Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

The manga ending isn’t a whole lot better in my opinion and was starting to run out of steam by the end (if I remember right the final chapter is literally just setup for a bad pun).

Ignoring the ending, the manga diverges significantly after the Battle for the Brew, and I think it's very much worthwhile to read those arcs, not only for the differences in plot, but also for the expanded role of various characters, including the side students Oxford and Kim, or all of the Death Scythes, and more complete character arcs for characters like Kid and Crona.

And even then the ending honestly isn't that bad, I'd just argue it feels a bit rushed and like one plot thread got dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Julias posted:

Ignoring the ending, the manga diverges significantly after the Battle for the Brew, and I think it's very much worthwhile to read those arcs, not only for the differences in plot, but also for the expanded role of various characters, including the side students Oxford and Kim, or all of the Death Scythes, and more complete character arcs for characters like Kid and Crona.

And even then the ending honestly isn't that bad, I'd just argue it feels a bit rushed and like one plot thread got dropped.

Fair. Come to think of it, did Kim even APPEAR in the anime version (I know she was in NOT at least)?

Also I forget, what was the dropped plot thread you mentioned?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

RIP to the Astolfo cosplayer with a huge schlong. Slain by the anti brigade. 😔 😔 😔
i'm willing to give him a massage too

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Fair. Come to think of it, did Kim even APPEAR in the anime version (I know she was in NOT at least)?

Also I forget, what was the dropped plot thread you mentioned?

She is in the anime, but like a lot of the side characters of the school, they don't really get fleshed out much or integrate into the main plot at all, unlike in the manga.

The dropped plot thread thing is moreso speculation rather than anything concrete, but before they characters went to the moon, Maka's dad gave her a ring, and it seemed like it was being set up for her to give that ring to Crona, but nothing happens with the ring at all. You could also probably argue that the Noah stuff feels anticlimatic/unfinished as well

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

RIP to the Astolfo cosplayer with a huge schlong. Slain by the anti brigade. 😔 😔 😔

what the...

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh no

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Oh no.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy87Z3T9BcU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy87Z3T9BcU

edit: oh no!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

haha owned

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I would say Shueisha is your best bet, or Viz as a gobetween.

Thanks. I guess I'll try them although I have no idea how to word it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Your av slaps real hard. :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now that I'm done with Cyber Shadow I need to get back to Omori.....

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Omori is a very good game with a very good style

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
drat that is a good av

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Saagonsa posted:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
was princess prinicpal any good? youtube thought I should listen to the soundtrack and I liked it.

Saagonsa posted:

If it wasn't kinda a spoiler, Aubrey tagging Kel in Faraway would be great av material.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 15, 2021

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Wark Say posted:

oh that one? its okay, i guess

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Acerbatus posted:

was princess prinicpal any good? youtube thought I should listen to the soundtrack and I liked it.

it's alright, couple of weak eps but the cast is fun and it has a decent ending

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Ibram Gaunt posted:

he dropped his monster can that he used on his magnum dong

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

finally

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

me 10 years ago (fool): mechs would be super inefficient and overly expensive war machines that are only good at looking cool and therefore would never be made by the military, gundam is dumb

me today: mechs would be super inefficient and overly expensive war machines that are only good at looking cool and therefore would absolutely be made by the military, gundam is genius

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Militaries around the world are like working on powerarmor and exoskeletons.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

an iron man suit is not a mech

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Stexils posted:

me 10 years ago (fool): mechs would be super inefficient and overly expensive war machines that are only good at looking cool and therefore would never be made by the military, gundam is dumb

me today: mechs would be super inefficient and overly expensive war machines that are only good at looking cool and therefore would absolutely be made by the military, gundam is genius

One of the more surreal aspects of the world is that seemingly outlandish works of fiction often are more mundane than what actually happens. I thought Tiger King was an anime when I first saw it trending without knowing anything else and tbh I’m still halfway convinced that it’s a live actually adaptation of an anime.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
half of some of the best gundam shows is jokes about how stupid gundam characters are

there's a guy in zz gundam who makes a big robot out of scrap with a cockpit that can rotate around the waist of the robot, and throughout the fight he brags about how useful his moveable cockpit is, and the thing that ultimately defeats him is that he gets dizzy from spinning his cockpit around so much

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i like when the zz gundam itself is introduced and mashymre watches it go through its big transformation sequence and he just angrily shouts "I DON'T CARE HOW IMPRESSIVE YOUR MACHINERY IS." as he. stands still and lets it finish transforming.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Aki-lucky is as amazing on rewatch as it was the first time

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i like when the zz gundam itself is introduced and mashymre watches it go through its big transformation sequence and he just angrily shouts "I DON'T CARE HOW IMPRESSIVE YOUR MACHINERY IS." as he. stands still and lets it finish transforming.

Interrupting transformations is poor form. This is just as true in mecha anime as it is in magical girl anime.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

which was great in db super

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmUmtJwmzFs

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s funny that Dragonball of all things has three separate instances of someone getting sucker punched for taking too long to attack/talking too long in a fight.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol someone picked up the ultranationalist yakuza manga by the crying freeman artist and hokuto no ken writer

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Plutonis posted:

crying freeman

only anime I regret ever watching.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Mister Facetious posted:

Masters Of The Martial Hearts for me

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Mister Facetious posted:

I can't believe I wasted my time on Yashahime. What a loving clusterfuck

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Mister Facetious posted:

I have never felt like a show was more actively hostile and disrespectful of its audiences time and attention than Eureka Seven AO, myself

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

is yashahime bad

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Aurora posted:

is yashahime bad

It's kinda blah.

Unrelatedly, suppose I want to release a scanlation. How do I do it, these days?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

post it on various manga sharing sites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I have never felt like a show was more actively hostile and disrespectful of its audiences time and attention than Eureka Seven AO, myself

This was the one I was gonna name. I can still remember when the credits rolled on the last episode and it dawned on me that I completely wasted my time on that show