Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Judas and the Black Messiah is the most gently caress the police movie I've seen in awhile. Extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Spoeank posted:

Ehhh nah

Back on topic it is kind of insane that Wakanda is clearly the most advanced nation on earth and they still throw ground troops at the enemy instead of developing some sort of system of drones.

We're the most advanced nation on earth and we launch nuclear missiles from a computer with less number crunching power than a Speak n' Spell

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

GD_American posted:

We're the most advanced nation on earth and we launch nuclear missiles from a computer with less number crunching power than a Speak n' Spell
:clint: Well it got us on the moon, right pardner? :clint:

*SpaceX blows up yet another test vehicle which is ?progress?*

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ever stop to think how loving insane it is that we figured out how to go to the moon with loving slide rules and less computer power than what's in a modern day sex toy

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

ever stop to think how loving insane it is that we figured out how to go to the moon with loving slide rules and less computer power than what's in a modern day sex toy

More insane that we haven't been back in almost 50 years. I'm 43 and no one has ever walked on the moon in my lifetime.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

That's math baby! Physics: it works!

What's really insane to me are the asteroid and comet probes. It's like shooting a bullet so it will hit an extremely small and fast moving target five years later.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

General Dog posted:

Why is Thanos in Endgame crueler, prouder, and less principled than he is in Infinity War? Are we to assume that his Hero’s Journey in Infinity War granted him some maturity and wisdom that the 2014 version didn’t yet have?

He hasn’t lost everything. Thanos in IW sacrificed everything and everyone to achieve his goal. 2014 Thanos had never lost nor sacrificed anyone he actually cared about.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

shirts and skins posted:

What's really insane to me are the asteroid and comet probes. It's like shooting a bullet so it will hit an extremely small and fast moving target five years later.

Yeah, Osiris-Rex still amazes me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

seiferguy posted:

Judas and the Black Messiah is the most gently caress the police movie I've seen in awhile. Extremely good.

Oh thank god someone else watched this instead of more marvel movies. It definitely didn’t pull any punches showing the police to be the racist assholes we know they are.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

shirts and skins posted:

This is crazy poo poo.

Also, we haven't been to the moon again (yet) but we have had 20+ years of continuous human occupation of LEO which is still a drat impressive feat.

CannonFodder posted:

*SpaceX blows up yet another test vehicle which is ?progress?*

Yeah, hard to see it as progress when your ships go through rapid unplanned disassembly fairly often. I can't find it now but when the InSight lander was going to land on Mars back in 2018 someone asked (I think) the Mission Director 'So you guys basically have landing on Mars down pat now yeah?' and he responded with something like 'gently caress no. Every time we land or fail, every time some one else makes an attempt, we learn new things about how to do this.'

Perseverance arrives at Mars in 4 days :science:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

Remember in Winter Soldier and Civil War when Bucky is shown to be on par with Cap and Black Panther in terms of powers, then he gets a new probably better Wakandan vibranium arm and proceeds to be the Avenger that just has a gun that shoots normal rear end bullets...

Varying powers. It’s why Wanda gets completely smacked around in the beginning of the movie but then nearly kills thanos

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Marvel is for children

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Comics are for children. Big dumb overgrown children.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

since I'm over here we've gotten news occasionally about the Hayabusa 2 program and I knew samples had returned, but didn't realize the probe collected samples on one asteroid, lifted back off, sent those samples back here to Earth (landing in Australia and requiring some coordination because COVID) and went to another asteroid to get more samples.

Space! What we need more of is Science!

also: there was a pretty sizable earthquake Saturday night Japan time. Thankfully not much is majorly hurt or damaged (though considering the epicenter was off the coast of Fukushima, there were Worries), but there are some things that need to be sorted out. Like this shop in Akihabara:

https://twitter.com/ssWB19zSo5qHXrZ/status/1360595202444988432

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

seiferguy posted:

yeah i think i'm gonna watch it today

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

merry christmas to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-Bja2Gy04

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

On that note...

https://youtu.be/vM-Bja2Gy04

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah i think i'm gonna watch it today

merry christmas to them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-Bja2Gy04

Pfffft hahahahahaha

Love this is the same wonder woman who was stopping shop lifters in an Ohio mall.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
We're living in a society!!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

shirts and skins posted:

What gets me is the Hyugens probe on Titan.

