Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Can’t believe I slept on La Mulana 2. Game owns and the music is loving great. Like 8 hours in and so far it seems like the puzzles are mostly self contained within the levels but I’m sure that will change eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Muk Dumpster posted:

Turok is garbage, especially 2

:wrong:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rocket Pan posted:

Uhh... Thanks? I mean at least you're honest but I'm not sure it's proper to just tell someone their game is garbage directly to them.

Some goons if they can't be an abrasive rear end in a top hat at least once an hour their dick just falls right off

I can remember having a lot of fun playing Turok on the N64. Not my genre generally but it was different enough to hold my interest

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Sorry do I need to throw IMO on the end of everything

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I still remember getting Turok 2, the ram expansion, and an atomic purple controller and the drive home from the mall, pretty sweet day as a 14 year old. I also remember getting lost af in the one level with the underground tunnels.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Turok was fun. I remember the first few level layouts to this day. Very atmospheric and scary, in its way.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Muk Dumpster posted:

it's still kind of lovely to just immediately throw that out when someone posts about working on the port of something for the switch and whatever else

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Muk Dumpster posted:

The most common format is to type "lmao" a lot in random places of your post and then accuse people of being mad when they agree with some of your points.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Tbh i just saw turok and it triggered my feelings for it at childhood, I didn't even see the tweet was the same guy

Still don't like turok

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Muk Dumpster posted:

Can't a guy just leak a multiplayer crossplay announcement in peace? D:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Muk Dumpster posted:

Tbh i just saw turok and it triggered my feelings for it at childhood, I didn't even see the tweet was the same guy

Still don't like turok

Seek counseling for your weirdly reflexive attitude.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
No

I rented it based of this review, and got lost in the first level, now im mad still

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

counterpoint: Turok 2 is amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed 100%'ing the Steam port.

FYI the remaster has some additional help for navigating the huge levels.

also give Turok 3 and Rage Wars, pls

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The level design of Turok 2 really sucks and it asks you to do way too much bullshit instead of just actually playing the game as a shooter. It's basically a FPS with backtracking and obscure and uneven mission objectives.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Muk Dumpster posted:

Depends on the thread. Not in this one, I think.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

On the other hand, Muk isn't necessarily directing their anger and ire towards the remake, if they never found the game fun to begin with.

Rocket Pan, you and your team do wonderful work, even if not all of the games you've worked on and released were my kind of thing.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Was Turok 2 MP fun though? I never got to try it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I don't remember ever playing 2 MP, Rage Wars though... good times

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Social Animal posted:

Was Turok 2 MP fun though? I never got to try it.
Yes.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

On the other hand, Muk isn't necessarily directing their anger and ire towards the remake, if they never found the game fun to begin with.

Exactly, ive never played the remake, with improved graphics, framerate and being less confusing im sure its better but this anger is aimed at the OG

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sorry, I couldn't see your answer through all of the fog, you'll have to get closer.

Like, a lot closer.

No, more.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Turok 2's biggest hurdle is The Lair of the Blind Ones. Everything around that is really good. What kills me is how incredibly unfun the Primagen fight is.

I am hype for the multiplayer!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Turok comics > Turok games

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Mister Facetious posted:

Sorry, I couldn't see your answer through all of the fog, you'll have to get closer.

Like, a lot closer.

No, more.

It's prehistoric dinosaur fog :colbert:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Turok Turok 2
Turok Turok 2
Turok Turok 2
da da da

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

Turok Turok 2
Turok Turok 2
Turok Turok 2
da da da

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i just want wind waker hd out of it and don't give a gently caress about anything else

maybe some botw2 news would be nice too i guess

put link between worlds on the swittch

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Muk Dumpster posted:

Turok is garbage, especially 2

Rocket Pan posted:

Uhh... Thanks? I mean at least you're honest but I'm not sure it's proper to just tell someone their game is garbage directly to them.
Holy poo poo lol I cringed so bad

I never played any of the Turoks but adding online multi to an N64 rerelease is cool as hell tbh.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

a.lo posted:

put link between worlds on the swittch
Yeah. And have hard mode unlocked from the beginning this time. I played it right after replaying LTTP and despite it being a solid game I was bummed out at how trivial it was in comparison, and there was no way I was gonna immediately go through it again just to see what it would be like if it were at all challenging.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
HOLY loving poo poo

https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/1360719485028560900?s=21

HOLY poo poo THE JAPANESE PHEONIX WRIGHT GAMES ARE FINALLY COMING

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bees x1000 posted:

I'll take one (1) Oracles double pack with some basic emulation QoL features for $15, please and thank you.

These are not very good games. I've been struggling maintaining interest trying to replay them, they really lack a lot of the charm and style of Link's Awakening or Link to the Past. Being not good Zeldas, means they are still good games, but I'd rather something different.

Namely a chance to try Skyward Sword, but in all honesty let me replay Wind Waker.

Al-Saqr posted:

HOLY loving poo poo

Wait so how many are they and where do they fit in what we've gotten? Is that even Phoenix?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wait so how many are they and where do they fit in what we've gotten? Is that even Phoenix?

There's 2 games, they're a spinoff series set in roughly Meiji/Victorian times, so it's his great (great?) grandfather.

(And I believe that's Sherlock Holmes on the left)

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 15, 2021

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

100YrsofAttitude posted:

These are not very good games. I've been struggling maintaining interest trying to replay them, they really lack a lot of the charm and style of Link's Awakening or Link to the Past. Being not good Zeldas, means they are still good games, but I'd rather something different.

eh, Awakening holds a ton of nostalgia for me and the Oracles are similar enough that I want to play them some more.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Al-Saqr posted:

HOLY loving poo poo

...to Taiwan.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

the oracle games aren't great but they're still a hell of a lot better than everything nintendo made in the series from twilight princess up until they got their poo poo back together with link between worlds.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the oracle games aren't great but they're still a hell of a lot better than everything nintendo made in the series from twilight princess up until they got their poo poo back together with link between worlds.

I'd argue that they're actually very similar to TP, in that it's very blatant that you need "X" item from dungeon to cross to a new area. And the dungeons are pretty much the only place the item serves a purpose.

The dungeons aren't bad, it's more the overworld that's very tiresome.

Both LttP and LA had this issue but it was far more subtle about it I'd say. LttP is rather open-ended after a point, and LA just oozes charm so even if your progression is gated by an item it still feels like a strange journey. It has a ton of little episodes outside of the dungeons that moves things forward. The Oracle game's interstitials really don't keep you engaged. The music's not as sharp but the game's play well-enough. There's a bit of bloat, particularly with the rings and blue seeds, that's inconvenient but that's to be expected.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GreatGreen posted:

Turok Turok 2
Turok Turok 2
Turok Turok 2
da da da

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RillAkBea posted:

It is. Trouble with the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle estate was the big blocker in the west getting these. From my understanding they're renaming him to get around that.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Does the Breath of the Wild DLC ever go on sale? I've had my Switch since March and don't think I've seen it go on sale once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

Or rather Herlock Sholmes if last year's capcom leak is still accurate.

Quackles posted:

...to Taiwan.
Asia region console games are basically always in English and they hit at the same time as western releases (these days, anyway; you used to get weird stuff like the og Demon's Souls getting a 100% English version for that market 6+ months before it was even announced for the US)