Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Bloop posted:

Where does she get these things anyway!?

The Acme company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Green Intern posted:

I searched the phrase, and it looks like bIpIv'a' at least would be "How are you?"

And "jup" is "friend", so I'm guessing the whole phrase is "How are you, friend?" But I'm not sure if "friend" would count as a subject or object there, and since Klingon uses OVS word ordering oh god kill me now

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 14, 2021

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

(Clare Briggs, Feburary 14, 1917)

Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (February 17, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Life (With Skippy) (February 12, 1925)

Elsewhere In The Issue: The cover date's just before Valentine's Day, so of course the theme is...commuters. :shrug:

(Rea Irvin)

(James Montgomery Flagg)

(Don Herold)

And while the forgotten man is fresh on our minds, here's one of them as drawn seven years ahead of schedule by Art Young.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 14, 2021

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

spoilers for the movie "uncut gems"
idk why the resemblance just clicked for me here but i want someone to take les out like Howard at the end of the movie

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Good Innvandrer

Pondus

Intet Nytt Fra Hjemmefronten

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

I love the idea that this civilization just happen to have an escape pod ready when the world unexpectedly ends.

Flash Forward

OK I guess?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
I replayed all of Mario 3D World yesterday, sorry

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

No new Rae the Doe on weekends!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

(it's Italian for "abandon all hope, ye who enter" as per The Inferno)

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This is the only appropriate reaction whenever Ruthie from One Big Happy wakes up her parents in the middle of the night with her inane nonsense.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

My God! I have been nearsighted my whole life and spending all these last few weeks listening to Funky Winkerbean bitch nonstop about the near-magical outpatient surgery that has restored his sight to him is REALLY giving me the redass.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

:3:

Hostile V posted:

(it's Italian for "abandon all hope, ye who enter" as per The Inferno)
Thank you.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

amigolupus posted:

This is the only appropriate reaction whenever Ruthie from One Big Happy wakes up her parents in the middle of the night with her inane nonsense.

Honestly I think if something like this happened to me I would just be too sleepy and confused to do anything but answer "no people do not grow from spores. goodnight"

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i would throw my child out the window

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Alhazred posted:

Intet Nytt Fra Hjemmefronten
We have locks on our doors and two kids; the other side of the door has a little hole you can put a special key in and unlock the door from the outside.

B Kliban

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Have we been cheated? After the ominous narrator warnings, are the only consequences for Buck going to be a stationary bike workout and drinking some extra water? That's tepid even by Rex Morgan standards - and a bit of an educational fail, because it is genuinely dangerous for somebody with 375 glucose to binge on a 1000 cal milkshake, even if most of the time the consequences would be about what Buck got.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Is this snail soliciting a sex worker and then haggling over the price of service.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Hostile V posted:

Is this snail soliciting a sex worker and then haggling over the price of service.

Yes.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Shugojin posted:

Honestly I think if something like this happened to me I would just be too sleepy and confused to do anything but answer "no people do not grow from spores. goodnight"

A few years ago I was staying with my aunt, and one morning she comes in to my room and wakes me up to tell me that the couple that had taken in some of the kids my aunt fostered was divorcing, and the two she'd fostered would be coming back to stay. Of course, I had just been woken up, so I'm listening to her explaining things and I'm still half-asleep and so nothing she's saying makes any real sense, and the only thing I could say was "what?" until she finally decided that I was probably too tired to talk to at the moment.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Is that ice trick in Flying Jenny an actual thing? If so, why was it so prevalent that it was just common knowledge? Lots of torture needing to be done, I guess!

I dunno, I first encountered the trope when I was first getting into comics and my dad pulled out his copy of Punisher: War Journal #1 which has a scene not dissimilar from this one.

Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sept. 3rd, 1940

Axa

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Is that ice trick in Flying Jenny an actual thing? If so, why was it so prevalent that it was just common knowledge? Lots of torture needing to be done, I guess!

Well it says that it's an initiation trick and that's certainly something I can believe old timey college kids doing to each other.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Catching up on some Ballard Street!

