Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Is it deported or kidnapped I'm not sure which applies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Haha sick smipe

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

the fact is that whatever tendency you identify as you're likely just a middle class shitposter online who has nothing to do with the liberation of the proletariat anyway, so you get mad at settlers or horseshoes or crypto liberals or whatever you feel like is the fake left

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Buck Wildman posted:

and the NAP. makes ya think

god the NAP is such absolute horseshit

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

“You’re breaking the NAP”

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarcho_Capitalism/comments/3ucp8y/i_was_beat_up_by_left_anarchists_in_greece/

classic

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Dreddout posted:

I know his meaning and it's still serves as a way for other members of the global north to extradite themselves from America, to pretend as if their country isn't subservient to the US

Bro or sis let me tell you, death to america.
I have no pretensions about US influence in my country, we are indeed bitchmade.

This is it folks, leftist infighting.
Nah I get your point but seems like my point came across. But In a wider perspective I get your point and it makes sense.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

indigi posted:

they’re anarchish, which I think is a very reasonable way of doing things. compromise among the left (not socdems) is good

i would argue that certain practices in an indigenous self-determination movement being similar to certain practices found in anarchist theory doesn't give western anarchists the right to say "these guys are with us"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ok?

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

the fact is that whatever tendency you identify as you're likely just a middle class shitposter online who has nothing to do with the liberation of the proletariat anyway, so you get mad at settlers or horseshoes or crypto liberals or whatever you feel like is the fake left

Let me throw this out there. I'm minimum wage working poor, not everyone posting here failed upwords into a cushy tech job. So like I don't just want communism, I need communism or this poo poo will likely kill me real early anyway. Anarchist solutions are an Actual Joke because there is barely even an attempt to mass mobilize labor to accomplish political goals, literally the only political action worth doing at all.

I have a real distaste for american "anarchists" on the organizing front because you have to be really loving privileged in terms of skills, personality, or access to resources to actually meaningfully utilize the kind of spaces anarchists actually foster. living off a meager charity just rots your brain, so just loving whatever when it comes to the marginal "mutual aid" floating around out there. there is little real class consciousness developed from it, it's not like you can actually put any trust into the institutional character of any particular anarchist project (because none of them have any actual loving power or resources anyway), just a kind of slow marginalized rot from either direction. like it turns out "existing outside capitalism" isn't actually a loving boon but a cruse unless you are uniquely adapted to take advantage of it anyway. Wage labor is still significantly safer and more self actualizing then failing to be a culture fit for a bunch of boisterous insular politics nerds. If you are dependent on what passes for mutual aid you are as hosed as anyone else in a position to rely on charity, being fed by an aid org does not loving empower you because you are just waiting to die slower. big fuckin whoop. If you don't end up with the bosses keys it doesn't matter much in the end.

Seizing actual political power is the only goddamned thing I care about, and it's drat near the one thing on the ground american anarchists oppose because they are brainwashed by anti-communist propaganda. I'm utterly dependent on commodity access, and that means I have to sell my labor. The social controls enacted by the state that anarchists are always whining about are either culture war bullshit that every person has to skirt around (and likely always will) or they fall entirely under the preview of labor relations and access to resources. The endless whining about whatever the gently caress a "state" is in particular has very little actual impact compared to oh I dunno, all those previous material and social conditions already so clearly established. I care about my relation to these things insofar as they related to political action in my class interest. Anarchism may have plenty of intellectual or self actualizing value to a lot of people but the way it's practiced in the US does not meaningfully contribute to seizing power from capital and then, get this, wielding that power on behalf of the working class. It's just taking a bunch of liberalized subjects and letting them pat each other on the back about how moral they are. I want my loving check, I want my apartment, I want my healthcare. M-L's have a pretty solid track record of providing those things and anarchists are batting a big loving zero on that front. There is a urgency of action required to confront capital that dwarfs the concerns of revolutionary sate overreach or whatever because the alternative is a loving climate apocalypse anyway, the status quo is untenable. The boot is already stomping on my face at an accelerating pace, you cannot possibly get me to give a poo poo about warnings that it might turn around and happen again.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

GoLambo posted:

Anarchism may have plenty of intellectual or self actualizing value to a lot of people but the way it's practiced in the US does not meaningfully contribute to seizing power from capital and then, get this, wielding that power on behalf of the working class.

