Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1359574818031620097

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hells yes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Announced today that the Peacemaker spin off TV series will drop January next year.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

Announced today that the Peacemaker spin off TV series will drop January next year.

He better do pull-ups every episode.

Edit I was thinking of Painkiller.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

How many episodes of WandaVision are there? It's made me kind of sad that we probably won't see more Vision in the future, I like his character. Also am I wrong in thinking that Aaron Taylor-Johnson agreed to be Quicksilver in AoU only if they killed him as he didn't want to do more than one film?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

bessantj posted:

How many episodes of WandaVision are there? It's made me kind of sad that we probably won't see more Vision in the future, I like his character. Also am I wrong in thinking that Aaron Taylor-Johnson agreed to be Quicksilver in AoU only if they killed him as he didn't want to do more than one film?

Tonight's was episode 6, there are 3 left.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Thought it was a decent episode albeit felt a little like a wheel spinner, not to a disastrous degree though.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 12, 2021

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Karloff posted:

Thought it was a decent episode albeit felt a little like a wheel spinner, not too a disastrous degree though.

Yeah that was my feeling too. Fun things happened, stuff moved forward, but nothing major until the rather big cliffhanger.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That loving ending, holy poo poo.

Other thoughts

I think it's been telegraphed pretty hard who Agnes really is with this episode. What with the costume and that loving cackle.

I will be extremely pissed if if it turns out that AIM has infiltrated SWORD like Hydra did with SHIELD. I'm not sure if Hayward is full on villain like Pierce was in Winter Soldier, or just suffering PTSD from the times between SNAPThanos and SNAPHulk and his response is just fear driven.

Yay! Monica is definitely gonna be Photon. Hopefully this season

Wanda speculation: I'm not totally convinced Wanda has full agency over Westview. I mean it's 100% her powering everything, I don't think she's being puppet-mastered, but I do think she's being influenced at some level. Of course, I'm still not entirely sure what the gently caress is going on with that town. I mean it seems like extreme overkill when all she wanted was Vision back, I'm just not getting how that requires all the fuckery going on with the town.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
boy things sure aren't going great in westview

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

One little thing I liked: not one single person on Halloween (other than you know, Wanda and the Fam) were dressed as a superhero. No kids dressed as Capt America, or Iron Man, or Thor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Still waiting for my Slipknot, The Man Who Can Climb Anything series

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Endless Mike posted:

Still waiting for my Slipknot, The Man Who Can Climb Anything series

You might want to sit down, I have some bad news for you...

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Loved the costumes of course. I'm very interested in what this Pietro knows and what he doesn't. I'm beginning to think it's not as simple as an alternate universe Pietro showed up. He doesn't seem to be as vulnerable to Wanda's magic as everyone else. Vision is great in this.

I see you, Agnes. I see you.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
good episode, though the SWORD scenes are still painfully dull and the plot didn't advance quite as much as I was hoping for; unless there really isn't another to-be-revealed antagonist, it seems like the last three episodes will have a lot of legwork to do and I'm not entirely sure the remaining episodes will have enough running time to stick the landing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

good episode, though the SWORD scenes are still painfully dull and the plot didn't advance quite as much as I was hoping for; unless there really isn't another to-be-revealed antagonist, it seems like the last three episodes will have a lot of legwork to do and I'm not entirely sure the remaining episodes will have enough running time to stick the landing

We don’t know if the show is even going to solve anything, or just lead into Doctor Strange.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh no, next week Kat Dennings will have to be in a pastiche of a mid-2000s sitcom, I hope she's up to it! :v:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I liked Peters vacillating between the wise cracking way he played the character in the X-Men movies and doing his interpretation of the more serious Ultron version.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Gaz-L posted:

Oh no, next week Kat Dennings will have to be in a pastiche of a mid-2000s sitcom, I hope she's up to it! :v:

Did any diners or bakeries pop up in the transmogrified SWORD camp/circus?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was also very 'hell yeah!' when our heroes beat up the SWORD goons and Jimmy was actually fighting totally competently. I saw one review compare Jimmy and Darcy to Mulder and Scully, but I think that's more Jimmy and Monica, with Darcy as the Lone Gunmen? And Hayward as the Cigarette Smoking Man, I guess.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Interesting theory I've seen is how other than Wanda's trauma, the commercials all point to a different Infinity Stone. Presumably, there's one commercial left.

Toaster: Is meant to loosely resemble Vision's head. Although red, color is coming from the dot on the "forehead." This is the Mind Stone.

Watch: It's a watch commercial that talks up time stuff. Obviously the Time Stone.

Soap: The Hydra soap takes the form of a blue cube, much like the Tesseract holding the Space Stone.

Paper Towels: Wipes up red liquid, which is the Reality Stone's true form.

Yogurt: A skeleton is doomed to exist alone in a desolate land, much like the Red Skull guarding the Soul Stone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Another little detail is that the headpiece for Wanda's Sokovian fortune teller (btw, I just started reading the new run of X-Force, and is that the first time Sokovia's made it to the 616?) outfit is almost too good for the homemade costume aesthetic? Like, if the rest of the outfit was more 'movie' styled, you could probably keep it and it would look fine.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

So the commercial seemed pretty clear Wanda has to figure out her magic.

But I do wonder if Pietro might not be the X-Men Pietro, but his casting isn't just random fanbait. The fact that he appeared exactly when Vision decided to oppose the whole thing, the way he seems to be intentionally setting himself up as a replacement father figure for the kids and confidante for Wanda, the fact that he is 100% in favor of the whole thing. I think Pietro could be someone else, some Mephiston or Jack Harkness character like you guys were speculating about. He went in when he though Vision was going to shut it down specifically to keep it going. He's some extra dimensional figure who took on the form of Pietro, but for some reason took the appearance of a Pietro from a neighboring dimension. So multiverse established, the casting was important, but he's still not actually X-Men Quicksilver

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
What was this commercial representing, her time gone during the snap?

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Barry Convex posted:

I’m not too worried about that.

It seems like the runtime is whatever they want it to be, unless they’ve been posted somewhere the last episode could be an hour for all we know.

Even if it’s not they have a short movie’s worth of time to work with still.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Soonmot posted:

The Yo-Magic represents magic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The runtime is always around a half hour so far, and loving 8 minutes of credits for some reason.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Soonmot posted:

Part of it seems to be that many of the people in Westview are doomed due to their complete lack of free will and inability to do much more than stand around and loop gestures.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, the shark saying it's "snackin' on yo' magic" seems pretty blatant.

EDIT: Also, am I crazy or is the kid playing Tommy a way better actor than the one playing Wiccan? Probably not an issue long-term, as I assume they'll be recast before any Young Avenging happens (or maybe by next episode, honestly)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 12, 2021

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Soonmot posted:

The shark says "I'm snackin on yo-magic" which to me lends credence to this being a plot by an outside force that has gone awry.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gaz-L posted:

Another little detail is that the headpiece for Wanda's Sokovian fortune teller (btw, I just started reading the new run of X-Force, and is that the first time Sokovia's made it to the 616?) outfit is almost too good for the homemade costume aesthetic? Like, if the rest of the outfit was more 'movie' styled, you could probably keep it and it would look fine.

Nah it's been used a couple times before. I remember it being a point in the Captain America series right after he came back from being old and was secretly Hydra.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SonicRulez posted:

The shark says "I'm snackin on yo-magic" which to me lends credence to this being a plot by an outside force that has gone awry.

It's the first commercial not related to a previous trauma, and also the first commercial since Pietro showed up. at this point my money is on Wanda did it, but magic on that scale drew the attention of something which entered the hex disguised as Pietro and is encouraging it for it's own ends.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

In terms of Wanda's trauma, the commercial could also lend itself to Civil War. She spends much of the movie under house arrest due to everyone being afraid of her. Then in the end, she's trapped and restrained in an island prison.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's also the only commercial scene without the same actors that were in the others, which some people are theorizing might be related to Wanda (her parents?). I have a feeling it's not related to her trauma. It's related to the trauma she's inflicting others. As seen elsewhere in the episode those that are trapped but aren't close enough to her magic are stuck and seemingly wasting away.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Guessing that the footage of Wanda invading SWORD will now turn out to be doctored footage of Wanda escaping SWORD.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

theironjef posted:

Guessing that the footage of Wanda invading SWORD will now turn out to be doctored footage of Wanda escaping SWORD.

