Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

saintonan posted:

It's already a waste of time. If 44 Senators think the entire trial is unconstitutional, there's no way in hell the Senate will get 67 people out of 100 to convict him.

The point is to sear this whole thing into our mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

saintonan posted:

It's already a waste of time. If 44 Senators think the entire trial is unconstitutional, there's no way in hell the Senate will get 67 people out of 100 to convict him.

so loving wreck them. Make this as bad as possible for them.

The dems seem to finally have realized the GOP is never going to work with them on anything, so gently caress them.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I always love when places not used to winter weather get to experience it because I get to bust out this pic of what looks like the literal apocalypse.

Love my home state :piss:

saintonan posted:

Even though the Senate will acquit, they’re also playing to the country at large, hoping to both solidify public sentiment against Trump and tie every Republican that votes to acquit to Jan 6. Whether that will actually work is obviously up in the air, but it’s a worthwhile endeavor IMO.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

saintonan posted:

There was some rumors that McConnell might be trying to whip enough votes together to convict because ultimately it's pointless in exchange for letting the Dems go it alone on disqualification so they can save face there.

I want to believe, but I just can't bring myself to do so.

I'm more banking on the DOJ pressing charges based on Donny's lawyers saying they should.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

saintonan posted:

Democracy means process. Whether not he is convicted is immaterial because this is history. Votes are on the record, and I for one, want names attached to them.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BlindSite posted:

Theyre doing it to stop people signing up for a free trial and watching what they want.

Disney+ stopped offering a free trial last June (right before they released Hamilton), it's not that. There's been some research done--though not enough to be statistically significant, I don't think--that strongly suggests that weekly episodic releases of shows generates more affinity from viewers and leads to a larger sense of FOMO. Even Netflix has shifted with some of its shows and doesn't drop them all at once.

Also, the wind chill in Madison is -20 right now. Kill me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Someone else made a good point on twitter that as this draws out, more of the other trials of people who actually stormed it will begin. There's just going to be poo poo loads of evidence.

Even if you're black pilled about the whole process, your heart should be warmed by the fact that Trump is just going to be sitting there pissed as gently caress, unable to tweet about it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

Someone else made a good point on twitter that as this draws out, more of the other trials of people who actually stormed it will begin. There's just going to be poo poo loads of evidence.

Even if you're black pilled about the whole process, your heart should be warmed by the fact that Trump is just going to be sitting there pissed as gently caress, unable to tweet about it.

Apparently the Trump camp is in a state of panic at the developments of the last 18 hours.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Apparently the Trump camp is in a state of panic at the developments of the last 18 hours.

They've been in a panic ever since the defense made opening statements the other day and the one lawyer spent 20 minutes babbling about how difficult it is to get around DC.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who even is the trump camp at this point?

Jared, his kids, and mark meadows?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

yep, and specifically to make the GOP vote against testimony from members of their own party if they vote to acquit.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah and I don't really understand what the alternative is at this point. At least give the minimum disincentive to the insurrectionists by making them go through an embarrassing process and possibly make it more difficult for them to look their grandchildren in the eye.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

FizFashizzle posted:

Who even is the trump camp at this point?

Jared, his kids, and mark meadows?

i mean 44 gop senators and a couple hundred reps, just for start. :/ this country blows goats

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I want Tuberville to perjure himself. That's the one single thing that I want for myself out of this.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Timby posted:

Also, the wind chill in Madison is -20 right now. Kill me.

I took a "prove a point" walk, and when I got to the top of Wisconsin Ave anything past the Edgewater's balcony was just white. It looked like a video game level that just hadn't loaded, it was hilarious.

(I also meant to get all the way to the Union hahaha nope.)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/1360640412889800705

just the dumbest possible resolution if it's the case

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/1360642011884322816

:lol: they're gonna cave after winning. Perfect.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
It would be so much more powerful if it weren't Raskin relaying it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Coco13 posted:

I took a "prove a point" walk, and when I got to the top of Wisconsin Ave anything past the Edgewater's balcony was just white. It looked like a video game level that just hadn't loaded, it was hilarious.

Be glad you got that walk in early. I just got an alert on my phone that says -35 wind chills or worse are coming later today.

And now I'm cursing myself for forgetting to pick up some Ensure when I was at the store yesterday, because I'm as weak as a kitten and like hell if I'm venturing out into the elements...

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And there it is

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1360648021814427651

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

unbelievable

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

gently caress the democrats

such worthless, pathetic losers

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Did anyone really expect this to go any other way

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm going to laugh when they lose R votes because they didn't actually call witnesses

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Coco13 posted:

Just shortcut it by walking across the lake the the Union.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm quoting this one, but pretend I'm quoting all of the responses.

Anyone who would have their perception of Trump changed is already not a Republican. Multiple GOP members of Congress, including guys like Josh Hawley, have said they're only accountable to Republican voters, so anyone else's opinion is irrelevant. There was a Monmouth poll Jan 25 that put support for impeachment conviction at 13 percent among Republicans, and that's the only thing that matters to GOP elected officials.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I hate America.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lmao, they never fail to disappoint.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dems snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again. Not that they were going to convict Trump, but they could have gotten some Rs on record.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So...what was the point of that then?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

FizFashizzle posted:

so loving wreck them. Make this as bad as possible for them.

The dems seem to finally have realized the GOP is never going to work with them on anything, so gently caress them.

This is almost as adorable as addie

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yesterday the defense was saying the mccarthy call was rumored or fabricated, so they did get defense to agree that the testimony of the call would be entered into the record as if under oath, which supports their timeline case and trump's indifference to the safety of members of congress.

but wow, they did it in the weakest way possible.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Dems snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once again. Not that they were going to convict Trump, but they could have gotten some Rs on record.

Oh, but that would be divisive, and hard! Better give up. Let's try to be bipartisan with Tommy Tuberville.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1360651492009668609?s=20

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I would like to think saving it for a criminal case, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I would like to think saving it for a criminal case, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

against Trump? He's immune since he was President at the time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Just blinking at the words, my brain stalled out in rage

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
mike lee still mad

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
if only this was a criminal and not a political proceeding :thunk:

https://twitter.com/mrbromwich/status/1360659101206925325

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

saintonan posted:

against Trump? He's immune since he was President at the time.

If he straight up shot someone as president, you're saying he couldn't be convicted because he was president?

Pretty sure that's not how it works.