The problem here is Americans, not Anarchism, op

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Yossarian-22 posted:

who is this about?

Ignorant Hick
Mar 26, 2010

jarofpiss posted:

who is this about?

Themself

e: themselves?

poo poo

Ignorant Hick has issued a correction as of 14:43 on Feb 12, 2021

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

GoLambo posted:

It's just taking a bunch of liberalized subjects and letting them pat each other on the back about how moral they are

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

GoLambo posted:

There is a urgency of action required to confront capital that dwarfs the concerns of revolutionary sate overreach

I’m more and more coming around to this way of thinking. reading about the anarchists in Catalonia only sending one truck full of soldiers to the front at a time and only when people finally felt like loading into the truck was super depressing. you can’t beat a fascist state like that

unfortunately, American MLs are not any better than American anarchists in terms of organizing and building a movement, and are arguably worse at it since that’s their whole agenda, so it’s like, gently caress

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

GoLambo posted:

Let me throw this out there. I'm minimum wage working poor, not everyone posting here failed upwords into a cushy tech job. So like I don't just want communism, I need communism or this poo poo will likely kill me real early anyway. Anarchist solutions are an Actual Joke because there is barely even an attempt to mass mobilize labor to accomplish political goals, literally the only political action worth doing at all.

I have a real distaste for american "anarchists" on the organizing front because you have to be really loving privileged in terms of skills, personality, or access to resources to actually meaningfully utilize the kind of spaces anarchists actually foster. living off a meager charity just rots your brain, so just loving whatever when it comes to the marginal "mutual aid" floating around out there. there is little real class consciousness developed from it, it's not like you can actually put any trust into the institutional character of any particular anarchist project (because none of them have any actual loving power or resources anyway), just a kind of slow marginalized rot from either direction. like it turns out "existing outside capitalism" isn't actually a loving boon but a cruse unless you are uniquely adapted to take advantage of it anyway. Wage labor is still significantly safer and more self actualizing then failing to be a culture fit for a bunch of boisterous insular politics nerds. If you are dependent on what passes for mutual aid you are as hosed as anyone else in a position to rely on charity, being fed by an aid org does not loving empower you because you are just waiting to die slower. big fuckin whoop. If you don't end up with the bosses keys it doesn't matter much in the end.

Seizing actual political power is the only goddamned thing I care about, and it's drat near the one thing on the ground american anarchists oppose because they are brainwashed by anti-communist propaganda. I'm utterly dependent on commodity access, and that means I have to sell my labor. The social controls enacted by the state that anarchists are always whining about are either culture war bullshit that every person has to skirt around (and likely always will) or they fall entirely under the preview of labor relations and access to resources. The endless whining about whatever the gently caress a "state" is in particular has very little actual impact compared to oh I dunno, all those previous material and social conditions already so clearly established. I care about my relation to these things insofar as they related to political action in my class interest. Anarchism may have plenty of intellectual or self actualizing value to a lot of people but the way it's practiced in the US does not meaningfully contribute to seizing power from capital and then, get this, wielding that power on behalf of the working class. It's just taking a bunch of liberalized subjects and letting them pat each other on the back about how moral they are. I want my loving check, I want my apartment, I want my healthcare. M-L's have a pretty solid track record of providing those things and anarchists are batting a big loving zero on that front. There is a urgency of action required to confront capital that dwarfs the concerns of revolutionary sate overreach or whatever because the alternative is a loving climate apocalypse anyway, the status quo is untenable. The boot is already stomping on my face at an accelerating pace, you cannot possibly get me to give a poo poo about warnings that it might turn around and happen again.

i agree with all of this although i don't know if m-ls are tremendous advocates of the working class any more than the modern day iww

anarchism verges on middle class liberalism. i was just making a somewhat nihilistic post because i don't feel like the future of the working class hinges on the "left," on "organizers," or on any grouping of people with pretensions of being the true representatives of the working class

anyway power to you, i wasn't trying to pigeonhole everyone itt

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Orange Devil posted:

this is true insofar as anarchism itself is basically an american affectation

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

im ok on history that cant really be known because of the victors who wrote it

Noted Historian I.M Victor, Esq strikes again, denying us the real story.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

i don't feel like the future of the working class hinges on the "left," on "organizers," or on any grouping of people with pretensions of being the true representatives of the working class

so that just leaves capital

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yossarian-22 posted:

While this is true for many there are a couple French Algerians and others kicking around in here occasionally who I would definitely not call crypto liberals irl since I don't want to get stabbed.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah there is no possibility of a legitimate revolutionary movement in the US until the empire actually collapses in real terms so w/e argue about your favorite t-shirt color

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Ferrinus posted:

this is true insofar as anarchism itself is basically an american affectation

Lol wut?

