Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

the best team

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1359711646776782849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

More of you go watch that TJPW show so we can get 4 more MOTYCs on the list

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm in the process of moving so I couldn't watch it live but when Internet is set up I will watch it surrounded by boxes before I do anything else.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Neodoomium posted:

More of you go watch that TJPW show so we can get 4 more MOTYCs on the list

There was nothing of that quality on that show.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Your vote has been recorded, then!

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Watching the Takadanobaba Stardom show and I don't think I've ever seen a bigger burial in the company than Giulia did to Unagi Sayaka. Geez, I know she's not good but that's way worse than even any rookie/vet match I've seen. Completely no sells her on 4 separate occasions to the point she looks amused as how weak this girl is, even no selling a bodyslam attempt like a 300+ pound giant would to a comedy jobber. After mounting and repeatedly slapping her, she taunts her, lets her get up, no sells one last forearm and casually puts her in a basic sleeper hold causing Sayaka to pass out.

Stall_19 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 12, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Watching the Takadanobaba Stardom show and I don't think I've ever seen a bigger burial in the company than Giulia did to Unagi Sayaka. Geez, I know she's not good but that's way worse than even any rookie/vet match I've seen. Completely no sells her on 4 separate occasions to the point she looks amused as how weak this girl is, even no selling a bodyslam attempt like a 300+ pound giant would to a comedy jobber. After mounting and repeatedly slapping her, she taunts her, lets her get up, no sells one last forearm and casually puts her in a basic sleeper hold causing Sayaka to pass out.

Giulia completely buried her in her ShuPro column afterwards basically saying how TJPW training must suck compared to Stardom training (which was funny cos Giulia is an Ice Ribbon product but whatever).

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What's with the TJPW/Stardom bad blood I hear about every now and then? Can't tell if it's fan-exaggerated or not. When a lot of girls ended up leaving TJPW, I know Yuka Sakazaki said something along the lines of "If you don't want to be here, leave!" although Mina Shirakawa is still on great terms with a lot of the girls on the TJPW roster, Natsupoi seemed to burn that bridge all the way down

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Here's a tweet about that tournament.

You know, the one involving a bunch of Joshis including Maki Itoh and Mei Suruga.

You know, the one that has its heats sometime next week and its finals in the first weekend in March.

Oh, not that one. The TJPW tag tournament!

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360096172472295425

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Something something Mei Suruga isn't in the Tag tournament.

Looking forward to seeing Endo again even if they're for sure losing R1, i'm continually marvelling at how good she is this quick

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

What's with the TJPW/Stardom bad blood I hear about every now and then? Can't tell if it's fan-exaggerated or not. When a lot of girls ended up leaving TJPW, I know Yuka Sakazaki said something along the lines of "If you don't want to be here, leave!" although Mina Shirakawa is still on great terms with a lot of the girls on the TJPW roster, Natsupoi seemed to burn that bridge all the way down

Yuka made fun of Stardom for the bikini fight in the Tam/Giulia feud

Giulia mocked TJPW's training as being bad

Both in their ShuPro columns. I don't think it's too serious but I don't expect them working together at any point either. Stardom are the most notable promotion not represented in the AEW tournament which could be reflection of the bad blood between then and TJPW or could just be a reflection of the fact that Shida probably booked the thing and loving hates Stardom.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Now why does Shida hate stardom?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

Something something Mei Suruga isn't in the Tag tournament.

What do you mean? I have it on good authority that she's Hyper Misao's secret identity!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

What do you mean? I have it on good authority that she's Hyper Misao's secret identity!

She puts on a mask and 7 inch lifts, it's the perfect cover

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

Is it because Rossy is an old sleaze? I'm just guessing here.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I'm not sure but she tweeted fairly recently she would never work with them (like post-AEW signing). She's pretty close with Asuka/Mio Shirai who cut ties with Io despite their friendship/family ties with Io for a while after she signed with them so I think there's deep issues somewhere. (She's also best friends with Syuri who's signed there so idk)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm not sure but she tweeted fairly recently she would never work with them (like post-AEW signing). She's pretty close with Asuka/Mio Shirai who cut ties with Io despite their friendship/family ties with Io for a while after she signed with them so I think there's deep issues somewhere. (She's also best friends with Syuri who's signed there so idk)

I always wondered if Asuka and Mio held a grudge when Io left at what felt like the height of Triple Tails.

