Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/EuanYours/status/1361299297044746244?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Private Speech posted:

I've played PG before going to sleep just now.

I have no insights to offer other than that. Well maybe except that in terms of microtransactions it's one of the most benign games I've heard of on smartphones, which does make you wonder where they make their money on it.

not so much during the pandemic, but if you were in touch with your local group(s) in the before times you'd know plenty of people willing to spend a decent amount of cash, mainly on incubators and raid passes

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pro click.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Trin Tragula posted:

On the off chance that the letter turns out to be "we think you might be a suspect for a crime, please get in touch and arrange a time to be interviewed", this is an excellent way to get yourself arrested, probably in front of everyone and at the most inconvenient time possible, when you don't need to be.
I meant, like, the actual police officers themselves

they go in the bin

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

It all just seems so pointless. We've been hearing about a 'policy blitz' for ages now, but presumably they haven't found any policies that the focus groups like so none of them have been announced. He can't use Corbyn policies, because that just raises the question of why he didn't mention them in the last few months whenever he was asked about breaking his leadership campaign pledge. So whatever policies he does announce now, there's no reason to believe he actually wants to implement any of them.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Scikar posted:

It all just seems so pointless.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol smithers
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1361288028174643202?s=20

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This is VONC territory now, surely?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

stev posted:

His allies aren't gonna do it, the SCG doesn't have whatever the gender neutral term for balls and/or ovaries is, and according to a tenuous claim in some left-wing online publication it isn't competent business for CLPs

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All fudge orders have shipped!

So watch those mailboxes people!

I’m going to take the next two weeks to build up stock again, so watch out for new releases on the website on March 1st! And any suggestions or requests for flavours should be sent either here, via pm or email to Fudjit.orders@gmail.com by the end of this week.

There is still a decent selection of delicious stock longing for a loving home up on the website at https://www.fudjit.co.uk. :)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Also mid-term leadership challenges are very unpopular with the membership and have a tendency to see the leader come out with a stronger mandate than they went in. The chicken coup really consolidated Corbyn and the left's hold on the party which had been pretty wobbly up till that point (remember Corbin's initial cabinet had people like Hilary Benn, Michael Dugher and Lucy Powell in it)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah I'm now beginning to enjoy watching the failure, but I think the issue is that the left has no good candidate in waiting to take over.
The lab right are gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel left with worse candidates than kieth and were left with worse candidates than RLB.

Also we lost twice in a row so Keith gets another go after losing in 2024

Clive Lewis is my current pick.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Borrovan posted:

whatever the gender neutral term for balls and/or ovaries is
Gonna suggest huevos because it shares a Latin root with one and a colloquial Spanish root with the other.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

stev posted:

There's no reason to rush any leadership challenge before the council elections.

The best time is after 'electable' Starmer loses a ton of votes.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Borrovan posted:

His allies aren't gonna do it, the SCG doesn't have whatever the gender neutral term for balls and/or ovaries is, and according to a tenuous claim in some left-wing online publication it isn't competent business for CLPs

"Not having the balls" in this case means not doing it because there's no way a VONC will actually work, and as has been said, it would probably actually strengthen Keith's hand and give him a mandate.

If the local elections in May go badly, an opportunity might be more likely to present itself.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Borrovan posted:

That would be gonads. Despite 'nads being a (fairly passé) colloquial term for dickballs, it's equally applied to both.

Pee is stored in the gonads

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Not So Fast posted:

Priti Patel?

PRITI!

PRITI RACIST!

AND SHE DON'T CARE.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

That would be gonads. Despite 'nads being a (fairly passé) colloquial term for dickballs, it's equally applied to both.

Pee is stored in the gonads
Go nads :toot:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I am not sure starmer will go, but I am absolutely sure if he goes he'll be replaced by someone worse. There is precedent for hanging on after a poor locals showing and the press, vaguely willing to performatively observe dismal performance, will suddenly leap into action to remind us Keith is the second coming the moment it ceases to relate to an upcoming election.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Life is peaceful there 🎶

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The most likely avenue for a VONC is he fact that smithers doesn't actually have a strong base of support. He managed to wangle his way to the top job by keeping his head down while being everything to everyone, but doesn't appear to have really entrenched himself with the media, membership and possibly enough MPs, which means if the locals go badly enough he might start getting challenged from the right.

Though to be honest he's put enough factional right wingers in important positions that he'll be able to stave that off, but the media will mince him.

Really his biggest asset is the fact there's no elections scheduled in between now and 2024 so if he can pin the blame on the left if May turns out to be a disaster he's probably home free (to give the Tories another 5 years)

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

It's gone now, unfortunately, what was it?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Some poo poo about extremist teachers unions and asking if teachers should be allowed to strike.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hard left unionists!

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Honestly Smithers is to human and likable choose a more snivelling and worthless cartoon butler for comparason please.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

Hard left unionists!

they stole my bit :mad:

e: which is to say, "the only unionism i'm interested in is trade". it's always annoyed me that this country uses it for a much less interesting term tbh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mr Phillby posted:

Honestly Smithers is to human and likable choose a more snivelling and worthless cartoon butler for comparason please.

Kif Starmer

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/RivkahBrown/status/1361337510065012736?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
drat who could have predicted

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

If he's going to be a Futurama character then surely he's the leader of the Neutral Planet

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

If he's going to be a Futurama character then surely he's the leader of the Neutral Planet

Tell my constituents I said : "goodbye"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Where were all these councillors when Ed's secret Jewish kitchens were being dragged across the front pages? :thunk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The end result of this is that antisemitism becomes an utterly meaningless insult that's used like calling centre-right libs in America communists. Which is unequivocally a bad thing because antisemitism is real & is very bad. But at some point it just becomes white noise because it's "antisemitic" to attack white Anglo billionaires, even when the people doing the attacking are Jewish left wing groups.

Anyway, my dad's lungs seem incredibly hosed up. Which isn't a surprise considering he's been a heavy smoker for 50+ years. The part that is a surprise & a concern is a week ago he was out doing his job, maintaining the garden of a whisky distillery, which is quite physical work. Today he couldn't walk more than a few hundred metres on the flat without needing to take a rest. It's just the rapid nature of the decline that's a worry really. Like, if he carries on at this rate he'll not be able to get up the stairs in a week.

Anyway, that's my personal poo poo that I just needed to get off my chest.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 15, 2021

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Tindalos posted:

It's gone now, unfortunately, what was it?

Edit: should have refreshed

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Anyway, my dad's lungs seem incredibly hosed up.

Sorry to hear that mate. Does he have COVID? Because that does sound like COVID

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

forkboy84 posted:

Anyway, that's my personal poo poo that I just needed to get off my chest.

jesus bud. has he been tested?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mrpwase posted:

Edit: should have refreshed

Awful lot of red on display in that classroom, isn't there.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CoolCab posted:

jesus bud. has he been tested?

I think he's trying to get tested. Today was the first I heard COVID even being considered: last Wednesday he went to the GP & they said he probably has COPD & they were going to schedule a hospital appointment to have his chest looked at, it was really only the weekend when he got really bad. Until then he struggled a bit in the morning when he woke up with the air being so cold but he could eventually ramp up & get through the day. So uhhh, if he's got COPD & COVID that's a heck of a double whammy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

forkboy84 posted:

I think he's trying to get tested. Today was the first I heard COVID even being considered: last Wednesday he went to the GP & they said he probably has COPD & they were going to schedule a hospital appointment to have his chest looked at, it was really only the weekend when he got really bad. So uhhh, if he's got COPD & COVID that's a heck of a double whammy.

christ man i'm so sorry, i hope everything will be OK.