Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Is there a way to stop GTA5 from saving a clip every time I do anything remotely cool?

Exploding helicopters are awesome but I don’t need 500 videos of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
If you go to capture settings there’s a check box for Allow games to capture stuff. Just disable it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

when the Xbone launched with BF4 it would record a 30sec clip every time you ranked up which is annoying even in concept but was magnified by the fact that BF4 leveling was horribly broken and would not trigger in real time so you could be sitting on a hill doing nothing when all of a sudden 3 ranks finally unlock in a row and you'd get 3 30sec videos of nothing at all interesting happening.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Laserface posted:

when the Xbone launched with BF4 it would record a 30sec clip every time you ranked up which is annoying even in concept but was magnified by the fact that BF4 leveling was horribly broken and would not trigger in real time so you could be sitting on a hill doing nothing when all of a sudden 3 ranks finally unlock in a row and you'd get 3 30sec videos of nothing at all interesting happening.

they added this feature to the ps5, it records camera if plugged in and mic sound everytime you get an achivement and most people don't know they are being recorded lmao

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Celexi posted:

they added this feature to the ps5, it records camera if plugged in and mic sound everytime you get an achivement and most people don't know they are being recorded lmao

The only good thing to come of this so far is when my son was playing Astrobot and got an achievement for getting hit in the head by something on the windy level. Listening to him was funny as hell.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Laserface posted:

Oh yeah I remember going through and deleting like 100 clips at one point, but I think it might've been due to FIFA auto-clipping whenever you scored a goal or something. :laugh:

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Speaking of Xbox history, I read somewhere that Morrowind was actually crashing when you played it on Xbox during those really long load times. Like it rebooted itself entirely to unfuck the memory issues and that's just wild to me. I had no idea

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Speaking of Morrowind, it runs like butter on the sx.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

Speaking of Morrowind, it runs like butter on the sx.

It ran really well on the One/X as well! So amazing seeing that game at such high res. I have it on the original Xbox so being able to use the same disc is very very cool.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It ran really well on the One/X as well! So amazing seeing that game at such high res. I have it on the original Xbox so being able to use the same disc is very very cool.
You serious? That's pretty cool.

Morrowind's Xbox UI was great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah you pop in the disk and it downloads an updated executable, it's the same as how Xbox 360 games work backwards compatibility So they're not running from the disc but there's some games that never made it to the digital store so you can only play them owning an original disk. Batman Arkham Origins and Driver SanFran are two I own, you can't get them on the Xbox store but if you have the disk it'll download and work. I assume it's licensing issues.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Stux posted:

this guy just said "didnt make since" lol

this guy is Stux lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if youre going to do a white noise dunk attempt you absolutely have to do it on the same page as the original post.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is there any way to track which games support quick resume or when they get added?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Super No Vacancy posted:

if youre going to do a white noise dunk attempt you absolutely have to do it on the same page as the original post.

Cool, thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ok Comboomer posted:

this guy is Stux lmao

rent free

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1361701516063645698?s=19

Hope it's better than the Sony first party headsets

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
there is literally zero technical info about the headset in that news post lol

quote:

We spent a lot of time in the audio testing chambers trying to characterize and understand how the headset reproduces audio in different room environments. It goes in your living room, game room, and dorm room and we want it to sound the best for all types of audio.

what does this even mean. its a pair of closed back headphones.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I really like the pulse

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Stux posted:

there is literally zero technical info about the headset in that news post lol

what does this even mean. its a pair of closed back headphones.

Yeah whether I put on headphones in the living room or at the loving morgue it should make the same sound

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first gen Sony PlayStation headset for PS4 had terrible build quality.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
all sony headphones for a long time now have had great sound but also break after being touched 3 times so it was only natural the ps headsets carry on this storied legacy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the pulse auto adjusts so you dont really have to even touch it!

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

It’s already sold out for pre orders lol

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Stux posted:

rent free

and the doctor replied, “Well you’re a goon. Have you ever been to the Games subforum? You should check out this guy Stux, I hear their posts are just the worst. Maybe it’ll cheer you up.”

