Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

X-Men Apocalypse: Hey, Oscar Isaac is a handsome dude with a load of charisma. Lets put in him a ton of makeup so he can't emote and then not give him anything to do with the character.

Yeah, considering Apocalypse is a shapeshifter he could have looked like Oscar Isaac most of the time.

The Dave posted:

If you watch it more than once you deserve what you get.

I know, I know I'm scum that doesn't deserve nice things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

It's gotta be Moonstone, right?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gaz-L posted:

That seems like the obvious choice, but who knows, it could be Deathbird or Star (it won't be Star).

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Gaz-L posted:

Heard that it could be Talos' daughter since they're potentially doing a follow up from the Secret Invasion show.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sweet, hopefully Moonstone.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I looked at the DC subreddit (I know, I know) and man, people are pumped for the ZSJL like someone found an undiscovered van Gogh. I wish I was that pumped for it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

How dare they!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You didn’t really need to make the trip for that.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

You didn’t really need to make the trip for that.

Well I haven't been keeping up with the latest DC fanboying so was surprised just how excited they were.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

bessantj posted:

I looked at the DC subreddit (I know, I know) and man, people are pumped for the ZSJL like someone found an undiscovered van Gogh. I wish I was that pumped for it.

I'm realizing I'm no longer compatible with many of the things I used to enjoy, star wars being a main culprit. Sometimes you just gotta let it go and let people enjoy it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm realizing I'm no longer compatible with many of the things I used to enjoy, star wars being a main culprit. Sometimes you just gotta let it go and let people enjoy it.

Like I say I wish I could get this excited for it, or frankly for anything. I think the last time I was looking forward to something this much was Jurassic Park coming out.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

bessantj posted:

Like I say I wish I could get this excited for it, or frankly for anything. I think the last time I was looking forward to something this much was Jurassic Park coming out.

I feel that. I remember walking out of spider-man 2 wondering why I didn't enjoy it like the chronicles of riddick that had come out like a week earlier. I'm excited that the tolerance of ZSJL(i don't think critics will say anything overly positive about it) will push back on corporate meddling. We could've had a full on edgar wright Ant-Man, imagine if they'd let him take his time and not just push out middling forgettable synergetic dreck.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I'm pretty excited about Matt Reeves' Batman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edgar Wright worked on Ant-Man for 12 years.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If the reports are correct that Rudd & McKay added the Luis explains scenes then the Edgar Wright version of Ant-Man was clearly inferior.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Nah, you can tell they were using Wright's work, the action was so bland and obviously relied on his storyboards. Unfortunately he adds a lot on set with the actors. And Luis was a gimmicky spot of nothing, I'd take Dory over him, especially when we don't know what would have been. You say that as if wright doesn't know how to inject humor into an action movie.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Lol the ol “when it’s good I did it, when it’s bad you did it” argument.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's bad about a gimmick? Edgar Wright is a gimmick director after all, he has made nothing but.

Besides, Paul Rudd wrote Role Models so they already had an expert action comedy writer on the final script, and Wright wishes any of his work was as good as Party Down.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Edgar Wright's work (well, Baby Driver is merely okay, honestly), but everything we know about his version of Ant-Man, like Hope's role being significantly reduced compared to the final version, just kind of sounds worse than what we got. I'm sure he'd have been able to put his own spin on it and make it come across better than in the summary I read of the changes, but I like the finished movie a bunch so I'm not real broken up about it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Release the Edgar Wright cut imo

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Roth posted:

Release the Edgar Wright cut imo

Only if they can shoot new scenes with Jared Leto so that Wright can realize his original vision.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Wright cut is just like that 'non-SJW cut' of Last Jedi and cuts out any non-expository dialogue by women.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
but does it

and this is key

does it come with a dinner box

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Tbh most of Wright's other work I prefer to Antman which I feel is just fine. But, it's a bit of a dead end to compare a film that exists to a hypothetical film that doesn't and try to declare which is better. In a way the non-existent film will always win, as we can always imagine our own preferences onscreen rather than the messy reality of a finished work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which cut of steak is the non SJW cut?

Probably a t-bone.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lunatic Sledge posted:

but does it

and this is key

does it come with a dinner box

Comes with a coupon to Baskin Robbins.

The sequel comes with string cheese and a juice box.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Everything I'd read about Wright suggested he was hoping to have the movie disconnected from the MCU. No Falcon stuff, no setting up for Civil War. He'd been working on it forever, like before Iron Man, and imagine finally getting to it and they're like "okay well you need to tie it onto these movies that are already being made, set up these other movies that will be made, put Howard Stark and the Falcon in it, and your bad guy can't just be a goofy take on Egghead."

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Ant-Man is a movie I put on when I’m having a terrible day because it’s impossible to have a bad time while watching Ant-Man. Or Ant-Man 2. They’re both just super upbeat and fun movies and I really like that they don’t do any weird poo poo with his ex-wife that most movies would do.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Ant-Man is a movie I put on when I’m having a terrible day because it’s impossible to have a bad time while watching Ant-Man. Or Ant-Man 2. They’re both just super upbeat and fun movies and I really like that they don’t do any weird poo poo with his ex-wife that most movies would do.

I would love a one-off, hour long special that sees Hank Pym forced to team-up with Luis, Dave, and Kurt again. ("You know Baba Yaga? You know Baba Yaga.")

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

I would love a one-off, hour long special that sees Hank Pym forced to team-up with Luis, Dave, and Kurt again. ("You know Baba Yaga? You know Baba Yaga.")

:same:

Bonus points if it’s a pilot for a Luis, Dave, and Kurt Disney+ series.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
People on Twitter are talking about how John Krasinski should be Reed Richards and I'm just sharing this because I want all of you to feel the same strong negative reaction I'm experiencing right now.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jamesman posted:

People on Twitter are talking about how John Krasinski should be Reed Richards and I'm just sharing this because I want all of you to feel the same strong negative reaction I'm experiencing right now.

He's a horrible choice.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People want to do that for the double stuntcast of getting Emily Blunt as Sue and it's just a bad idea guys, let it go. Blunt would be a fine Sue, but I really don't want Krasinski Reed.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Some people think that Wandavision is a backdoor in for the F4 so...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Bill Hader for Reed. :colbert:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bessantj posted:

I'm more pumped for the eventual RLM hate-watch, and We Hate Movies episode over it. I will watch it while being very very drunk, and then probably get depressed because it's Zack Snyder.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Mainly because I'm bummed he didn't get picked for the last of us, make Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Reed.

Edit: *bearded Reed.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FilthyImp posted:

Some people think that Wandavision is a backdoor in for the F4 so...
Theoretically they could backdoor both the X-Men and F4 in

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Bill Hader for Reed. :colbert:

I'm down for this but I want you to, for a moment, picture this instead (because I did):

John Mulaney as Reed Richards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

It's Oded Fehr you want. For Richards, for Doom, for Richards and Doom. He's the right pick.