Year two of quarantine hits Stephen hard.

One ticket to the Ballard Street Zoo, please!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I think this series of Monty's is going to need spoiler bars when it gets posted as Monty Classic 10 years in the future

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

I think this series of Monty's is going to need spoiler bars when it gets posted as Monty Classic 10 years in the future

Speaking of which, is the full archive of Monty (possibly including the ones from when the strip was called Robotman) available anywhere?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set doesn't put a price on friendship.

Working Daze didn't need the second panel.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix raises some ethical questions.

Cul De Sac knows fun is a relative term.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Died! (February 27, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 11, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (November 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (March 20, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (August 20, 1935)

Dark Laughter (October 18, 1941)

Mopsy Sunday (July 13, 1947)

Those Were the Days (August 2, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (May 11, 1965)

Wee Pals (May 11, 1965)

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

BigglesSWE posted:

Catching up on some Ballard Street!

Year two of quarantine hits Stephen hard.

One ticket to the Ballard Street Zoo, please!

God, I missed Ballard Street.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Vargo posted:

Curtis does not tell a joke or a fact.

Sure it does.

How common the term "hatiquette" is, I couldn't say, but Billingsley didn't just make it up.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

sweeperbravo posted:

I know this is low hanging fruit but god drat do I hate this stereotype of elementary school aged kids being on their phones all the time. 1) Who gave these fictional kids the loving phone and 2) I forget if these kids are supposed to be in third grade or in like fifth but kids IRl still love to run around and do goofy poo poo with each other, older ones might chill on their phones for a little bit but it's nowhere near the "MILLENNIALS UH... SMALL ONES BE GLUED TO THEIR SCREENS ALL THE TIME, AMIRIGHT FELLOW COOL BOOMER" monolith out of touch olds pretend to constantly see.

I know someone's gonna come in here and tell me they have a nephew or niece or whatever who is legit tech addicted and yeah I *have* seen individual instances of kids like that, but it's VERY far from the norm, and they usually have a hard time making friends (which is more of a chicken or egg situatoin- if you have a hard time socializing, yeah you're probably gonna prefer hobbies that don't require you to use social skills you don't have!)

This has been my Redundant Anger at Dustin Event of the day.

I was mostly mad at it because the joke is "Free Wi-fi" but those kids 100% do not need to be inside that treehouse to get a signal

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Shugojin posted:

Yeah, if you get woken up like that occasionally then I get giving a confused answer then going back to sleep again. But Ruthie regularly wakes up her parents in the middle of the night for some stupid question that I wouldn't blame them for finally losing patience with the little troll.

curtadams posted:

Have we been cheated? After the ominous narrator warnings, are the only consequences for Buck going to be a stationary bike workout and drinking some extra water? That's tepid even by Rex Morgan standards - and a bit of an educational fail, because it is genuinely dangerous for somebody with 375 glucose to binge on a 1000 cal milkshake, even if most of the time the consequences would be about what Buck got.

It's Rex Morgan. I don't know why people were expecting for something to happen. :v:

It's really weird that Axa is saying the guy is bad because he's a rapist pig and a tyrant who makes people go through death games, but she doesn't say anything about the guy being a slaver. It's such a weird omission.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

curtadams posted:

WIth modern technology you can just set your insulin pump to compensate for that milkshake, and with a glucose sensor you can keep tabs on glucose all the time. So how to live with diabetes nowadays varies a lot depending on what kind of medicine and equipment you are given. In some setups it's basically a functional cure, all you do is keep tabs on the equipment and let it work.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Sure it does.

How common the term "hatiquette" is, I couldn't say, but Billingsley didn't just make it up.

Neat!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

End of part 1 of book 4.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4mFg0JJNdE

What things? What loving things? What does he need to organise? When has being disorganised ever been a problem for him? :argh:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Bushmilller would be proud at this masterclass trolling. :golfclap:

Even without Dustin around, his sister is such a hateful poo poo toward him.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter (October 18, 1941)

Anyone hear a bass being strummed...?