It took an elaborate flight path of going towards Venus to get a gravity boost from Venus and then Earth and then Jupiter to get the Cassini probe into a perfect Hoffman transfer of Saturn but also released Hyugens to get into a Hoffman transfer to enter atmo on Titan.

That's like being in NYC, firing a bullet at a specific special tube around Boston that sends it back to a tube around NYC that goes to a tube around Chicago that sends the bullet to Los Angeles but when it gets close the bullet releases a chunk that goes to Hollywood and lets out a little parachute so it lands on the H of the Hollywood sign.

I love this version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZC4u0clEc0

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 14, 2021

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Somebody do a gif where Belloq looks in the Ark of the covenant and the Snyder Cut trailer is playing inside of it

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m so happy the guy who made Sucker Punch was given the responsibility for the DCU, anyone remotely surprised or disappointed by the catastrophe deserves every last bit of it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Can’t wait for the 100 page discussion in CineD about how much JL sucks.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

JS knows the most important traits of a good super hero movie;

1. Serious
2. Boring
3. Sepia

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Snyder Cut is so dumb I love it so much

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

harperdc posted:

since I'm over here we've gotten news occasionally about the Hayabusa 2 program and I knew samples had returned, but didn't realize the probe collected samples on one asteroid, lifted back off, sent those samples back here to Earth (landing in Australia and requiring some coordination because COVID) and went to another asteroid to get more samples.

Space! What we need more of is Science!

also: there was a pretty sizable earthquake Saturday night Japan time. Thankfully not much is majorly hurt or damaged (though considering the epicenter was off the coast of Fukushima, there were Worries), but there are some things that need to be sorted out. Like this shop in Akihabara:

https://twitter.com/ssWB19zSo5qHXrZ/status/1360595202444988432

God really hates those rare Gokus :(

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It was fun running in (0.5" of) show for what felt like the first time in years, though downtown Dallas' love of polished concrete made that a little more tricky than expected. Also fun exchanging knowing nods with the two other dudes I saw out on the trail and watching toy dogs and their owners struggling to function.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

JS knows the most important traits of a good super hero movie;

1. Serious
2. Boring
3. Sepia

Who's JS?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Who's JS?

Joel Schumacher

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
God I can't believe Snyder dropped "we live in a society" in that trailer, it's so on-brand and I love it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There’s poo poo loads of problems with, well, everything in film but the thing I hate the most is how people in charge of huge properties troll Imgur and Reddit for memes to make their fans seal clap.

Like yeah game of thrones we get it that little girl was a hit maybe she doesn’t need to take down a zombie giant.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
From the trailer at least, it looks like it does a better job of exposition than the theatrical release. Up until the Joker reveal I was actually thinking, "okay, this may actually elevate this from a terrible movie to a mediocre one" but then that happened and welp.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I don't remember the original one, like, at all outside of a couple of scenes. Does the teamup thing really start off with Batman having a dream that the planet is going to be attacked?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

I don't remember the original one, like, at all outside of a couple of scenes. Does the teamup thing really start off with Batman having a dream that the planet is going to be attacked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kFQXDakt0I

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I think the bad guy attacks the Amazons and then Batman starts gathering his toys.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I guess if I'm being fair every time I've had a dream that included watching the Texans they've been losing in embarrassing fashion in a game they were supposed to win so dreams do have some premonitory value

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Snyder is so far up his own rear end now, which is a shame because I enjoyed his Dawn of the Dead remake.

Sucker Punch is amazingly terrible in where it's "Sexualizing women is bad and we'll show you by sexualizing women."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The scene in Batman v. Superman (the actual theatrical cut) where Batman sits down to read his emails and gets little teaser trailers for Flash/Wonder Woman/Aquaman/Cyborg is perhaps the most jaw-dropping thing I've ever seen in a major motion picture.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Appraisal came in fine! Which is a huge relief because we waived that contingency. Hey, that waiver won us the house! Full steam ahead!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/jaynooch/status/1360746216917729281?s=19

Who would do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bird in a Blender posted:

Can’t wait for the 100 page discussion in CineD about how much JL sucks.
It'll be the opposite because Snyder is an auteur who isn't definitely a weirdo Randian that only gets clout because he can shoot action scenes and literally nothing else when it comes to making a good story.