Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I understood he was hoping to open up in time for the Cheltenham Festival 16th-19th March, rerun of last year's superspreader event.

63 is a highly cototient number.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Sad Panda posted:

To be fair that's not news. Boris announced a while ago that he'd be talking about the path out of lockdown in the week of Feb 22nd. This just repeats that. Schools being aimed at March 8th suggests that's the earliest anything will change. That's still too early of course.

And that's reason for me not to be despairing how?

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1360262895838367745

Don't know what you're complaining about, Keir is still miles ahead of 'Dunno' in the polls

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

Just imagine how the polls are gonna look when the Tories manage to turn the corner on the pandemic despite themselves

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Random Integer posted:

Don't know what you're complaining about, Keir is still miles ahead of 'Dunno' in the polls

Surely this poll would look drastically different if "I do know; it's definitely neither of these fuckers" was allowed as an option?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
With the fairly competent vaccine rollout and the EU gently caress ups allowing them to spin it as a Brexit success I'm honestly surprised the Tory lead isn't bigger.

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

Random Integer posted:

Just imagine how the polls are gonna look when the Tories manage to turn the corner on the pandemic despite themselves

"ah but say what you want about the tories, they got us out of that pandemic"
"he handled it really well under the circumstances. And he had it, don't forget"
"everyone got vaccinated in the end, so they did good"
"as a lifelong Labour voter I've decided to vote Conservative for the first time after the covid crisis"

etc.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

justcola posted:

"ah but say what you want about the tories, they got us out of that pandemic"
"he handled it really well under the circumstances. And he had it, don't forget"
"everyone got vaccinated in the end, so they did good"
"as a lifelong Labour voter I've decided to vote Conservative for the first time after the covid crisis"

etc.

Labour won't win anyone back under Starmer or possibly ever again but with one of the worst death tolls, blatant corruption and a pisspoor recovery plan the left can hope to make a dent in those ideas.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1360268197451202564

So much for Keith's raw sexual magnetism.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Dakha posted:

It doesn’t seem an outright unreasonable question to me. Once the vulnerable people are protected from covid isn’t it time to reassess whether the impact of lockdown (mental health, economic, education, etc) outweigh the impact of covid on the less vulnerable people?

Am I missing something?

Can only speak for myself here, but at least for me a large part of the mental strain of lockdown is not the lockdown itself. I know it's for a good reason and I will happily sign up for more if it means saving lives. The stress comes from knowing that all of that collective sacrifice is going to be squandered by this government. They already wasted the first lockdown in the name of making number go up, 100k are dead and they show no sign of breaking the cycle, or even being challenged to do so by current Labour leadership. So no, I'm not going to feel any better if the rules are relaxed and I can exercise properly again, when I know that the process of doing so is going to kill even more in another wave. I'm not going to recover mentally until the pandemic is under control, lockdown or no lockdown.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Scikar posted:

Can only speak for myself here, but at least for me a large part of the mental strain of lockdown is not the lockdown itself. I know it's for a good reason and I will happily sign up for more if it means saving lives. The stress comes from knowing that all of that collective sacrifice is going to be squandered by this government. They already wasted the first lockdown in the name of making number go up, 100k are dead and they show no sign of breaking the cycle, or even being challenged to do so by current Labour leadership. So no, I'm not going to feel any better if the rules are relaxed and I can exercise properly again, when I know that the process of doing so is going to kill even more in another wave. I'm not going to recover mentally until the pandemic is under control, lockdown or no lockdown.

Empty loving quote

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

To inject a little brevity:

https://twitter.com/sophxthompson/status/1360241781426823172?s=20

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it's what he would have wanted i'm sure

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
loving for virginity isn't that bad a strategy, come to think of it. Depending on a few circumstances it's quite effective in producing new virgins, who should hopefully remain so for quite some time provided they're kept away from 1970s tv presenters

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Toke for the NHS at 8 tonight!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

loving for virginity isn't that bad a strategy, come to think of it. Depending on a few circumstances it's quite effective in producing new virgins, who should hopefully remain so for quite some time provided they're kept away from 1970s tv presenters
Same goes with bombing for peace, it sometimes works quite well as long as it's not the state doing it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nel saaaaaaaaaawn maaaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaaaaaaylaaaaaaaaaa :sax:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The new Adam Curtis is very good, he goes full bore at British racism.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Fudge Update!

Hey guys!

It's friday, that means it's Fudge Restock day!

In addition to supplies of Milk and Dark chocolate, we now have new supplies of Vanilla (which is frankly the best fudge I've ever made to date) and the much requested (and renamed) 'Publicly Toblerowned'. We also have two additional flavours- Irish Cream, now made with genuine Baileys, and our brand new vegan flavour, Vegan Cookies- Mini oreos surrounded by our special fully vegan fudge, for a completely cruelty free treat.

All stock is available for sale at https://www.fudjit.co.uk ; use the special top sekrit goon code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get five for the price of four! :)

And as always, thank you all for your support!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Camrath posted:

Fudge Update!

Hey guys!

In addition to supplies of Milk and Dark chocolate, we now have new supplies of Vanilla (which is frankly the best fudge I've ever made to date) and the much requested (and renamed) 'Publicly Toblerowned'. We also have two additional flavours- Irish Cream, now made with genuine Baileys, and our brand new vegan flavour, Vegan Cookies- Mini oreos surrounded by our special fully vegan fudge, for a completely cruelty free treat.

