Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

starring Barry Fitzgerald’s hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Gams fully on display right on the movie poster!

Manifisto

Teddy Thunders posted:

I dunno if I want my bf to watch this, there might be a butt or even an weiner in this!!!!

Buttchocks posted:

Gams fully on display right on the movie poster!

demand to know this film's bq, wq, and gq

ty nesamdoom!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Dick Tracy has begun! http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

there are eight million naked people in the city

I have been one of them

ty nesamdoom!

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
That was a really good, exciting movie!

Heather Papps

hello friend

did not expect a small window into the world of pre cable professional wrestling but i am glad i did

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Heather Papps posted:

did not expect a small window into the world of pre cable professional wrestling but i am glad i did

It peeked into a million little places (literally with some of those high-up views). I think of this movie whenever anybody calls photography "voyeuristic".

Sig by Heather Papps

hbag

when i say WHEN are we going to watch the timeless classic "big freaking rat"?

no i am not taking the piss that is a real movie

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

biosterous

if you find a copy on youtube that's not super region-restricted then by all means please host it some night, that seems like a good dumb movie to watch with pals :buddy:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

hbag

biosterous posted:

if you find a copy on youtube that's not super region-restricted then by all means please host it some night, that seems like a good dumb movie to watch with pals :buddy:

best ive got so far is a copy i torrented from a private tracker
will try to find a youtube copy though

----------------

BoldFrankensteinMir

Yeah please, host additional nights, with whatever services you want. This thread can serve as hub, if you end up wanting to do something regular I'll add it to the OP.

Heather Papps

hello friend

when i was in university a friend and i would do bad movie nites. i remember them very fondly, and giant rats were our starting point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccObjX2yVQg
oddly fully on youtube.

rodent month?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Definitely rodent month. I have a documentary on bats I've been meaning to show.

hbag

if i manage to find a copy of the movie im looking for, does it have to be on youtube, or are other video hosting platforms cool, too?

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Definitely rodent month. I have a documentary on bats I've been meaning to show.

Would you, say, consider releasing the bats? Perhaps with a short musical interlude by The Birthday Party?

Manifisto

Definitely rodent month.

that's right, woodchuck-chuckers, it's . . .

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hbag posted:

if i manage to find a copy of the movie im looking for, does it have to be on youtube, or are other video hosting platforms cool, too?

So psp-tv works best with YouTube videos or streaming from desktop via OBS and your preferred method of video streaming.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

that's right, woodchuck-chuckers, it's . . .

TRUCK MONTH

hbag

Teddy Thunders posted:

So psp-tv works best with YouTube videos or streaming from desktop via OBS and your preferred method of video streaming.

i dunno if id be able to stream the movie myself due to my lovely internet and timezone differences but i could supply a copy of the movie to someone else who can do that

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

there is something so right about using a website designed to show wrestling and fighting(?) to watch and discuss noir films

BoldFrankensteinMir

YouTube is what works for PSP-tv, the offsite syncing site we use, but there's probably lots of other options out there. I just post a link at showtime, it's really primitive actually.

Edit: gently caress, beaten like detective shoe leather!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i suspect but have not confirmed that if someone wanted to they could upload a film to youtube as a private/unlisted video and we could then stream from there BUT we've never tried. limitations are fun sometimes?

hbag

YouTube is what works for PSP-tv, the offsite syncing site we use, but there's probably lots of other options out there. I just post a link at showtime, it's really primitive actually.

Edit: gently caress, beaten like detective shoe leather!

teddy said it also works with desktop streaming, and i do have a copy of the movie (or at least know where to find one), so would that work, too? i can send the movie to whoever, and they can stream it via OBS

----------------

Manifisto

Heather Papps posted:

i suspect but have not confirmed that if someone wanted to they could upload a film to youtube as a private/unlisted video and we could then stream from there BUT we've never tried. limitations are fun sometimes?

