Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wouldnt even be a year now.

You're counting their global sales. In USA, they sold 292k in 2020. https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/tesla-inc-us-sales-figures/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Right that's what I mean. Is the credit being extended on all manufacturers regardless of where they individually are or is it only to the ones who've hit the limit

It's an extension for all manufacturers up to 600k vehicles, but for manufacturers that have already hit 200k (Tesla and GM), they get another 400k vehicles delivered in the US above wherever they are now. Basically leaves a donut hole for folks that bought after 200k and before the extension, assuming is passes as-proposed.

Also, for anyone else considering making a terrible life decision involving an e-tron GT, the US order book is out in the wild with lists of all the options packages and prices: https://pdfhost.io/v/aIwFHI085_AudiOrderGuide2022USARetail021021pdf.pdf

NJ Deac fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 11, 2021

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

They should make the 400k extension for BEVs only, that'll give GM the ability to take full advantage of the credits.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

MrYenko posted:

What the actual gently caress, BMW?

No seriously WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress, BMW?

:wtc:

It's like all the bad design cues of the past five years got into a room and some BMW exec went "Ja, das ist gut."

It's the China market I've been told. Have to make it CLEAR that you're driving a Beemer.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Al they have to do is take the M3 body and put batteries in the floor.

BMW did sell an electric Model 1 for a time. I saw one once and talked to the owner. She was an SDG&E employee.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

MrYenko posted:

What the actual gently caress, BMW?

No seriously WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress, BMW?

:wtc:

It's like all the bad design cues of the past five years got into a room and some BMW exec went "Ja, das ist gut."

Bringing this back just to say this is objectively awful but there’s some good things. I know it’s just a tender but the front says to me they’re serious about bringing the CSL homage design language to real cars and that’s a good thing.

I also wouldn’t count on this thing being accurate.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kronix posted:

Bringing this back just to say this is objectively awful but there’s some good things. I know it’s just a tender but the front says to me they’re serious about bringing the CSL homage design language to real cars and that’s a good thing.

I also wouldn’t count on this thing being accurate.

Have you met the modern BMW? If anything, the grilles will be bigger on the real thing.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

So, I'd like to know more about the technical specs of the 2.4kw onboard power generation on the new Ford Transit EV. Things like available voltage outputs, duty cycle, max continuous output, overload protection... What's the best way of finding that info? Just simply send an email to Ford? Speak to a Ford commercial vehicle dealer? Other?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sounds like a standard 120v20a outlet, honestly.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Finger Prince posted:

So, I'd like to know more about the technical specs of the 2.4kw onboard power generation on the new Ford Transit EV. Things like available voltage outputs, duty cycle, max continuous output, overload protection... What's the best way of finding that info? Just simply send an email to Ford? Speak to a Ford commercial vehicle dealer? Other?

I don’t think specifics on it are available yet. Im certainly interested in finding out the same info asap, but I wouldn’t expect any answers till much closer to launch.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0WARGFZL0

Bit more in depth of the 1400hp Mach-E

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ops5qBV5GhQ

James May and the Lotus Evija

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

MrYenko posted:

Sounds like a standard 120v20a outlet, honestly.

Since this happens to be exactly 2.4kW, I bet it's this, one NEMA 5-20 double outlet.

I don't see mitch utility too anything else.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

1) The doors are hilarious
2) It’s a shame he couldn’t drive the car.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
nope

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 6, 2022

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Man, I really wish I could show you some of the testing videos Rivian has of their new drive modes. Next week they plan on releasing them on YouTube.

Am I wrong in my hopes that they wipe the floor with Land Rover and Hummer?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

Am I wrong in my hopes that they wipe the floor with Land Rover and Hummer?

I have extremely high hopes that we will. We have poured millions into R&D for off-roading. We also have 4 motors and monitor each wheel for slip independently. We can also turn each wheel in any direction independent of the others (hence the tank turn video.)

We also have a drift mode. :pcgaming:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

600HP eco mode :haw:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

DoomTrainPhD posted:

I have extremely high hopes that we will. We have poured millions into R&D for off-roading. We also have 4 motors and monitor each wheel for slip independently. We can also turn each wheel in any direction independent of the others (hence the tank turn video.)

We also have a drift mode. :pcgaming:

This poo poo's gonna revolutionize offroading, it's all the benefits of a full locker setup, plus more, and none of the downsides.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Elviscat posted:

This poo poo's gonna revolutionize offroading, it's all the benefits of a full locker setup, plus more, and none of the downsides.

We are pushing these things up 30%+ inclines without issues right now. It's pretty sweet.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Has any testing been done with running DOT drag radials on the R1T or S? For the climb tests, is it done using the stock A/T tire option (BFG KO2's)?

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Model 3 test drive report: sweet Jesus that acceleration. I test drove a long range model and despite owning two EVs, that legitimately blew me away. I can definitely feel the extra weight over my Volt and Bolt, and the tighter suspension. The car is pretty fun to drive regardless, and everything being on the middle screen is a near instantaneous adjustment for me. I took it into my workplace's empty parking lot and did some tight turns, it's really fun for those, but I was overcorrecting pretty hard. The one pedal is also tuned really well IMO.