Anyway, here's something less depressing:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1360256174021435400

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I don't think it was ever an Io issue, that seemed to stem off Io having a rebellious phase when she started dating NOSAWA and got into big trouble coming back from Mexico (Which is a HUGE story in and out of itself). Asuka and Io haven't interacted much in the WWE but Io and Mio did before Io signed/Mio retired briefly so that's got to be cleared up by now.

Still very possible that someone in STARDOM rubbed her the wrong way, Shida's from the same era as the Shirai Sisters/Makoto/Syuri are and they were all pretty close friends. I don't think Makoto's ever done STARDOM since Emi split either (Which really held her back, because she's still working indies)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yuka made fun of Stardom for the bikini fight in the Tam/Giulia feud

Giulia mocked TJPW's training as being bad

Both in their ShuPro columns. I don't think it's too serious but I don't expect them working together at any point either. Stardom are the most notable promotion not represented in the AEW tournament which could be reflection of the bad blood between then and TJPW or could just be a reflection of the fact that Shida probably booked the thing and loving hates Stardom.

I would assume it has more to do with Stardom being owned by Bushiroad and there still being very tentative ties between AEW and NJPW et al

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

eh they had bea and riho under dual aew/stardom deals. probably it is that shida put it together and shida would probably also know that stardom wouldnt want their wrestler to lose if they were using them in japan

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I don't think Stardom not being booked in the AEW tourney has anything to do with any bad blood. Pretty much everyone booked in the tourney is either something they used or someone related to someone they used with the exception of Rin Kadokura who was the only real surprise. Even Asuka/Veny was someone I felt they would use eventually with how much she wanted to wrestle in America.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RealFoxy posted:

I don't think it was ever an Io issue, that seemed to stem off Io having a rebellious phase when she started dating NOSAWA and got into big trouble coming back from Mexico (Which is a HUGE story in and out of itself). Asuka and Io haven't interacted much in the WWE but Io and Mio did before Io signed/Mio retired briefly so that's got to be cleared up by now.

Is Mio wrestling again? I thought she took time off with her kid then started doing referee stuff.

While Chikara has turned out to be :smith: behind the scenes, I still love the joshi heavy cards they did and do miss Mio in the ring. She honestly seemed to 'get it' in front of the American crowd more than some of the others.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Is Mio wrestling again? I thought she took time off with her kid then started doing referee stuff.

While Chikara has turned out to be :smith: behind the scenes, I still love the joshi heavy cards they did and do miss Mio in the ring. She honestly seemed to 'get it' in front of the American crowd more than some of the others.
Not exactly, Mio's still a referee and a mother and her reuniting with her sister was several years back, it was on the indies for Io's farewell tour so I can't even find it on Cagematch.

Fun fact: Mio's retirement tour featured Ryo Mizunami, Shida, and a sixteen year old VENY/ASUKA currently involved in AEW. It also featured Hana Kimura's mother and Fujimoto who had a MOTYC this month.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Aja/Itoh got posted in the GBS thread. P. good IMO

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

Not exactly, Mio's still a referee and a mother and her reuniting with her sister was several years back, it was on the indies for Io's farewell tour so I can't even find it on Cagematch.

She is still retired but did step in for 3 matches last summer when someone for Ice Ribbon got hurt. But she did wrestle on the Final Yokohama Bunka show where Suzu won the Infinity title and there was the bonkers Risa Sera Rina Yamashita match

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, last year pretty nice cos I got to see Mio, Act and Megumi Kudo wrestle which I never expected I'd get to do.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
A lot of people have heat with Stardom (and Rossy in particular) over various things: what exactly the issue Shida might have with them could be anything. Might be Triple Tails related; Ice Ribbon don't like them either (the Giulia thing in particular for obvious reasons; before that they had issues when they were trying to book the Thunder Rock vs Best Friends match which never happened and which led to them bringing Emi back for one night) and Shida was one of the people that retained links to both sides of that split so that might have played a role as well; who knows.

You have to keep in mind that Stardom and New Japan have totally different management teams: so a partnership with one does not mean that you have one with the other although it might make things easier. Stardom at the moment clearly aren't interested in their international audience and are focusing on growing domestically and with their roster size, while big for Joshi, still not being at the point where they can really afford to lose big name people for prolonged periods to other companies I suspect that any sort of partnership in the medium term is unlikely - especially if AEW were as controlling over how Riho was booked as the Observer reported they were.

