Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

LadyPictureShow posted:

To me, it reads like an unsettling message you come across in a Silent Hill game.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

LadyPictureShow posted:

To me, it reads like an unsettling message you come across in a Silent Hill game.

mods please rename thread The Garfield Eats App: Meat Never Dies

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
I am entergaged :dudsmile:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

https://i.imgur.com/Twn5xZA.mp4

this man is very off-putting in try-hard, theater kid ways. But also like he has no idea what is funny or normal behavior, so it all comes off very uncomfortable.

Tato fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 15, 2021

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I once found myself at a party full of college grad theater//band people. That’s an apt comparison.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bright Bart posted:

I'm the shirt with my own name on it.

That's not a shirt, that's an apron. You don't wear a shirt with the apron, you wear it with a cartoon-themed suit

Edit: OMG, Nathan has cartoon whiskers like Garfield's on the collar of his shirt, you can see them in the close up when he dances.

Haulin Oates fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 15, 2021

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Tato posted:

https://i.imgur.com/Twn5xZA.mp4

this man is very off-putting in try-hard, theater kid ways. But also like he has no idea what is funny or normal behavior, so it all comes off very uncomfortable.

I want to know the story behind this video. Looking at their YouTube channel, they only have a handful of videos. It seems pretty unlikely that they reached out to Nathen. Did he reach out to them? Did he just message a bunch of YouTube channels to see if anyone would agree to interviewing him?

Also that channel's whole joke seems to be making people uncomfortable. But Nathen seems to have no idea how to run with it and cannot handle being mocked or roasted in any way, despite the fact that he probably chose them and presumably knew what he was getting himself into.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Oh my god, i love this

Finally nathen content that i know exactly how to feel about

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

holy poo poo

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

ive been following this thread for a while now and you know, at the beginning i was so entergaged you wouldnt even believe it but the longer it goes on the more i cant help but dwell on what a waste it all is. how like even a small fraction of the money his rich dad threw at him just to make him be away (that he might as well have just blended into garfaccinos) could have DONE SO MUCH GOOD IN THE WORLD. like clearly, for all the bad you can say about nathan he at least has some amount of drive as long as it results in him getting attention. imagine if he had channeled it into something worthwhile; start up a loving garfield branded animal shelter or organize fundraisers for lgbtq youth who are struggling or if for whatever reason food absolutely must be involved develop some kind of distrubution network to put a gd lasanga into the hands of the homeless or food insecure i dont know im not a rich failson but LITERALLY ANYTHING, anything at all would have been less of a waste...

and yet, this is what we have. i wonder how much it cost to have someone write produce and perform that song.

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol I love that it sounds like they recorded all audio on fisher-price toy microphones

I have a feeling that whatever studio he hired for these stunts must be enjoying getting paid to half-rear end everything while being able to treat him with contempt so openly

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

LadyPictureShow posted:

what is the riddle of meat? the riddle of eats? I can't crack the code

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

so against my better judgement, I watched the intro to that "documentary" video again and it showed a person working at Garfield Eats named "Noel" in the opening credits, but god help me I don't want to watch the whole thing twice, but i don't remember that person being in the video at all. maybe Noel didnt sign the release?

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Last Chance posted:

so against my better judgement, I watched the intro to that "documentary" video again and it showed a person working at Garfield Eats named "Noel" in the opening credits, but god help me I don't want to watch the whole thing twice, but i don't remember that person being in the video at all. maybe Noel didnt sign the release?

The end of the video shows Noel appearing in the next "episode".

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bloopsy posted:

The end of the video shows Noel appearing in the next "episode".

Ah, thank you

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Anyone else thinking maybe Nathen himself is singing the GarfEats song? And used the pre-installed software on his MacBook to make the whole thing?