Somewhat major spoiler here. Please do not read this if you want to avoid that.

There is a leaked storyboard floating around that shows a different view of the scene where she goes to Sword headquarters, she isn't violent at all at first and is let in by the director. So, unless the scene was changed and is no longer in the show, it seems like we'll be seeing it again from a different perspective. Also in the first frame of the story board she's being followed by a woman into Sword headquarters who is holding a rabbit. Which neighbor of Wanda's has a rabbit?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

mikeraskol posted:

Somewhat major spoiler here. Please do not read this if you want to avoid that.

There is a leaked storyboard floating around that shows a different view of the scene where she goes to Sword headquarters, she isn't violent at all at first and is let in by the director. So, unless the scene was changed and is no longer in the show, it seems like we'll be seeing it again from a different perspective. Also in the first frame of the story board she's being followed by a woman into Sword headquarters who is holding a rabbit. Which neighbor of Wanda's has a rabbit?

They have a shot of this in the trailers

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I didn't expect the Ron Funches King Shark to be the first crossover of the new Amalgam universe, but I am in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't expect the Ron Funches King Shark to be the first crossover of the new Amalgam universe, but I am in.

Lake Bell in a tryhard pleather jacket and skinny jeans deadpanning about Wanda upholding the patriarchy by using the power of a god to be a homemaker would be excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
One thing I really liked is how they're showing that everything is coming apart at the seams. In the early episodes, everyone was sincere, everything -- the costumes, the effects, the cameras, the screen ratio -- fit the time frame, and any deviations were obvious glitches that got quickly corrected.

Now, though, Vision and Quicksilver are both clearly playing roles rather than living their lives (and Paul Bettany did some masterful work using his line readings to convey "look I will play along with this dumb script for the bare minimum amount of time and if you push me I'll bring reality crashing down around both our ears, Wanda") and everyone else is fighting to escape, the screen ratio has been anachronistically widescreen for the 80s and 90s episodes, the special effects in this episode were all modern CGI, there's continuity errors -- The Incredibles came out in 2004 and The Parent Trap in 1998, no theater is playing both of them simultaneously -- and what's somehow worst of all is that "the sitcom" seems to have just given up and is playing it all as normal. The way everyone dropped their ominous lines or flickered in and out of character with the too-bright lighting and jaunty pop-punk background music continuing on like this was an expected part of the show now creeped me out immensely. The rot has spread all the way to the roots.

On other topics: Did Darcy ping anyone else's radar tonight? I think it's just that I'm too keyed into this being a mystery box show where any mistakes are deliberate clues, but "expert astrophysicist, super-hacker who can get through top-secret government firewalls with a laptop, and also is medical doctor too" was just... come the gently caress on. I'll accept that omni-capable poo poo from the people I'm told are super-geniuses, but Darcy's supposed to be a normal person. I'm pretty sure it is actually just lazy writing and not a clue and I'll just have to nod my head and agree that all forms of being Smart are basically interchangable as the price of admission, but to repeat myself, come the gently caress on.

I loved Wanda showing exactly what she thought of SWORD.

And finally, an answer to a very important question, I thought: confirmation that Vision doesn't revert to being dead with a gaping hole in his head when he breaches the barrier has several important ramifications. We now know that that, and her similar glimpse of corpse-Pietro, are PTSD flashbacks and she's not puppeting literal corpses around. It implies that Vision can survive outside Westview if he doesn't have a barrier dragging him back in, so this may not be his swan song after all. (Which is good!) And finally... that's an Infinity Stone in his forehead. And it didn't disappear.

edit: Wait, one more thing. We now have three data points, which is enough to draw a trend, and that's that nobody has continuity of memory. Vision, Wanda, and Quicksilver have now each told a version of the same basic story: "Step 1: Trauma, Step 2: ???? Step 3: I woke up in Westview".

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 13, 2021