The man looked down at his knees. He sighed deeply for a moment before a spasm of emotion in his chest caused him to snort out a sorrowful, pitiful laugh. The tears that had been welling in his eyes began to roll freely down his face.

“But Doctor......you don’t understand. I’m Stux!”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

and the doctor replied, “Well you’re a goon. Have you ever been to the Games subforum? You should check out this guy Stux, I hear their posts are just the worst. Maybe it’ll cheer you up.”

The man looked down at his knees. He sighed deeply for a moment before a spasm of emotion in his chest caused him to snort out a sorrowful, pitiful laugh. The tears that had been welling in his eyes began to roll freely down his face.

“But Doctor......you don’t understand. I’m Stux!”

:chloe:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

lol, it's not that bad

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/16/22285488/xbox-game-pass-free-games-february-2020

Finally good to see Pillars of Eternity 2! Been holding off on purchasing this because I figured it would get to GP eventually. Dirt5 is nice too

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I kind of liked PoE2 but I also only got halfway through it and just stopped. I always feel like I hit a huge brick wall in those games with the combat suddenly spiking in difficulty and knowing I must have hosed up hours ago.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Good timing—the publisher of the Switch port of PoE1 announced on Twitter a few days ago that they were giving up on fixing bugs (including one that they introduced with the latest patch that fundamentally breaks the ranger class), all without offering refunds or removing the game from the store, which I guess means PoE2 is never going to see the light of day on the Switch

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hanyolo posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2021/2/16/22285488/xbox-game-pass-free-games-february-2020

Finally good to see Pillars of Eternity 2! Been holding off on purchasing this because I figured it would get to GP eventually. Dirt5 is nice too

A good reminder to me to stop buying games lol. I buy so many games that I end up not playing right away and then they come to games with gold, or ps plus, or game pass, or they show up in a five dollar bundle. All those dollars lost, like coins in scrooge mcduck's vault...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Gamepass is the ultimate collection of games I'd play for a few hours but probably wouldn't want to buy, so it's worked out well for me. And every now and then you find a real gem.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I kind of liked PoE2 but I also only got halfway through it and just stopped. I always feel like I hit a huge brick wall in those games with the combat suddenly spiking in difficulty and knowing I must have hosed up hours ago.

My biggest issue is that I always get lost, even with the journal, it's not always clear where to go and some of these places can be quite big in that game. PoEII is one of those RPGs that doesn't do waypoint markers for the main quest.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

Gamepass is the ultimate collection of games I'd play for a few hours but probably wouldn't want to buy, so it's worked out well for me. And every now and then you find a real gem.

Games I would not have played were it not for game pass:
Lonely Mountains Downhill
Demon's Tilt
Greedfall
MS Flight Sim 2020

And honestly, based on how much I actually paid for my game pass sub, totally worth it even if those were the only games I played (I've played more games on there than I listed but most of them I probably would have bought eventually).

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

exquisite tea posted:

Yep, Battle Chasers: Nightwar came up in the recommended games list for me a couple of weeks back and it wasn't even on my radar so I installed it and gave it a go and loved it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Looking forward to Dirt 5 and PoE II. GamePass rules

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Looking forward to Dirt 5 and PoE II. GamePass rules
:hai:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I started Code Vein last weekend, and while I'm enjoying it enough to keep playing, the frame rate on One X gets pretty bad at times, aside from the standard 30fps. I was actually telling a coworker earlier today how I wish it would come to PC GamePass. Wish granted, thank you Mr. Spencer! Any luck that my save will carry over?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lord Wexia posted:

It’s already sold out for pre orders lol

I don't think they ever started in Australia. I've got a Hyper X headset that makes the first party offerings sound like poo poo, but it doesn't easily control the volume or mic on/off, which is annoying.

Edit: Pre-ordered one. We'll see how it goes.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Doctor Nutt posted:

A good reminder to me to stop buying games lol. I buy so many games that I end up not playing right away and then they come to games with gold, or ps plus, or game pass, or they show up in a five dollar bundle. All those dollars lost, like coins in scrooge mcduck's vault...

I literally never buy a game on Xbox

I have bought some "Playstation Exclusives" that ended up making it to Gamepass though lol (Yakuza....)