The weird thing was the blinkers. I'm not sure how to feel about them returning to center when you toggle them on, but I'm sure it's not a big deal once you're used to them. I still don't completely trust autopilot, but it was drat cool watching it turn on its own.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Westy543 posted:

Model 3 test drive report: sweet Jesus that acceleration. I test drove a long range model and despite owning two EVs, that legitimately blew me away. I can definitely feel the extra weight over my Volt and Bolt, and the tighter suspension. The car is pretty fun to drive regardless, and everything being on the middle screen is a near instantaneous adjustment for me. I took it into my workplace's empty parking lot and did some tight turns, it's really fun for those, but I was overcorrecting pretty hard. The one pedal is also tuned really well IMO.

The weird thing was the blinkers. I'm not sure how to feel about them returning to center when you toggle them on, but I'm sure it's not a big deal once you're used to them. I still don't completely trust autopilot, but it was drat cool watching it turn on its own.
Yes it is a muscle car, next try it with acceleration boost and or the full blown performance 3, those will really put a smile on your face.

The blinkers is a good observation though, even after months I still am not the biggest fan of how it behaves. It works, I'm not turning into a BMW driver any time soon, but I do miss the feedback a traditional indicator stalk has.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
As a Model3 Dual Motor owner: Do not buy a Tesla. Yes, they are fast, but after you get used to the acceleration, you will have a car that has a mediocre interior, horrific build quality, and terrible customer service. Also, you will be making Musk richer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

Has any testing been done with running DOT drag radials on the R1T or S? For the climb tests, is it done using the stock A/T tire option (BFG KO2's)?

Stock tires afaik

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

DoomTrainPhD posted:

As a Model3 Dual Motor owner: Do not buy a Tesla. Yes, they are fast, but after you get used to the acceleration, you will have a car that has a mediocre interior, horrific build quality, and terrible customer service. Also, you will be making Musk richer.

I'm hoping we hear more about the new Korean models soon, because I think they're the closest to matching Tesla for charging performance and efficiency right now, with relatively mainstream models.
The more the better though. Toyota said they're making 2 new models but didn't say what.
Oh and of course I'm excited to see the Rivian, but I'm not a truck guy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Charles posted:

I'm hoping we hear more about the new Korean models soon, because I think they're the closest to matching Tesla for charging performance and efficiency right now, with relatively mainstream models.
The more the better though. Toyota said they're making 2 new models but didn't say what.
Oh and of course I'm excited to see the Rivian, but I'm not a truck guy.

There’s also a SUV! But yeah, a sedan is definitely in the pipeline, I’m just not sure when.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Do you have any cars you're planning to trade your Model 3 in for? I think you mentioned, but I forgot.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

Westy543 posted:

Do you have any cars you're planning to trade your Model 3 in for? I think you mentioned, but I forgot.

Probably a Rivian since he works there.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Don't worry, as a Rivian employee you'll surely get one of the first of their production cars to replace it :sun:

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Thank you for making me feel better about not pulling the trigger on an M3P a couple of years back. That was my exact concern.

BMW has always gone above and beyond not only fixing issues they didn’t need to but always gave me loaners so I could get to work, even paying for Ubers both ways. I wasn’t convinced Tesla would do the same.

I just wish I could afford a Taycan, here’s hoping the i4 doesn’t suck.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shamino posted:

Probably a Rivian since he works there.

A volt in the intermittent

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wibla posted:

Don't worry, as a Rivian employee you'll surely get one of the first of their production cars to replace it :sun:

lol hell no. Not until they ipo and I cash out.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Bolt EUV and gen 2 Bolt EV reveal at 4pm eastern today. I'll post info as available. There's a Q&A? after at 5 with their engineering team.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

A volt in the intermittent

Hell yeah, I love mine right now.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Westy543 posted:

Bolt EUV and gen 2 Bolt EV reveal at 4pm eastern today. I'll post info as available. There's a Q&A? after at 5 with their engineering team.

Hell yeah, I love mine right now.

I had a gen 1 and loved that car until my stepdaughter learned the hard lesson of “green light != green arrow” (she's fine, the car was totalled though. :smith:

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/RJScaringe/status/1360622179730157577?s=19

https://twitter.com/RJScaringe/status/1359742073910353922?s=19

These the vids?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Yeah. Some of the internal vids show cool suspension issues as well! It’s really a great learning process for the engineers and this thing is going to be incredible off road.

Edit: those were before the latest software update released on Friday. Which includes different terrain modes.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 14, 2021

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Negative juice consumption picking up my girlfriend yesterday (descending from 1700m to 500m élévation. Still cool though!)

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Looking forward to see what the new Ioniq brand reveals on Tuesday. The "5" is supposed to be announced, and the Kia twin "CV5" should be close behind.

Right now waffling between picking up an ID4 1st (there are still some left at dealers here), the much better equipped but smaller and ICE car based e-Niro (ventilated seats!), or hold out for a little while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Right now waffling between picking up an ID4 1st (there are still some left at dealers here), the much better equipped but smaller and ICE car based e-Niro (ventilated seats!), or hold out for a little while longer.

:same:

Are they actually doing a thing tuesday? I haven't seen anything about that--the only thing I've seen for dates for reveal were the video where they had a date that they pulled down and replaced with a much more vague time

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Feb 14, 2021