Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Good lord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

You know, I've been really haunted by a JMS post I read on that excellent Babylon 5 lurker's guide where he says that of course a story about the rise of fascism is going to seem far-out to people living in his present moment of the 1990s because the conditions aren't right for it, but over time things will inevitably change because the good times can't last forever.

I don't like comparing this show to Star Trek, but its take on where fascism comes from and what you can do about it is a lot more thoughtful than the Star Trek versions, which I can only really understand because the good times ended a while ago.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Always weird to see someone who exists in an alternate reality.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
Minbari not born of Minbari -- many such cases!!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Goblin Craft posted:

Who's defending? It's all trash.

A few hundred criminal kooks that have been nearly universally condemned even on the right, do not equal "the right wing." I've heard of painting with a wide brush but you're going with the full-on industrial sprayer. Cable news watcher?

Good, I'm glad to see you using the rhetoric we discussed at the last Night Watch meeting. You did well trying to create the illusion that there's any meaningful difference between the so called "alt-right" and the "right", but it's important to also bring up that the left is also filled with dangerous violent terrorists like antifa and BLM. We'll be discussing more advanced rhetorical techniques at the next meeting to be sure to attend.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

lmao of all the threads

who brought up cheney because you’ve opened the seal

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Ewtbi, Supreme Gerontocrat posted:

The so-called "Drafa Plague" is nothing more than a plandemic perpetuated by the League of Non-Aligned worlds to usurp Markhab independence.

Emperor Londo Mollari II posted:

After the recent disturbances, I would like to point out that there were good people on both sides of the conflict. To Cartagia's supporters: I see you, I love you.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

We vivisected some folks.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goblin Craft posted:

Who's defending? It's all trash.

A few hundred criminal kooks that have been nearly universally condemned even on the right, do not equal "the right wing." I've heard of painting with a wide brush but you're going with the full-on industrial sprayer. Cable news watcher?

Why do you think they were there?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why the gently caress are we arguing with some loving Republican apologist in TVIV's Babylon 5 thread? If I wanted this type of bullshit I'd go on Twitter and remove half a dozen muted words and phrases, or knock myself on the head real hard with a hammer and join Parler.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

sebmojo posted:

Why do you think they were there?

"They" who, the criminals or the regular protestors?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why the gently caress are we arguing with some loving Republican apologist in TVIV's Babylon 5 thread? If I wanted this type of bullshit I'd go on Twitter and remove half a dozen muted words and phrases, or knock myself on the head real hard with a hammer and join Parler.

Actually you're right.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Life's great questions.

It needs to stop tho, I've already had to bookmark this thread, I don't want to have to do even MORE work and probe some idiot, too!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Number_6 posted:

Sorry to bug you about this again, CainFortea, but I'm curious what browser & OS you used for the Vudu screenshot of the remastered release? I only just discovered that Vudu doesn't allow full quality HDX anymore on a PC, unless you are using Edge or Safari. Some kind of DRM bullshit. So it's possible that's the reason why your screenshot from Vudu was blurry. OTOH, it could be any number of other things. Thanks!

I was using Chrome/Win10. I'll try with edge and post another side by side. After my friends and I do a remote party watch of Hackers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

esperterra posted:

Life's great questions.

It needs to stop tho, I've already had to bookmark this thread, I don't want to have to do even MORE work and probe some idiot, too!

Please, just do it. There is a hole in their mind.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Goblin Craft posted:

Ahem the so called insurrection was merely a few hundred ANTIFA criminals including the leader of the BLM movement carrying out George Soros's's instructions to make true president trump look bad, of course you believe the fake news lies!! This country has always been Trump country so we don’t see it as out of the ordinary to believe our president when he says he will never give up. We have had four years of incredible growth in the economy, advances in freedoms, and more under the Trump presidency so we find it difficult to believe that the media’s portrayal of him now to be accurate.

As I write to you today, I have no doubt that this letter will find many of you crushed under the weight of despair or perhaps lost in a maze of confusion. It is my hope that by the time you finish reading this letter you will be able to confidently join millions of others who support the president and another four years.

Let me be clear: Trump will be president for another four years. Biden will not be president. Yes, I know those are shocking words in these crazy days.

I have been approached by many saying, “It’s over…” and “Trump conceded the election…”. Nothing of the sort has taken place. Go back and listen to the videos all the way through. At no point does Trump even mention Biden’s name. At no point does he say he concedes. He does say that there will be a peaceful transition to a new administration and he does say that this is only the beginning. Those phrases are important to note. Indeed, we will have a new administration made up of a new vice president and cabinet as the current ones have all made their treason complete. I will touch on this in more detail shortly.

