of association/Assoc., from college football associations. What a dumb origin lol

https://twitter.com/Nimabyss/status/1360276500696686596

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

If you can't upset youngsters with words then why isn't the muscle lady still on the muppet space man show?

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Na I’m just reposting the stuff my dad sends me everyday in an email.

I have no idea where he gets them but I’m sure he finds them all hilarious.

My dad has been sending me puns every day, so I've been sending him select memes from your posts. It's the circle of dads.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

If you can't upset youngsters with words then why isn't the muscle lady still on the muppet space man show?

As a millennial, I assume because of millennials.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

rodbeard posted:

I'm sad because I tried to reinstall fallout 3 but it doesn't even run on modern operating systems and requires a workaround for a DRM from the now defunct games for windows live.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

And if you think these steps are too onerous, you have zero business playing Fallout 3, because it makes no sense to play it without installing Wanderer's Edition and half a dozen other mods

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This got me to finally look up the etymology of soccer, and apparently it's shortened slang of association/Assoc., from college football associations. What a dumb origin lol

yeah... there was rugby football and Association football. rugby football was known as rugger and some Oxbridge toff (whose name is a matter of record, but I refuse to look it up) one day in the mid/late 19th c said he'd rather play soccer.

it's actually a British word; Americans just kept the outmoded slang alive.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

Na I’m just reposting the stuff my dad sends me everyday in an email.

I have no idea where he gets them but I’m sure he finds them all hilarious.

sounds like account sharing

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

It's just her new travel agent

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

PittTheElder posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

And if you think these steps are too onerous, you have zero business playing Fallout 3, because it makes no sense to play it without installing Wanderer's Edition and half a dozen other mods

Or just play New Vegas a, ya know, actually good game.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

thank you

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's a good one

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

why isn't the muscle lady still on the muppet space man show?

What do any of these words mean? Is this a code?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

Or just play New Vegas a, ya know, actually good game.

I'd really rather not. Sure the writing is better, and the voice cast is better, and the skill system makes more sense, and it has all the mechanical improvements that needed to be modded into F3, but the setting is trash. NV should be the better game, but the Mojave is boring as gently caress, and even though the Capitol Wasteland makes no sense at all, F3(WE) is a far more interesting game to actually explore. Give me the claustrophobia of the ruined downtown and the metro tunnels any day.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The muscle lady is gina carano, a former mma fighter and current actress who plays roles involving being a muscle lady

The Muppet space show is Disney's "The Mandalorian", it is set in the star wars universe and is available to stream on Disney+

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

titties posted:

The muscle lady is gina carano, a former mma fighter and current actress who plays roles involving being a muscle lady

The Muppet space show is Disney's "The Mandalorian", it is set in the star wars universe and is available to stream on Disney+

*google* *google*

Whoa. Well, she can absolutely gently caress right off...

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

And she got fired for saying that white, middle class, conservative Americans are the truly oppressed minority, just like the Jews of Nazi Germany

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PittTheElder posted:

And she got fired for saying that white, middle class, conservative Americans are the truly oppressed minority, just like the Jews of Nazi Germany

After she was warned to tone it down.

Now she's on the wing nut welfare train

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Bloop posted:

After she was warned to tone it down.

Now she's on the wing nut welfare train

Yeah I see she just signed up to do movies with Ben Shapiro's production company, alongside Kevin Sorbo and Chachi.

They're going to sell literally tens of tickets.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Did they put Mordecai and Rigby in the same grave?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

azurite posted:

Did they put Mordecai and Rigby in the same grave?

Of course.

If you wouldn't do the same for your bro you don't actually have a bro.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

PittTheElder posted:

I'd really rather not. Sure the writing is better, and the voice cast is better, and the skill system makes more sense, and it has all the mechanical improvements that needed to be modded into F3, but the setting is trash. NV should be the better game, but the Mojave is boring as gently caress, and even though the Capitol Wasteland makes no sense at all, F3(WE) is a far more interesting game to actually explore. Give me the claustrophobia of the ruined downtown and the metro tunnels any day.

Tale of Two Wastelands might work for you. Lets you explore both the Mojave and the Capitol Wasteland in New Vegas.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Well they ain't called longs :colbert:

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mojave rhymes with "no rave".