I am not an extensive youtube uploader but in my limited experience the automatic copyrighted content checker does a decent job, you'd probably have to modify the film somewhat just to upload the darn thing

ty nesamdoom!

hbag

Manifisto posted:

I am not an extensive youtube uploader but in my limited experience the automatic copyrighted content checker does a decent job, you'd probably have to modify the film somewhat just to upload the darn thing

gonna upload the movie except every five minutes it jump cuts to an anti-piracy ad

----------------

hbag

hbag posted:

gonna upload the movie except every five minutes it jump cuts to an anti-piracy ad

actually gently caress that sounds funny i want to actually do that now

----------------

treasure bear

Heather Papps posted:

paging treasure bear for confirmation

yes + some have extra

BoldFrankensteinMir

We've had mixed luck with Archive.org too, it works okay with shorts but features have latency problems. Poor poor archive, the little non-profit that could (prevent a digital dark age)

I do not have any idea how to host your film, though. Sorry.

hbag

well, lemme know if anyone figures this out

----------------

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
I am so sorry I demanded a noir month then disappeared. Been going through stuff. Hope it isn't a bother for anyone.

Prof. Crocodile

Bright Bart posted:

I am so sorry I demanded a noir month then disappeared. Been going through stuff. Hope it isn't a bother for anyone.

it has been great. a couple great movies and a couple of remarkable stinkers. and of course Dick Tracy is always a thrill ride.

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof

Prof. Crocodile posted:

it has been great. a couple great movies and a couple of remarkable stinkers. and of course Dick Tracy is always a thrill ride.

NGL, Dick Tracy has been amazing

BoldFrankensteinMir

Tonight! At 4pm PST 7pm EST midnight GMT, join us in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another Coupons & Deals movie nite!

It's still Film Noir February, so this week's carefully chosen riffing-target is: 1949's Impact:

I don't have much insight on this one outside the usuals- I haven't seen it yet and there doesn't seem to be too much historically important about it other than that it is an early adopter of product placement. For that reason and for that awesome poster it's enough to be a viable Coupons & Deals movie, but it also synergizes nicely with next week's movie, which will be revealed after the show!

And, starting a half hour before showtime, episodes 9 and 10 of Dick Tracy vs Crime INC!

See you there friends! Stay warm!

Sig by Heather Papps

Heather Papps

hello friend

the film that drove font maniacs wild

BoldFrankensteinMir

It's the prequel to Deep Impact (no it isn't)

Sig by Heather Papps

Pigsfeet on Rye

I'm meat on the hoof
Was there a sequel called "Thud"?

Goons Are Gifts

this is going to be great

yeah, I mean the movie, I am confident in the supreme quality here

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Tonight! At 4pm PST 7pm EST midnight GMT, join us in http://psp-tv.com/r/BYOBmovies for another Coupons & Deals movie nite!

It's still Film Noir February, so this week's carefully chosen riffing-target is: 1949's Impact:

I don't have much insight on this one outside the usuals- I haven't seen it yet and there doesn't seem to be too much historically important about it other than that it is an early adopter of product placement. For that reason and for that awesome poster it's enough to be a viable Coupons & Deals movie, but it also synergizes nicely with next week's movie, which will be revealed after the show!

And, starting a half hour before showtime, episodes 9 and 10 of Dick Tracy vs Crime INC!

See you there friends! Stay warm!

Well Arthur Lubin directed the "Francis the Talking Mule" series (and created Mr. Ed.) so I am eagerly expecting some talking animal action. Also the not-bad thriller Footsteps in the Fog in which only people talk. Ella Raines was in several noir movies I've liked a lot though so I'm sure at the very least she'll be good-ish in it?

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

How Wonderful! posted:

Well Arthur Lubin directed the "Francis the Talking Mule" series (and created Mr. Ed.) so I am eagerly expecting some talking animal action. Also the not-bad thriller Footsteps in the Fog in which only people talk. Ella Raines was in several noir movies I've liked a lot though so I'm sure at the very least she'll be good-ish in it?

Super neat! Thank you, that is the best fun fact possible, the creator of Mr. Ed!

This MIGHT be an okay movie, I really don't know, but, funny title, product placement, Mr. Ed? An educated guess says cheesy, we'll find out. Ella Raines will be good regardless.

Sig by Heather Papps