All stock is available for sale at https://www.fudjit.co.uk ; use the special top sekrit goon code 'Roastbeefisbest' to get five for the price of four! :)

I can confirm that the vanilla and salted pretzels fudges are very, very good. And I have impeccable taste.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

therattle posted:

I can confirm that the vanilla and salted pretzels fudges are very, very good.

This batch is even better. I mean, I'm proud of all my product but this is the first time it's come out absolutely perfect. But thank you very much! :)

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Camrath posted:

Fudge Update!

How much is in a portion? Can't see that it says anywhere on there how much you get for £3.50.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

WhatEvil posted:

How much is in a portion? Can't see that it says anywhere on there how much you get for £3.50.

It’s not a huge amount but it’s very rich and intense, so one doesn’t need a lot at a time, and it really is very good. I’ve always been quality over quantity but YMMV

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

WhatEvil posted:

100 grams nominally- normally 110-15g in practice.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im buying all your loving toblerone

e: still lol at the address finder

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 12, 2021

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Hi camrath, probably shouldn't be using this thread as customer service, but I ordered mine on the 5th of Feb, but I have not had any delicious fudge crammed through my letterbox yet. Do you know how long it takes to assume the delivery company have let me down?

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Random Integer posted:

To a LOTO
On opening up UKMT and seeing a Twitter post
February, 2021

Sir useless, cowardly, tim'rous Kiethie,
O, what has happened tae the partie?
That joins the gov'ment in the lobbie,
For murderous polis!
Who would be laithe to rape and kill THEE,
O' establishment office!

I'm truly sorry your election,
Has caused the loss of all direction,
An' motivates that poll's opinion,
That makes SPADs ponder,
If already you've outlived your function,
An' need cast asunder!

Thy wee-bit poll lead, now, in ruin!
An' discontent is all a-brewin!
Even papers start to put the boot in,
And forget they said,
That any leader 'cept for Corbyn,
Would be twenty points ahead!

[EDIT:

Camrath posted:

Fudge Update!

Hey guys!

How long does it usually take between ordering and delivery? I want to order some but will be moving in three weeks and don't want to get it sent it to the wrong address!]

Niric fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 12, 2021

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Camrath posted:

for a completely cruelty free treat

how do I add additional cruelty to the fudge

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Niric posted:

To a LOTO
On opening up UKMT and seeing a Twitter post
February, 2021

Epic Burns. :golfclap:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

kecske posted:

Pick the toblerone one and add an orange?

Mechanical mandible
Aug 4, 2007

kecske posted:

You can’t add cruelty while making the fudge, it ends up curdling the ingredients too fast.

Therefore each fudge packet comes with a separate, salt-&-shake like sachet, filled with distilled esa assessor malice, so you can add overpowering amounts of cruelty to taste :v:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Camrath posted:

Fudge Update!

Hey guys!

Oh, dang. I was looking forward to the Irish cream, but I'd got used to monthly restocks. Not sure my household's diets can handle another fudge shipment this soon. Ah, well, maybe another time.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

The Perfect Element posted:

Hi camrath, probably shouldn't be using this thread as customer service, but I ordered mine on the 5th of Feb, but I have not had any delicious fudge crammed through my letterbox yet. Do you know how long it takes to assume the delivery company have let me down?

Hi there. Everything was posted on Monday, Royal Mail first class. I’d say give it another few days- sometimes orders seem to randomly get held up I’m afraid. (Jermoudcorbynejad had one held up for literal weeks, despite only living two miles from my old place; would have literally been quicker to use a courier snail!)

Niric posted:

How long does it usually take between ordering and delivery? I want to order some but will be moving in three weeks and don't want to get it sent it to the wrong address!]

I ship every Monday using RM first class. Some people have received their goods less than 24 hours after posting; normally you’re looking at it arriving on the Tuesday or Wednesday.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, I'm still waiting on my fudge, but poo poo happens, I can wait.

May have to put in another order to snaffle all the Irish Cream though.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I am sad about the lack of EU fudge, but totally understand. I'll just have to order some next time I'm allowed to visit the office in the UK, even if I have to scoff it all before I go home!

Regarding lockdowns, the government seems to have sold the idea (if only to the media, which is the extent of any "national conversation") that lockdowns are a rolling solution until the magic vaccine arrives, rather than a thing you should do once at the beginning while you sort out an actual response. It would be nice if that was challenged sometimes (lol).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Don't you just hate it when a leftwing page on FB you have been following and 'liking' their posts for ages posts a tweet that's incorrect (not a tweet by them but by someone else), so you post a link to the correct thing in the comments, they post a rude comment back to you, delete your comment and then stop you from following their page? And now the incorrect item is being shared around the place easy for any tory to pick holes in.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

im buying all your loving toblerone

e: still lol at the address finder

*adds "Address begins with 2" to the extensive doxing files I keep on all posters ITT

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Scikar posted:

Yea this government has made it incredibly loving explicit that we are all sacrificing our limited time on this earth enduring pointless suffering so that they may squander any benefit provided by it

Camrath posted:

Fudge Update!

Hey guys!

In addition to supplies of Milk and Dark chocolate, we now have new supplies of Vanilla (which is frankly the best fudge I've ever made to date) and the much requested (and renamed) 'Publicly Toblerowned'.
Sorry to contradict but this is wrong, the dark chocolate is by far the superior fudge

TACD fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 12, 2021

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

*adds "Address begins with 2" to the extensive doxing files I keep on all posters ITT

it's not mine :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1360309462796500995

Greens on 7% is much more alarming for Labour than the Lib Dems on 9%.

pasokification speed run baby!

PawParole fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 12, 2021