Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Gardens all finished, for now. Hoping to tidy up most of the last of the flowers today. Only one more staircase to upgrade. And Tasha's in boxes ready for a new friend tomorrow. The in-hindsight-really-insane island revamp is almost complete; I just need some more Festivale furniture to finish the market and then sort out my beaches and a couple of minor spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Beachcomber posted:

February is murder. It's always been my least favourite month despite having my birthday.

If there's anyone reading this thread who's in the Southern hemisphere or time travelling to somewhen green I'd like to humbly request an invitation.

I really wish Nook Miles tickets could take you to different climates.
Join the discord, there's a few sh islands that are open frequently. I'd be surprised if a day goes by without one being open.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Slugworth posted:

Join the discord, there's a few sh islands that are open frequently. I'd be surprised if a day goes by without one being open.

I didn't know we had one. I clicked the link and it took me...

Honestly I'm bad at discord. I must have gotten confused in my brain.

Thank you for.your kind response to my early morning malaise post.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
If anyone itt hasn't joined the discord yet and they still play AC regularly then you definitely should. I am also bad at discord but everyone is nice there

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Want a fashionable wolf in your island? AUDIE is in boxes today. She's got a great house and is a popular character from what I understand. Details in the Goon Discord! I'll be at work most of today but we can arrange for you to come get her tonight!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

In order to take someone do you need someone leaving/gone as well? Or is it like the campground where they will boot someone out?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Opps misread

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 13, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Humerus posted:

In order to take someone do you need someone leaving/gone as well? Or is it like the campground where they will boot someone out?

Yeah, you need an empty plot to adopt a villager from elsewhere.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Humerus posted:

You need an empty plot to take a villager from someone else's island. efb

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Aw darn. I got Whitney like a week ago and I wouldn't mind a new fashionable wolf but :shrug:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The odds of one of my neighbors that I don't like wanting to move at the same time someone else has one I'd like to have are just too great.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
If you have someone you want to keep with the move out bubble, when they ask to leave quit the game from the launcher so it doesn't save. Then just leave them until the thought bubble disapears. Then the next day it will usually transfer to someone else, it may take a while for it to get to someone you don't mind leaving though.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

track day bro! posted:

If you have someone you want to keep with the move out bubble, when they ask to leave quit the game from the launcher so it doesn't save. Then just leave them until the thought bubble disapears. Then the next day it will usually transfer to someone else, it may take a while for it to get to someone you don't mind leaving though.

Wait so when one of my villagers I liked wanted to leave, I could have passed that on to Derwin?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Aw, all my villagers sent me chocolates and flowers, and so did Isabelle (I assume because I'm playing as male, and presumably it would be Tom if I were playing as female?)

You guys are adorable. I think I'll giftwrap your daily coconuts today.

Time to go in search of a new friend. This is an interesting hunt because I now have at least one villager of every personality type that I really like, so there's nobody I 'need' to find. I probably don't want another smug since I have two already, but I'm not really ruling anything out.

Island types: bamboo x2, money rock, fidget spinner

Rejects: Chief, Anicotti, Maddie

Final outcome: Wolfgang. Not that I need another cranky wolf, but he looks nice, and his dialogue is different from Dobie so I think he's the other cranky subtype.

...hm, he likes black and green. Finding green things that won't clash with his blue fur could be interesting.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Black Robe posted:

(I assume because I'm playing as male, and presumably it would be Tom if I were playing as female?)

Nope, Isabelle is just a sweetheart.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

Wait so when one of my villagers I liked wanted to leave, I could have passed that on to Derwin?

Yeah it should move around but it may get stuck on one person for a few days. Last time it started on Pashmina, then was on Rosie for a few days, then Lucky and finally Gruff

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
you can also get villagers that move away if you visit the hosts island afterwards and nobody else got them. they end up stealth attaching to you and will move into the next vacant lot you have instead of a random moving in. not too sure on the mechanics of it but you know how to google

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Le BonZone's fiery rockstar Phoebe is moving away today!

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1360991734663057408?s=20

I had Alli in my campsite and she offered to replace Phoebe after a couple resets. If you want to add this feisty gal to your island, Discord is the easiest way to reach me- same name as here. She's available until 10pm Eastern.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
drat, everybody getting rid of Phoebe lately.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I saw that Phoebe was going in the discord and was thinking of asking for her (good match with Julian) but decided to try my nook luck. 2nd ticket got me TYBALT... I have no more jock on the island and I like tigers so I decided why not! I look forward to him moving in!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Gotta go to work and will play tonight- is there something particular to do with the villagers for Valentine's Day?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Gotta go to work and will play tonight- is there something particular to do with the villagers for Valentine's Day?