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
US anarchists don't even do propaganda of the deed anymore it sucks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Oldest Man posted:

While this is true for many there are a couple French Algerians and others kicking around in here occasionally who I would definitely not call crypto liberals irl since I don't want to get stabbed.

little bitches with terrible meme skills imo

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

Yeah there is no possibility of a legitimate revolutionary movement in the US until the empire actually collapses in real terms

plenty of French people thought this in 1788, plenty of Russians thought this in 1916. no one can anticipate inevitable waves of change

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol c’mon man

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

GoLambo posted:

M-L's have a pretty solid track record of providing those things and anarchists are batting a big loving zero on that front.

[citation needed]

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Kaedric posted:

[citation needed]

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Was more referring to america, specifically. Since the guy has a huge chip on his shoulder about anarchists making sure people survive instead of leaving them to die (???) if it doesn't result in capitalism imploding, I assume some evidence of MLs doing ...well anything? would be forthcoming

There's a reason the armchair leftist theory-reader is a meme

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

this thread has basically been 10 straight days of two babies jangling sets of keys at each other and I want you to know I'm here for it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kaedric posted:

Was more referring to america, specifically. Since the guy has a huge chip on his shoulder about anarchists making sure people survive instead of leaving them to die (???) if it doesn't result in capitalism imploding, I assume some evidence of MLs doing ...well anything? would be forthcoming

do you truly think there are no ML orgs in America who do mutual aid stuff

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

indigi posted:

plenty of French people thought this in 1788, plenty of Russians thought this in 1916. no one can anticipate inevitable waves of change

Call me when we're having famines

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

indigi posted:

do you truly think there are no ML orgs in America who do mutual aid stuff

The original statement was that MLs GET poo poo DONE and my impression is that is not the case in america

Raqqa Flocka Flame posted:

Was radicalized to anarchism by friends as a teen during the Iraq War. Spent my 20s doing the homeless crust-punk thing, found anarchists in nearly every metro in American city doing something (couldn't say the same for communist orgs at the time, but if that's changed in the past decade let me know), and while that something always fell well short of the task of revolution, criticizing any revolutionary group on those grounds in the US is like criticizing an infant for failing to be an adult. I poured many years and a lot of emotional energy into those anarchist projects, even did time, some of it was worth it, most wasn't. I'm pretty ready to join a vanguard party at this point, but most of them seem even smaller and more insular than the anarchist milieu I've been floating around for all my adult life. Someone please DM me when a communist group breaks 100k membership here, I'm not picky, thanks.

P much this

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Kaedric posted:

most immediate example there is the black panthers but as indigi says if your bar is just mutual aid i think the entire left is doing that nowadays

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kaedric posted:

The original statement was that MLs GET poo poo DONE and my impression is that is not the case in america

P much this

#MLBoss

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

skewetoo posted:

Haha sick smipe

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

The Oldest Man posted:

Yeah there is no possibility of a legitimate revolutionary movement in the US until the empire actually collapses in real terms so w/e argue about your favorite t-shirt color

The Bolsheviks and basically every other group were doing decades of preparatory work before 1917 broke things wide open, so it doesn't really make any sense to make takes like this.

Rimusutera has issued a correction as of 22:59 on Feb 12, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Kaedric posted:

we get posting done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Rimusutera posted:

The Bolsheviks and basically every other group were doing decades of preparatory work before 1917 broke things wide open, so it doesn't really make any sense to make takes like this.

no group in america screams "ready for complete collapse" to me and it's also possible that the working class party which will seize power simply hasn't been established

lenin/mao also established political programs that made sense for early 20th century russia and china. i'm guessing that things will be different in a fully industrialized society