Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

omg you also get a debug mode and test courses you can only get by hacking the rom!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

congrats to you and plutonis

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

omg you also get a debug mode and test courses you can only get by hacking the rom!!!!

Kirby’s Dream Course has been hacked no matter what version you’re on!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

sorry i forgot the song that plays during the intro and the inaccessible test stages

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

:tipshat:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/FanamelT/status/1301003006356447233

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioWnoOjP9IA

Nintendo ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
lol cool

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBVyF0I2Ruo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That bag waste management makes me want to puke.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

People who do this should rot in hell.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1_Zyw6Ga8

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ruffini posted:

People who do this should rot in hell.

I think those guys are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKK5ELYpwMg

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What's your favorite Zelda game?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think it's always going to be link's awakening for me. it really did a lot to build its tiny world and gave the NPCs a ton of personality which was never rly at the forefront of previous Zelda games, dungeons having their own music helped them all stick out, and it had a really cool and mysterious story for it's time. probably a reason it and majoras mask are always my top two in the series, but Link's Awakening is one i will always come back to.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Link’s Awakening for 2D and Wind Waker for 3D

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Link's Awakening DX, but I have an extreme nostalgia for Gameboy games in general.

I thought Link Between Worlds was pretty good as well.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I just dipped back in to Windwaker HD the other week. imho, unbeatable.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Link's Awakening for sure, but Link to the Past is a very close second

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
links awakening. botw close second / 3d fav

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

majoras mask

the time travel groundhog day scenario where you gain power and knowledge to make everything perfect is something i wish more games did. only radiant historia has done it too iirc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

What's your favorite Zelda game?

Honestly BotW might be my favorite but LttP, Wind Waker and OoT are very close behind. Also Link Between Worlds and Minish Cap kick major rear end as well.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Ocarina of Time. So epic, so timeless.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

majoras mask

the time travel groundhog day scenario where you gain power and knowledge to make everything perfect is something i wish more games did. only radiant historia has done it too iirc

Time to introduce you to The Outer Wilds

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

que sera sera posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

herculon posted:

Link’s Awakening for 2D and Wind Waker for 3D

yeah but i think playing oot and mm made wind waker more special than if it was my first zelda. seeing the stained glass portraits of the sages when i got the master sword ftw

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
majora is the one that sticks with me because it just felt so sad
everybody seems deeply in denial about the moon drop, and you're not treated like you're a hero or fulfilling a destiny, it's more like you're doing it because no one else will. and when you go back in time nothing you did to help sticks. it all feels so futile. and your fairy isn't navi, she's this heart-broken former friend of the villain, and even the villain deep down is just a lonely kid
but I loved what it felt like, not necessarily what it actually was. it's pretty frustrating to actually play in a lot of ways I don't remember until I'm actually playing it

wind waker is the shiznit

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
2d: links awakening
3D: botw or wind waker

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
LttP only because the final egg dungeon in Link's Awakening isn't much at all. But it's splitting hairs, they're both great.

Replaying LttP recently I realized a lot of the secrets are actually sign-posted or revealed by strangers, but you kind of have to go out of your way to run into them. When the game is hardwired into your brain it's hard to remember how you were supposed to figure out any of these secrets. There's also sections of the map that are kind of wasted and have nothing going on. No real estate is wasted in Link's Awakening.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

que sera sera posted:

actually i think you'll find that game is full of time. temples, songs, heroes, racing with epona,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Cubone posted:

majora is the one that sticks with me because it just felt so sad
everybody seems deeply in denial about the moon drop, and you're not treated like you're a hero or fulfilling a destiny, it's more like you're doing it because no one else will. and when you go back in time nothing you did to help sticks. it all feels so futile. and your fairy isn't navi, she's this heart-broken former friend of the villain, and even the villain deep down is just a lonely kid
but I loved what it felt like, not necessarily what it actually was. it's pretty frustrating to actually play in a lot of ways I don't remember until I'm actually playing it

wind waker is the shiznit

This is kind of how I feel about Skyward Sword. I really loved the setup for, lore-wise, what the rest of the games were about. The music was great, and I liked the art style. But playing it was brutal.