Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

looks like travis is experimenting with twitch streaming: https://twitch.tv/thetravismcelroy

currently playing subnautica and combatting technical problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pennsylvanian posted:

They're getting really comfy with the idea that they're all great fiction writers after they made a bunch of teenagers cry five years ago, but none of them has ever really worked in a cooperative writing atmosphere.
Only if you ignore that Justin and Griffin were on Joystiq, Vox, and Polygon's writing staffs for a stretch of about 15 years each.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pennsylvanian posted:

They're getting really comfy with the idea that they're all great fiction writers after they made a bunch of teenagers cry five years ago, but none of them has ever really worked in a cooperative writing atmosphere.

also pretend I posted all of the TAZ graphic novels covers (though they've said Clint's the primary writer on those)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

haha what posted:

looks like travis is experimenting with twitch streaming: https://twitch.tv/thetravismcelroy

currently playing subnautica and combatting technical problems

Neat, I've just started Subnautica too and man, that game Goes Places pretty quickly in a way I didn't expect.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

sticklefifer posted:

Only if you ignore that Justin and Griffin were on Joystiq, Vox, and Polygon's writing staffs for a stretch of about 15 years each.

Griffin has also written for at least one of the Star Wars anthologies

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

kidcoelacanth posted:

it's me, random internet person, here to tell you how three public figures actually feel

They... they want me to talk about Munch Squad I think?

*shifts in seat in a way that you know I'm totally farting but I will never admit to it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

*shifts in seat in a way that you know I'm totally farting but I will never admit to it.

It's ok you don't have to defend these brothers, they're not going to call you up and invite you to their house to guest on the show, people are allowed to give opinions in the thread about opinions on the three brothers

maybe you need to take a break

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

How much fiction were they writing for any of those places?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Depending on who you ask, it's all fiction, wakka wakka

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Did Clint write on this or was it just Justin, Travis, and Griffin?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

inferis posted:

How much fiction were they writing for any of those places?
well griffin once claimed hotline miami 2 was good

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TL posted:

Did Clint write on this or was it just Justin, Travis, and Griffin?

All four of them I think. Clint also did an arc of the recent short lived Marvel Team-Up book solo.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Pennsylvanian posted:

I finally started listening to The Besties recently, and I think you're right. Hell, they should just start up another podcast for the three of them. Who says it has to be MBMBAM forever?

This would also be really welcome for Adventure Zone. They're getting really comfy with the idea that they're all great fiction writers after they made a bunch of teenagers cry five years ago, but none of them has ever really worked in a cooperative writing atmosphere. I'd like to see them reminded that none of them are really fiction writers, but each of them (including Clint) are one-in-a-million entertainers. I mean the best thing TAZ has done in the last two years is Tiny Heist.

As has been noted, Clint has a decades long career as a published writer, and all the others have had their fiction published in addition to a lot of other writing that came before they had a "brand" to sell it to publishers. Even if you don't like their stories, this is just wrong.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

sticklefifer posted:

You reminded me of that deranged Nier review lmao

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The most energetic they have sounded in years is when they totally broke format and spend an hour talking poo poo about Ted Cruz.

If they pivoted to do fewer goofy questions and more riffing about current affairs I'd personally welcome the change. They don't seem to relish the act of organizing the questions and sorting through a million "am I good?" emails a week.

The show is still great, but it's best when they mix it up. Trolls 2 arc is proof of this.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

well why not posted:

The most energetic they have sounded in years is when they totally broke format and spend an hour talking poo poo about Ted Cruz.

If they pivoted to do fewer goofy questions and more riffing about current affairs I'd personally welcome the change. They don't seem to relish the act of organizing the questions and sorting through a million "am I good?" emails a week.

The show is still great, but it's best when they mix it up. Trolls 2 arc is proof of this.

It's me, I was the War With Grandpa episode liker

probably just happened to drop on a day where I really vibed with that particular flavor of brokebrain

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Zero One posted:

TAZ:

Beeeeeeeeessssssss

Now that was some 2020 getting down to bees-ness

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
War with gramps was a weird highlight in hindsight aye

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Trolls 2, War With Grandpa, Guided Sleep Meditation, Ted Cruz Bullying, Ep 500 are all highlights. The hosts are funnier than the questions and should feel no pressure to stick to format.

