Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well that looks fine, I guess. Probably would have been better if JL hadn't already been released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Arist posted:

When does Superman confirm that? Because I don't remember that at all, and the Knightmare makes no sense if it's actually supposed to be a premonition about Superman.
BvS Ultimate Edition: 1 hour, 9 minutes in

Superman: "She was my world. And you took her from me"

Following scene is the Flash

"BRUCE, BRUCE! LISTEN TO ME NOW! IT'S LOIS, LOIS LANE she's the key! You were right about him, you were always right about him... fear him."

My guess is the Flashdream is misdirection. It's not Superman that Bruce needs to fear, but instead it's Darkseid.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Thought it was probably something only from the Ultimate Edition, ugh

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's literally text from the regular theatrical edition, everyone was just so whiplashed from the Knightmare/Flash/Dream double fake-out that they forgot about it. :smith:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, okay then

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not what ultimate means, drat it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

bessantj posted:

Well that looks fine, I guess. Probably would have been better if JL hadn't already been released.
That, and the fact that this movie isn't going to be followed up with anything

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I came here to suggest a society thread title and it’s already been done, god bless

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I came here to suggest a society thread title and it’s already been done, god bless

Cined thread and here have matching names :3:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I can not believe how bad cyborg looks in motion. I had no idea.

Doom patrol cyborg looks so much better

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't think he looks that bad but I feel kind of bad because I know Ray Fisher got tremendously screwed over but it's going to be hard for him to get me as invested as DP Cyborg. I hope he turns a good enough performance to get people noticing him but honestly Doom Patrol fits Cyborg so well it's a shock to me nobody thought of the combo before.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
When is Doom Patrol coming back?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr Hootington posted:

Lot of it looks bad; like the shot of Darkseid walking

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

When is Doom Patrol coming back?

No idea. I know COVID wrecked it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Covid couldn't stop the Snyder cut but it stopped so many good tv shows....

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They started shooting in January.

So around June at the earliest depending on covid, HBO Max release plans etc.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

No idea. I know COVID wrecked it.

Yeah didn't even get the season finale!

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
That generally looked like the same story I already saw, with a lot more style. I don't like the style though, it reminds me too much of 300 and the visual noisiness of the Transformers movies, which I always found unpleasant. That line reading by Jared Leto was such... nothing. Can't believe they spent effort to shoot that as brand new footage. I'll admit I'm curious to see this, to see the differences from the original version, but I despise the idea of watching movies in pieces and yet the thought of spending nearly 4 hours on something I'm uninvested in doesn't sound appealing. I figure the funniest parts will get posted here or on twitter in clips. I dunno, I wish this either actually got me pumped or looked hilariously terrible enough for me to settle in for a night of laughs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah it's definitely way less generic looking but the genericness has been replaced with a style I don't actually like.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

So, Batman's gonna kill the Joker at the end of that scene right? This is a Batman that loves killing PLUS it is in a post apocalyptic world so all bets are off PLUS it is the Joker, who is several orders more evil than Merc #3 who Bats pancaked in BvS PLUS it is the Jared Leto Joker and no one wants him to get out of the film alive.

Do it Snyder!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's after Superman fixed Batman's murder lust, dummy.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

That didn't even stick five mins until he got to the warehouse, that's like when I say I'm gonna take 100 days off drinking, and then last a couple of weekends.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Karloff posted:

PLUS it is the Jared Leto Joker and no one wants him

well this part is accurate.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Karloff posted:

That didn't even stick five mins until he got to the warehouse, that's like when I say I'm gonna take 100 days off drinking, and then last a couple of weekends.

He only killed some of them, cold turkey is difficult.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Karloff posted:

So, Batman's gonna kill the Joker at the end of that scene right?
No, it's either
Joker is a survivor of the Darkseid invasion and is getting by/part of whatever underground there is, or Joker sets Bats up for the Green Bulb escapade from BvS's Knightmare that ends with him captured by Superman

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Karloff posted:

So, Batman's gonna kill the Joker at the end of that scene right? This is a Batman that loves killing PLUS it is in a post apocalyptic world so all bets are off PLUS it is the Joker, who is several orders more evil than Merc #3 who Bats pancaked in BvS PLUS it is the Jared Leto Joker and no one wants him to get out of the film alive.

Do it Snyder!

Batman gonna be like...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just think.....in two months from now this will all be over :allears:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I look forward to scavenging the Knightmare wastelands with ya

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

:laffo:

People still talk about BvS and MoS. Face it, there's going to be Snyder discourse until the heat death of the universe

:getin:

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

What? I have a felling the Snyder cut will be fueling internet shouting matches for years to come.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

We'll never stop until we truly uncover what it means to live in a society.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Even if the discourse is worse than it is now, I'll take that "informed" discussion over people just making things up about a product that doesn't (up til now) exist.

MH Knights posted:

What? I have a felling the Snyder cut will be fueling internet shouting matches for years to come.

To your point, I guarantee that we'll see the goalpost instantly moved to "WELL if it wasn't a pandemic then they'd have give more money and gotten the actors together and actually shot new scenes" and that'll be the hallmark. It got CLOSE to Synder's vision, but without that it won't ever be what he ACTUALLY intended.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What do you mean, doesn't exist?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there will be maybe a week of decent discussion and then years of snyder stans who invested themselves so fully over many years defending the idea of it they are psychologically incapable of admitting any fault in the final product otherwise they would collapse vs people who have hated the idea of it for the same amount of time and it being bad was a foregone conclusion before they even sat down to watch it.

and they will butt heads for eternity

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Bongo Bill posted:

What do you mean, doesn't exist?

Obviously Joker didn't say "We live in a society" and he won't in the movie either.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm still not going to watch JLA. The new trailer and everyone's reactions validate this.

Edit: it all looks like absolute rear end too. gently caress it looks awful

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gatts posted:

Batman gonna be like...

That frown is like a Carlos Ezquerra drawing come to life ...

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Why is this so square

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

Why is this so square

1.66:1 IMAX aspect ratio. Was announced ages ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1.66:1 isn't square at all. Do a little math, that's 16.6:10. You've seen 16:10, haven't you?

Everything you have seen is square because nearly all of the promo material is being released in the 4:3 it was originally shot at.

Why, nobody knows.