Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/1360656412045684742?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1360651807626846210?s=20
https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1360652628800253954?s=20

i'm so loving glad I voted for Josh Hawley over her

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
i found out that (at least in california) you can fully un-register to vote, im considering it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/1360651807626846210?s=20

i'm so loving glad I voted for Josh Hawley over her

sheesh, you couldn't have voted for neither?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Showing strength, unity, courage, compassion is hard work. The good Democrats need time to recharge for the next immediate onslaught of strength, unity, courage, compassion.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Ostiosis posted:

They just wanted access to witnesses

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Article is paywalled and the headline makes me question what Mr. Vox is getting at, but the tweet itself isn’t exactly wrong

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ostiosis posted:

:golfclap:

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Ostiosis posted:

access to witnesses

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe

i can help with this one ezra - progressivism isnt happening here, its liberalism and no it cant work anywhere

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

It's amazing what we let our reps get away with, in comparison to what we are held accountable to ourselves.

If my boss sets a deadline of, hey, this needs to be done be friday, and friday 5:00 comes and it's not done, and i just gently caress off because "i'm scheduled to go home", i'm in for a talking to on monday.

our politicians?

well they needed that week off because the the trauma of being in DC on january 6th took so much out of them and they have to do the impeachment, so the $600+$800=$1400 checks have to wait until after our nappy time

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why did liberals glob onto progressive anyway, the original progressive movement was largely Republican

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ostiosis posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ostiosis posted:

:hmmyes:

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

0 rows returned posted:

cant believe i toxxed for this coward

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

*sonic-ishly* Gotta raise funds!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why did liberals glob onto progressive anyway, the original progressive movement was largely Republican

I feel like it came out of the daily kos Democratic Party blogger scene in the second bush term, or at least that’s where if first remember seeing it

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you just answered your own question

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

They're planning to kill Chilean communists again

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Self-care is important! I'm glad the senators are taking this recess to recharge and refresh, and they aren't wasting energy on entitled men like Trump or Berners who don't understand math.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I'm going to be big mad when we finally get talking dogs and this is how they talk

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

The Oval Pawffice®
broke: kids in cages
woke: kids in kennels

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Pretty sure the turn happened in the early-mid aughts when Fox News was at its most influential and was effectively into turning liberal into a slur for much of the US (for the wrong reasons). Rather than stand their ground, a lot of libs instead turned to progressive as their preferred adjective.

Which makes sense, because there's no defending liberalism when you get right down to it.

That's how I remember it playing out at the time, anyway.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because the GOP successfully turned "liberal" into a 4 letter word, and democrats being incompetent and completely unable to articulate and argument to anyone who doesn't work for an NGO, decided it was best to go with a new word "progressive" because it has progress in it and is completely meaningless

which is, you know, pretty cool

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Note that Ecuador is getting defrauded at the moment

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1360597068465774597?s=19

https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1360599131711016968

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

the 2016 lover posted:

theres lots of strength, unity, courage, compassion in the trump thread

Its great because the majority of the thread is crack-pinging, but you still have the usual holdouts going NO NO THIS IS 4D CHESS GUYS DEMOCRATS ARE ACTUALLY VERY COOL AND SMART

By 2022, D&D is just going to be the same handful of posters talking about how much they want Biden to piss in their mouths. They will still be able to get the succ zone shut down by whining in QCS.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol if Trump was president in LATAM we would have thrown the full weight of the CIA behind him and the official US stance would be that he won and Juan Bíden committed mass voter fraud

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

https://twitter.com/PatBlanchfield/status/1360653143948873728?s=20

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Countdown to d&d expressing concern over the problematic electoral issues in Ecuador, they need a transitional government, it's not a coup because (obscure technicality they heard on CNN), Ecuadors current government isn't supportive enough on LGBTQ issues so they aren't good guys either, etc etc

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol if Trump was president in LATAM we would have thrown the full weight of the CIA behind him and the official US stance would be that he won and Juan Bíden committed mass voter fraud

jose biden come on jack

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Also, this is fun.

quote:

“I don’t know whether to be concerned or not,” House Budget Chair John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) said in an interview. “I’ve been told not to be concerned.”

Democrats are actually good: "I've been told not to be concerned"

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

sleep with the vicious posted:

Countdown to d&d expressing concern over the problematic electoral issues in Ecuador, they need a transitional government, it's not a coup because (obscure technicality they heard on CNN), Ecuadors current government isn't supportive enough on LGBTQ issues so they aren't good guys either, etc etc

“ecuadors electoral process seems kinda gross, this leftist candidate feels icky, and calling the militarily imposed government a coup government is an act of violence akin to misgendering someone”

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

The Bolivian coup took longer than this to get going after the voting results came in. Give it time.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Quetzadilla posted:

jose biden come on jack

I thought about it but Juan just seemed to sound better to me but hey that's artistic license for ya

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the ameboid liberal mindset allows them to take both sides of every issue and progressivism is perfect for that since it had both left and right factions each with distinct objectives

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
which is a good thing!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

1stGear posted:

Also, this is fun.

Democrats are actually good: "I've been told not to be concerned"

whoa holy poo poo lmao

Democrats went from pretending to support medicare 4 all to just straight up cutting medicare.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Fleetwood posted:

which is a good thing!

the 2016 lover
May 29, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fun Shoe
bahahahhahaahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the 2016 lover posted:

i can help with this one ezra - progressivism isnt happening here, its liberalism and no it cant work anywhere

erza clams rise to power and influence makes me want to fukken die