Wrap up some flowers and chocolate hearts to gift them.

I wasn't expecting to get presents from every single neighbor today! :3:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

It's Muffy's birthday today! She has special dialog thanking you for remembering to get something for her birthday even with all the Valentines Day stuff going on.

I feel a little bit bad about giving her the black rose heart bouquet and making it seem like a Valentines Day afterthought, but I really thought the black flowers with a purple bow would suit her!

And then, weirdest thing, talking to Kabuki who was celebrating with her, and he says "That is one big birthday cake! I sure hope Muffy saves room for Valentine's Day candy!" and a prompt came up to give him some chocolate. I've talked to all my other villagers a bunch, and while I do have chocolate for them, none of them demanded chocolate like Kabuki.

So basically... they have unique dialog and interactions for Muffy's birthday specifically? That's kind of crazy.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I didn't order any Valentine's gifts for my villagers so I regifted all of the ones I got.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffle! posted:

Wrap up some flowers and chocolate hearts to gift them.

I wasn't expecting to get presents from every single neighbor today! :3:

Chocolate hearts? Where are those found?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

So very very cute!

https://twitter.com/SmallBuStudio/status/1361032589323218952

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Chocolate hearts? Where are those found?

They were in the Seasonal tab on the Nook Shopping App. Or the machine if you don't have it yet. You can just regift the ones your neighbors send you if you like.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Waffle! posted:

They were in the Seasonal tab on the Nook Shopping App. Or the machine if you don't have it yet. You can just regift the ones your neighbors send you if you like.

Ahhh ok, thanks. Regift time!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I think I prefer balloons over chasing these feathers.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its too drat cold to dance

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

The hitboxes on the feathers are a lot more forgiving than the other floating objects, and they don't disappear instantly if you miss.

It's only taken me about an hour to get all the rainbow stuff and that absolutely hideous float. Now to try getting all the other colours.

Poor Wolfgang doesn't get to take part, he's unpacking.

also Pavé scares me a little.

e; he just told me to bring 3 more rainbow feathers for another float and I can't turn in any more feathers until I do. Dude, we've done this part already :( Maybe if I keep it in my inventory this time he won't ask again.

Black Robe fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 15, 2021

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Man, Pavé is wonderful. I wish he would stay forever. Le BonZone needs a rainbow dancing peacock as a permanent resident!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I agree. I want Pave around forever!

Are any of the Festival items customizable, or are you stuck with the color they are? I want all purple items.

I wish they were DIY items.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I agree. I want Pave around forever!

Are any of the Festival items customizable, or are you stuck with the color they are? I want all purple items.

I wish they were DIY items.

You can customize them! Need one Rainbow Feather, and you can make them any color you want!

Big :same: on the DIY, though. But then I wish all seasonal items were DIYs.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...Nope, he randomly asked me to get another three rainbow feathers for another drat float. Stupid peacock. I wasn't keeping count, I assume it's every 9 items. It's not every colour set or anything obvious like that. I don't want multiple floats, idiot birb.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Might've gone overboard a bit.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Not at all

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Beachcomber posted:

Holy shitballs, that is a lot of feathers :captainpop:

Edit: It was a little bit funny trying to do my 'dailies' while all the residents kept following me around and trying to dance up to me and whatnot.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Silver Falcon posted:

You can customize them! Need one Rainbow Feather, and you can make them any color you want!

Big :same: on the DIY, though. But then I wish all seasonal items were DIYs.

Thank you for the info! :D

I wish the stage did a bit more, like if you do a dance it would give you a big flash like Pavé's stand does.

edit: Ok I figured Tybalt wouldn't be out today for Festival since he's moving in, but Julian isn't leaving his house even though he's dressed for the occasion. Julian why :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Beachcomber posted:

I'm currently trying to grind more rainbow feathers for what will be my fourth float.

I don't actually want four floats. Nor do I want most of this stuff. But in order to get enough of the things I do want - stalls and parasols mainly - I've had to grind out enough feathers to get one of everything in every colour, near enough.

It doesn't help that blue and green feathers are much, much less common than red and purple.

Still, whining aside, this has been fun. I only hope it doesn't bugger up my predicted meteor shower later.