RealFoxy posted:

There's been a bit of speculation that mysterious person that left calling TJPW too nice was actually Unagi: apparently she was pretty distant from the rest of the roster when she was there. Don't think we'll ever know really - when Natsumi Maki left AWG to go to TJPW everyone assumed that she had big heat with Yumiko Hotta over it and on the first show after she was pulled because they learned she was leaving to go to TJPW apparently Hotta was... not very nice about the way that she left and spoiled that she was the X on the TJPW 1/4 show that year but this year she ended up going out for dinner with Hotta on Hotta's birthday and that might be a good indication that the assumptions we make on this might be wrong.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Asking this because the first page didn't answer the question but how does the Wrestle Universe subscription work? Because this bit is confusing me:

So...if I sign up, I get first month free, and I pay 900 yen for month two, right? But there's that 1-4 thing, so I guess that means it's 900 yen for the first four months of payment? Is there a different price?

Also is this one of those "one month from subscribing date" or "we go by months, so if I sign up now I get half of February" kind of deal?

And how easy is it to unsubscribe and then resubscribe? I wanted to get on it for yesterday's TJPW show but was busy so I thought I'd catch back up on the weekend, but it's a bit pricey in my currency to maintain the sub for long periods of time

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
You get the first month free but then its 900¥/month. They charge by calendar months so if you sign up now your free month would only last to the 1st March.

Very easy to unsubscribe: and unlike other Japanese services it keeps your account so if you want to resubscribe its a case of logging back in and re-enabling the subscription. You only get the one free month though.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

IceAgeComing posted:

You get the first month free but then its 900¥/month. They charge by calendar months so if you sign up now your free month would only last to the 1st March.

Very easy to unsubscribe: and unlike other Japanese services it keeps your account so if you want to resubscribe its a case of logging back in and re-enabling the subscription. You only get the one free month though.

this is all very correct

my advice is to just wait for march so you can get that months kuroken show and then go back and watch this months, always always sub on the 1st.

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 13, 2021

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hell, even DDT/TJPW's wrestlers do tweets at the end of every month saying to do exactly that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

IceAgeComing posted:

There's been a bit of speculation that mysterious person that left calling TJPW too nice was actually Unagi: apparently she was pretty distant from the rest of the roster when she was there. Don't think we'll ever know really - when Natsumi Maki left AWG to go to TJPW everyone assumed that she had big heat with Yumiko Hotta over it and on the first show after she was pulled because they learned she was leaving to go to TJPW apparently Hotta was... not very nice about the way that she left and spoiled that she was the X on the TJPW 1/4 show that year but this year she ended up going out for dinner with Hotta on Hotta's birthday and that might be a good indication that the assumptions we make on this might be wrong.

Can I ask what you mean by TJPW being too nice?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Can I ask what you mean by TJPW being too nice?

People have sometimes suggested that the TJPW locker room suffers from being too nice and supportive instead of competitive. (others have said it's fake so who knows)

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I thought that was something that Natsumi Maki said on her way out the door, to the effect of "Everyone there just wants to hang out and be friends" I could be wrong there or misread who it came from.

To which Yuka responded obliquely in her magazine column saying that she was proud of her company and the work they all put in to help each other and improve and they certainly won't beg anyone to stay who doesn't want to be there.

For as silly as she is as a performer, Yuka is extremely serious when TJPW as an idea and as a company are brought up.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Honestly my assumption as to the makeup of the AEW tournament is that Kenny said to Emi Sakura "put together an eight wrestler tournament with you and seven others" and left it to her.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Honestly my assumption as to the makeup of the AEW tournament is that Kenny said to Emi Sakura "put together an eight wrestler tournament with you and seven others" and left it to her.

Shida actually talked a bit about this today. Most of it was her, some of it was Kenny (for example, Shida was going to recommend Mei, but Kenny did before her). This is very much like one of the shows Shida would produce.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
https://twitter.com/utami0914/status/1360183745697837057/photo/1

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm trying to get in to TJPW and I have 2 questions:
1) what is a good source, if there is one, of promo translations, like what Chris Charleton does for NJPW?
2) Why does someone have Old MacDonald as an entrance theme?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Takuan posted:

I'm trying to get in to TJPW and I have 2 questions:
1) what is a good source, if there is one, of promo translations, like what Chris Charleton does for NJPW?
2) Why does someone have Old MacDonald as an entrance theme?

1) https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/ the threads on here have the thread of the particular show.
2) Why doesn't someone have Old MacDonald as an entrance theme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The easy answer is Kamiyu had kind of a famer gimmick for a while. "Had." (Sad music.)