We do well to remember that for more than four years Donald Trump has been five steps ahead of everyone in every attempt to derail him, impeach him, or confound him. For example, he announced on election night in the early hours of the morning that he “didn’t want a dump of ballots at 4AM.” What happened in just a few short hours at almost exactly 4AM? A huge ballot dump took place which showed that he already knew that it was going to take place. That was a public word to the enemies of our country that he was on to them. Also, consider the recent incident at the capitol building in DC. Trump was late to his speaking engagement and then spoke on a number of rehashed things to the crowd of 500K+ but this created a problem. You see, if Trump had spoken on time and briefly, the MAGA crowd would have been at the capitol building with the Antifa faction and likely would have been drawn into the fray by accident and confusion due to the crowd size. With Trump speaking late and long, the MAGA crowd was PROTECTED and SEPARATED from the Antifa groups. It would be very clear that the disguised Antifa people were 95%+ of the people in the building. Again, Trump countered because he was steps ahead of them. This was clearly a staged event meant to blame Trump supporters and try to frame Trump so the 25th amendment could be used by Congress but it failed. Nevermind the numerous videos showing the police opening the gates for Antifa (they didn’t fight their way in) and then leading them throughout the building.

I say all this as only two examples out of many that at no point has our president been in a fight of desperation.

Now you may ask, “Why hasn’t Trump arrested anyone yet? Why did this have to go all the way to Congress?” Multiple reasons: first, Trump has been adamant in following the rule of law and the Constitution. He gives everyone, no matter how dirty, an opportunity to do the right thing (sometimes with warnings such as the phone call with the Georgia Secretary of State recently). He pushed cases through the courts, he presented evidence to the legislatures, and he even told the vice president to do the right thing. But with the betrayal by Pence and Congress, the treason is now complete and nobody can say that Trump did not allow the process to finish before acting. Second, in order to drain the swamp you have to know who are the swamp creatures. They can blend in very well with the crowds. But the false event in the capitol revealed the final traitors for who they were regardless of party affiliation. Trump flushed them out of hiding.

I need to take a moment to speak on Pence. With his treason completed, many of you may not know of his dealings and political posturing prior to the infamous day in the capitol. Pence was already wheeling and dealing way back during the 2016 election season with…wait for it….Paul Ryan. Remember Ryan? The RINO speaker of the house? Look at these emails that were recently revealed:

Pence-Ryan Emails

Pence was also involved with a scheme to oust Trump sometime during his first four years that was orchestrated by Rod Rosenstein and supported by the Clintons. The plan: get rid of Trump, become president and then appoint Rod Rosenstein as the new VP. Why would they want that? Because they felt Pence could be controlled. See these links for the 3 part series for more information:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

More could be said but I don’t want this letter to become more of a book than it already is. Suffice it to say that when Trump said at the DC rally that he hoped Pence would do the right thing, he already knew what he was going to do but was, yet again, giving the man space to choose to do the right thing.

Now, nobody has been more supportive of Trump than Lin Wood. This man’s career has been fighting defamation lawsuits which means that he doesn’t say things, no matter how outrageous they may seem, without them being true as he knows the consequences of slander. With this in mind, Lin Wood has become a fountain of information and leaks of hitherto unknown information revealing some of the depths of corruption and evil in our highest offices. This is the same man who recently said that arrests are coming over the next few days. He called Pence a traitor well before the counting of the elector votes on the 6th. But did you know that he also said that the president, following the capitol incident, left DC on a “Doomsday” aircraft (used for communications in the event of a nuclear war) with his family and was in Abilene, TX. This aircraft was confirmed by both flight trackers and eyes on the ground. In short, he is a trustworthy source of information. If you have a means to follow Lin Wood on Parler, I would highly recommend that you do so to stay abreast of things taking place. You can also listen to this podcast: Podcast

So, what comes next? I don’t have the particulars but I can give you milestones to watch for as the coming days unfold:
  • Expect the emergency broadcast system to be activated. The FCC just recently released a memorandum speaking to the requirements under Federal law to send messages from the president to the public. See this link
  • Expect confusion. We are in a battle for our republic against elites that are attempting the very coup that they are accusing Trump of doing. In battle, there will be disinformation but know that plans are being fulfilled.
  • Expect high profile arrests to take place over the next 12 days and at any time. You may wake one morning to find someone in high office is no longer there.
  • Expect this to be a bumpy ride to the very end. This is not a television show where things are resolved in 45 minutes.
  • Expect more bombshell evidence to be released between now and Feb. 20th.
  • Expect some sort of internet blackout or outage: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Gmail are likely going to be affected. If you don’t have alternate forms of communication established now, it would be a good idea to start forming them even if it’s just checking on your nextdoor neighbors.
  • Expect Trump to be inaugurated on Jan 20th 2024!
  • Expect the executive order from 2018 and/or the Insurrection Act to be enacted. This DOES NOT mean martial law. Remember that we have been under a state of emergency since 2018 which gives the president many powers to act.
These things may happen out of the order listed and some may happen multiple times. As I have been watching closely, many things have been and are in play as we speak. Remember that Trump has not and will not give up. He actually takes his oath of office to defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic very seriously. This is why they are so panicked in DC: they know that Trump will fight while Congress just rolls over.