It's doubly proven when they get questions from the live audience, which are always dull and phony-feeling.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

well why not posted:

Trolls 2, War With Grandpa, Guided Sleep Meditation, Ted Cruz Bullying, Ep 500 are all highlights. The hosts are funnier than the questions and should feel no pressure to stick to format.

It's doubly proven when they get questions from the live audience, which are always dull and phony-feeling.

TBH, any live audience interaction sucks on any show. I always skip audience Q&A's because they are super cringworthy.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

do more minion quotes

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Nitrousoxide posted:

TBH, any live audience interaction sucks on any show. I always skip audience Q&A's because they are super cringworthy.

Does that mean you missed Chris Hastings asking how to deal with his comic getting a bad review from Clint?

Or gently caress, the raw fettuccine question??

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The 7th Guest posted:

do more minion quotes

Celebrity wine not

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The flop house usually gets decent questions at their live shows. Their ground rule is to ask yourself “if I wasn’t the person asking this question, would I want to hear it?”

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Roach Warehouse posted:

The flop house usually gets decent questions at their live shows. Their ground rule is to ask yourself “if I wasn’t the person asking this question, would I want to hear it?”
Ehh, both in live shows and regular ones, the Flophouse tends to get a lot of questions like "if you could have any director switch places with an actor from a film of another genre and decade who would it be" that are hard to answer on the spot.

Which just leads to Elliot rambling about a 1940s movie and Dan saying something about a butt and Stewart mentions Castle Freak for the 90th time.

actually I take it all back the flophouse is great

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

TAZ spoilers: Goodcastle being real is an unwelcome development and predictable. Shame it completely destroys anything Griffin tried to do with Fitzroy.

Also the buttrock outro music was incredibly good.

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 12, 2021

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Zutaten posted:

TAZ spoilers: Goodcastle being real is an unwelcome development and predictable. Shame it completely destroys anything Griffin tried to do with Fitzroy.

I feel like a 30 second tease at the end of an episode is too soon to pass judgment on how it will go. But I will bet that Travis and Griffin talked about this development in advance. They are always saying to talk about big character events ahead of time.

And yes, music good.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Sivart13 posted:

Ehh, both in live shows and regular ones, the Flophouse tends to get a lot of questions like "if you could have any director switch places with an actor from a film of another genre and decade who would it be" that are hard to answer on the spot.

Which just leads to Elliot rambling about a 1940s movie and Dan saying something about a butt and Stewart mentions Castle Freak for the 90th time.

actually I take it all back the flophouse is great

In that regard, it's very similar to the recorded shows, as I think the only one who looks at the questions in advance is Dan, and even then, he doesn't have an answer half the time anyway.

God, I love the Flophouse.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Post your flatulence roleplay elsewhere tia

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

number 1 snake fan posted:

That's actually my Person Who Complains About Munch Squad roleplaying, thanks.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

number 1 snake fan posted:

That's actually my Person Who Complains About Munch Squad roleplaying, thanks.

Confirmed: everyone who likes Munch Squad likes fart play.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Travis mispronouncing Raul Julia as "Raul Joolia" is worse than any of his bits or characters

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

roomtwofifteen posted:

Travis mispronouncing Raul Julia as "Raul Joolia" is worse than any of his bits or characters

The foundation of the whole podcast is built on saying words wrong

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I remember back when people would get mad at Justin for saying "modren era".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Zutaten posted:

I tuned in for the outro music only and it's a sweet song but goddamn whoever was playing that guitar is bad at guitar.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

They pronounce "McElroy" as "mackle-roy" for God's sake

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i haven't listened to TAZ in a while, have they given a timeline on when a new season is likely to happen? heard griffin on other things talking about researching the seafaring dnd thing he's planning

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man I seriously hope Griffin & his are keeping warm. This winter weather sucks for everybody but Texas is in rolling blackout mode and Rachel is pregnant. Not sure if Austin is in any better condition than north Texas, but I hope so.

Frozen gaddang cowfolk.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

from the unofficial mcelroy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHjRQwEQjJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Man I seriously hope Griffin & his are keeping warm. This winter weather sucks for everybody but Texas is in rolling blackout mode and Rachel is pregnant. Not sure if Austin is in any better condition than north Texas, but I hope so.

Frozen gaddang cowfolk.

They'll be fine it's not actually cold