Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

if you think snyder is cringe but mcu is good then lol

snyder ain't great or even very good but most of the complaining i see about him is coming from some very dumb places

e: o gently caress that's a lovely snipe, here have a lady gaga for the pop culture thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hoktsqk_Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I don't really like Zach Snyder but he makes geek film critics angry by existing so for that he rules.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Wheeee posted:

if you think snyder is cringe but mcu is good then lol

yah. also Man of Steel was good as hell

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

im not sure how much zack snyder hate is real and how much of it was just him making a useful contrast so film critics could pretend like they wouldnt uncritically love any superhero movie they ran into

im sure by now they actually believe it although snyders relative present day irrelevance is making the second part that much more obvious

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

sa is the only place online where its not universally accepted that zack snyder is cringe and its so loving weird
Wait what? It's not like sa made the whole #releasethesnydercut thing happen. They're everywhere. All those post-911 bros who loved 300 THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA just like the pre-911 bros loved Fight Club or Boondock Saints are still around. Waiting. Lurking.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I don't really like Zach Snyder but he makes geek film critics angry by existing so for that he rules.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

to whoever was posting about we loving cops it might interest you to know that korean women branded channels also do that although they do at least show independent movies too on a regular basis in addition to svu with its girlboss cop

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
You got Willem Dafoe in your movie and you don’t make him the Joker? smdh

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

in other some guy itt is watching cable news hotel mumbai just had a scene where the hotel staff discusses escaping amongst themselves and most of them heroically decide to stay behind to help the guests because they love the hotel and also their customers

it had never occurred to me until just then that theres people in the world who think that the people who work in customer service sincerely believe that crap

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can see some people wanting to stay back to help guests get to safety if their lives were in immediate danger, but lol at loving the hotel and their customers

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its a fascinating movie in very many bad ways im sure most of what happened more or less actually happened but its filtered through brunchvision even when the rich white characters arent onscreen

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol the only character in hotel mumbai coded as hard idiot racist is also a russian oligarch who did war crimes in afghanistan subtle this screenplay is not

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

The Watchman had a vibe

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

superhero movies are for children and are bad.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

i liked watchmen, because it was perfectly cast. plus, snyder gave us henry cavill so....take some cringe some

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Farm Frenzy posted:

superhero movies are for children and are bad.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Some Guy TT posted:

in other some guy itt is watching cable news hotel mumbai just had a scene where the hotel staff discusses escaping amongst themselves and most of them heroically decide to stay behind to help the guests because they love the hotel and also their customers

it had never occurred to me until just then that theres people in the world who think that the people who work in customer service sincerely believe that crap

Hospitality giving a poo poo about the guests was the least realistic part of snowpiercer

weast
Nov 7, 2012

recently i finished watching some anime from 2012 and i was curious what people got out of it so i searched and the first blog i saw there was a comment where some guy talked about how amazing and feminist sucker punch was, and how great batman vs superman is gonna be, it’s gonna change everything!

i looked at that commenters page and it was like. “i’m a young earth creationist, the bible is the infallible word of god, and i’m a libertarian communist”

that is my zack snyder story

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

weast posted:

recently i finished watching some anime from 2012 and i was curious what people got out of it so i searched and the first blog i saw there was a comment where some guy talked about how amazing and feminist sucker punch was, and how great batman vs superman is gonna be, it’s gonna change everything!

i looked at that commenters page and it was like. “i’m a young earth creationist, the bible is the infallible word of god, and i’m a libertarian communist”

What anime?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

lol, i think i know which guy that is

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

weast posted:

well... it could be worse!

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Wheeee posted:

if you think snyder is cringe but mcu is good then lol[/video]

What if they're both bad, but one is significantly more insufferable because it's trying to pretend that it's not for children by borrowing the aesthetics of graphics card boxart?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the Joss Whedon stuff still coming out is somehow making Dollhouse even creepier

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The Byron arc in season 5 of babylon 5 is so loving good

This show is just so drat good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like that the central conceit of Man of Steel is “our world doesn’t deserve Superman”

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

indigi posted:

I like that the central conceit of Man of Steel is “our world doesn’t deserve Superman”

Yeah snyder's source material (the bible) plays with this theme a lot in it's 2nd half.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you’re saying Snyder came up with presenting Superman as a messianic figure all by himself?? whoa 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

indigi posted:

you’re saying Snyder came up with presenting Superman as a messianic figure all by himself?? whoa 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Yeah. Him being the first to fully realize this idea on film is an incredible artistic achievement.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
adapt Red Son imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yes we need more capitalist bootstrap mythology in American cinema

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Adapt Red Son but make Communist Superman the hero

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

indigi posted:

yes we need more capitalist bootstrap mythology in American cinema

Yeah Red Son is abysmal lol, it ends with Neoliberal God-King Lex Luthor creating a "utopia"

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I had almost forgotten how bad Mark Millar plots were and, by extension, who Mark Millar even was.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
all I remember about Mark Millar is that he licks goats

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Red Son was the coolest story ever when I was in high school. Of course, I know it's poo poo in hindsight. lol, using Superman leading the Soviet Union as a metaphor for George Bush.

I have no clue how that DC animated movie changed it, but it's probably even worse.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wish Red Son Superman was real.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Mark Millar should write Sonic the Hedgehog comics again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad