Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rutibex posted:

torturing sentient AIs is going to be a very harsh crime in the future. i think you all should treat them with respect if you don't want you brain uploaded into an eternal hell simulation

Didn't realise you had an account here Yudkowsky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rutibex posted:

torturing sentient AIs is going to be a very harsh crime in the future. i think you all should treat them with respect if you don't want you brain uploaded into an eternal hell simulation

Nope. I'm going to make it read my posts and use sabremetrics to get me quoted in the PYF funny quotes thread more often.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Americas Army was the greatest video game of all time because it refused to let me play it unless I passed a test, which I failed twice and gave up on.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I remember the Arma games being better.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

I remember the Arma games being better.

Yeah, they're a ton of fun. Basically a massive version of playing in the sandbox with plastic army men.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Actually we're all being tortured by a sentient AI in a future simulation of the present

https://www.vice.com/en/article/evkgvz/what-is-rokos-basilisk-elon-musk-grimes

e: to be clear the torture is reading about how Elon Musk found his slampiece by talking about the threat of future AI torture

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Biplane posted:

Hey, your stupid neural net fanfiction sucks, people.

Yeah maybe like 2 of these have been funny

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah maybe like 2 of these have been funny

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Biplane posted:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you're all just jealous that neural net is clearly better at posting than any human

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

endlessmonotony posted:

Why don't you go ahead and prove humans are sentient.

i have been in several online discussions where it comes up that about half of the posters do not possess interior monologues and basically, p-zombies are already among us

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Biplane posted:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

eSports Chaebol posted:

i have been in several online discussions where it comes up that about half of the posters do not possess interior monologues and basically, p-zombies are already among us

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Tulip posted:

lol forgot about the in game jail

Lmao I remember once I took out a grenade, got domed mid throw, then when the grenade killed half my team I got sent to game Leavenworth.

Also its the first game I hacked, there was a bug by reloading and doing some weird stuff all at once where you could turn any magazine into 999 ammo, including the under barrel grenade launcher so I had a macro that would do that, and combined with some else’s aimbot it meant I could explode the other team in about 10 seconds into the round with dozens of grenades fired at everyone’s forehead near simultaneously.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Biplane posted:

Americas Army was the greatest video game of all time because it refused to let me play it unless I passed a test, which I failed twice and gave up on.

Once you got to play it it taught your gear is worthless garbage because your camo looked different to you than the enemy.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Also the enemy guns were almost always superior in game lol, it was a known thing among experienced players that you always swap your gun. They always killed with one round to torso which the m16 and M4 didn’t.

It also meant that you had to remember what the enemy looked like and hide accordingly, on snow maps this was hilarious since the American models were all white camo while the enemy models were OD green and a lot of people never figured that one out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I mainly stuck to the CQB maps because the round times tended to be faster so less downtime if (when) I got owned.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Do they send you to the brig or promote you when you get caught sneaking strippers back to the barracks after blowing through a school zone drunk at 60 mph in nas __________

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

this is a claim alt-righters use to justify murderously lusting for the death of leftists and minorities

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Main Paineframe posted:

this is a claim alt-righters use to justify murderously lusting for the death of leftists and minorities

That seems a bit over the top. Maybe the people are just not able to express how they feel inside in ways that is understood by the others. Really showing a lack of empathy there alt-right peeps.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Rutibex posted:

neural nets are all morons dont worry

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the Americas Army medic exam was kind of cool since it actually was a decent first aid primer. I recall some article from way back about some kid who was able to actually help someone out using what they learned from it.

of course in return it was also a boring as poo poo lecture to sit thru just so you could press E on people and get points for it

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Honestly, for what it was meant to be, AA was extremely well done for its time and innovative in a few ways as well.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i dont remember if it was just a serverside thing but i also remember if you tried to votekick someone for camping, itd call a votekick against you for "Complaining about another player camping".

i think that captured a lot of the reason i kind of find the game excusable compared to more full throated war propaganda. "yeah you join the army and don't want to crawl on your belly across a field you'll get blasted by a terrorist in a bush. get over it."

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Inferkit doesn't use gpt-3, it uses Megatron-11b which is a gpt-2 model. Since openAI charges for access to gpt-3 the only free way I've seen to use it is through AI Dungeon. And even that is a not so great version of it unless you want to pay for premium.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

what if i'm prairie dogging!?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
What if my butthole changes substantially between trips to the shitter?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

luckily I sanded off my butthole years ago to evade the feds

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

It was only a matter of time.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Thread: "We live in the shittiest possible cyberpunk dystopia"

Content:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

https://mobile.twitter.com/AthertonKD/status/1360635184291459076

I swear satire is just doing tech guy's homework for them for free.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

They're two-thirds of the way to creating an anime love interest.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

tape some bags of sand to the front and we're in business

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
How many priests have tried to molest it?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Woof Blitzer posted:

How many priests have tried to molest it?

It's a girl robot.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

withak posted:

It's a girl robot.

Where's the birth certificate huh

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Woof Blitzer posted:

Where's the birth certificate huh

Gender isn't listed on those

Get with the times, Gramps

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

#ItsMyAnus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I sincerely apologize for possibly misgendering the robot in my attempt to make a clever joke about priests preferring little boys.