I’ve mentioned this before but it bears repeating. None of us would have believed what we all now know except that Trump and his team have painstakingly taken the time to show the public. Want to show what Congress thinks of you? Highlight that the stimulus bill only sent $600 to each American but billions to other countries (payoffs, money laundering). Want to show the extent of collusion with the CCP at all levels of government? Bring multiple lawsuits against the election fraud from the local courts all the way to the Supreme Court which will show just how brazenly treasonous the judges are. Want the public to see how rigged the election system has been for many years? Present the evidence openly as we have seen. Even this week we have sworn testimony out of Italy that the Leonardo defense contractor used satellites to change the votes from our election in the USA from Italy. These Dominion voting machines were actively sending data to Germany, Serbia, China, Iran, and now Rome. This corruption is MUCH bigger than any of us expected but none of us would have believed it until now. This is why things seem to have taken so long.

Now, the American public is awake and ready to take back their long forgotten responsibilities to hold the elected officials accountable. I have heard from many of you how upset you are with the obvious and willful disregard for the truth and for justice.

As the days unfold, let’s maintain communications among ourselves and try to help our neighbor to understand what is happening. Turn off the television as they have demonstrated they are clearly only falsifying the media to maintain control over your thinking. Do not despair but pray for our country, for Trump and his supporters, and for a national repentance to be stirred nationwide.

The next 12 days will be something to tell the grandchildren! It’s 1776 all over again!

Annnd this is why all Cable News is Fake News Lying Trash! Even newsmax.teevee has abandoned us
lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I was really confused by the statement Trump had his lawyers read at the impeachment hearing today. What is “scorched Earth” supposed to mean?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

post/username

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The Babylon thread was our last best hope for peace.

It failed.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

tl;dr

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Starting over from "the first one sank into the swamp"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
You people are hosed up. Perhaps if you followed the purple you be on the winning side.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Green rules, purple drools.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Green rules, purple drools.

Nice avatar color.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Fake news! Purple is the best color. Bigger than any other color, and better too. In fact Purple may very well be the best thing of anything. In Purple I look fabulous! Green is a tired old color. Sleepy Green I call it. Sad!

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

If I were IK I’d probe all you filthy greens.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I am much happier now that I just use the Ignore list when these trolls show up in a thread I follow. Got two in one week out of recent activity here, and it’s already paying off in one or two other spots.

There are some interesting conversations to be had out of recent topics, but not with the posters trying to “start” them.

You could go broad and think about JMS being deeply influenced by golden age scifi writing, and the ways in which that and TV scifi were influenced by Westerns. Or postmodern, and talk about the degree to which B5 does or does not endorse the “Great Man” theory of history, and whether it’d be a problem if it did. Or going back, to think about all the things that have come out about great “genre” shows of the 90s and the fairly toxic conditions for women on many of them. All of those might be interesting and productive discussions. But only if specific posters are excluded from them entirely, because while it’s clear what personal gratification they expect from intruding on the thread, nobody else is going to get any pleasure from the result.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Narsham posted:

I am much happier now that I just use the Ignore list when these trolls show up in a thread I follow. Got two in one week out of recent activity here, and it’s already paying off in one or two other spots

Goblin Craft isn't a troll, he's been posting in B5 and Doctor Who threads for like a decade-plus (back when his username was Komrade Hitlerstalin), he's just very unabashed about being a conservative.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
The Corps is Mother, the Corps is Father

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Would Jerry Doyle have voted for Trump?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Almost certainly; he claimed to be a libertarian but always said he voted straight-ticket Republican in every election. And given Trump's attitude towards women, I have to imagine Doyle would have seen a kindred spirit, there.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
from the blindwatch

The_Doctor posted:

S3ep15 - Interludes and Examinations

Hopefully this means the Vorlons will be more on the offensive if needed, rather than sitting on the sidelines watching the younger races get decimated.
:stonklol:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ayin posted:

from the blindwatch

:stonklol:

That's not wrong.

Jet Jaguar posted:

In the middle of rewatching season 3, and we get not one, but two episodes with Bester in them! And G'Kar asking Garibaldi not to thump the Book of G'Quon.

I was hoping the blooper reel would have had an outtake of Koenig sitting in the captain's chair of the White Star, but alas. (However, Jurasik gets some really good lines.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjrShLkNJI8

It's really amazing to watch this and some of the related videos and see Richard Biggs out of character. There's just absolutely no sign that he's at all hard of hearing, let alone as deaf as he was.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He took over Master Shake's radio show for a while so he absolutely 100% would be on the Trump Train. He'd probably be on the Q-train. Less because of the global pedophile cabal but more just because he longs for the Day of the Rope.

JMS stole the "screw the electric chain, I want an electric bench" line from Doyle just talking.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I always thought that line was in reference to everybody getting “what they deserved”. Figured it was just a bitter old cop saying that everybody was an rear end in a top hat who probably deserved punishment.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
If "getting what they deserve" is a purely punitive view of justice, then sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

ultrafilter posted:

It's really amazing to watch this and some of the related videos and see Richard Biggs out of character. There's just absolutely no sign that he's at all hard of hearing, let alone as deaf as he was.
Some friends and I have been doing a weekly movie night since covid started, and one night both movies had Richard Biggs in them. It was the weirdest loving thing, most of them haven't seen B5 so it's not like it was done intentionally. He's only ever been in three movies!

(The movies were Ablaze and Miracle Mile)