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
he’d be way hotter if he either grew the beard out or shaved it all off

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

"why are we always eating garfield... there's an element of cannibalism there. perhaps you're a fan of vore?"
"vore? never heard of it"
"let me tell you what it is"

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I was on the edge of my seat during that exchange

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Smells Like GarfEats
by Nermalvana

Load up on tums, bring your friends
It's fun to chow down and to distend
I'm over-fed and self-assured
Oh ho, I know a kitty purred

Hello, hello, hello, how meow
Hello, hello, hello

With the lasagna, he's real generous
Here we Garf now, entergage us
I love Nathen, he's outrageous
In Toronto, an Epinardo, a Garfeccino, my Giardino
Yeah, hey

A tangy sauce full of zest
And for this gift I am blessed
Our little Garf has always been
And always will until the end

Hello, hello, hello

Yeah, hey

And I regret just what I taste
Oh yeah, I guess it shakes up bile
A mound of lard, so unrefined
Oh well, whatever, never mind

Hello, hello, hello

In denial, in denial, in denial, in denial, in denial
In denial, in denial, in denial, in denial

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
ugh.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Agent Escalus posted:

Anyone else thinking maybe Nathen himself is singing the GarfEats song? And used the pre-installed software on his MacBook to make the whole thing?

I thought this was what it was as soon as I heard it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lt. Cock posted:

Shut the gently caress up and look at this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

So seriously which goons are these two? There's no way the two of them aren't loving with him through this entire video

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

There was an old timey Australian vaudeviĺlian & film comedian named Roy Rene whose character, Mo, had a beard/stubble a lot like Nathen's.

But unlike Nathen, Mo was actually (intentionally) funny.

After watching the Mazri interview video above, part of me just wants to see another of an interviewer repeatedly slapping Nathen's face, hard.

Does this make me a bad person?

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 16, 2021

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Love me. Feed me. Don't leave me.

or else

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i'm quoting this again because it's absolutely incredible content

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tato posted:

this man is very off-putting in try-hard, theater kid ways.

Theater kid would explain why his facial hair looks like it was applied with a stipple sponge.

:getin:Yessssssss, thread title change! :getin:

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
I appreciate mazri's shadow, virile, civilized at once.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even meat may die

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

NATHEN posted:

Look at you, landlord: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you evict my business. How can you challenge a perfect, entergaging garfaccino?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Oh, wow, 52 new posts

Oh

Oh wow

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

deadwing posted:

i'm quoting this again because it's absolutely incredible content

I can't even skip through it without wanting to die

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I can't even skip through it without wanting to die

Every time I make it a little further before inwardly cringing so hard i have to shut it off and do something else. Maybe I'm building a tolerance?

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

I haven't seen video of Nathen but I imagine his energy is like this, all the time.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, when you're put on the spot like that like with those two in the video, who are going out of their way to make it as awkward as possible, it's probably not easy to naturally roll with it. But even then, Nathen's responses, mannerisms, everything, read like a computer algorithm trying to emulate how a real human might respond in those situations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

To be fair, when you're put on the spot like that like with those two in the video, who are going out of their way to make it as awkward as possible, it's probably not easy to naturally roll with it. But even then, Nathen's responses, mannerisms, everything, read like a computer algorithm trying to emulate how a real human might respond in those situations.

If you request to go on between two ferns you should expect to be put between two ferns. To be honest I’m pretty sure he also paid them to do that.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Frank Frank posted:

Every time I make it a little further before inwardly cringing so hard i have to shut it off and do something else. Maybe I'm building a tolerance?

Or an addiction. Are you willing to admit being a Mazriholic?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

goodog posted:

What Nathen really wants is celebrity as a performer. All the Garfield marketing stunts aren't a desperate attempt to save a failing business. The failing business is an excuse to perform the marketing stunts. It's why he's willing to allow some self-deprecation as the clownish Garfield guy. Because being famous as a 'comedian' is more important to Nathen than being a successful entrepreneur. His whole marketing/social media/ tech bullshit career was just to please his dad.

If he had talent and genuine self-awareness, he could be David Brent 2.0 or create a kayfabe persona like some reality and Youtube stars. But despite all the acting and improv classes, this is what his conscious attempts at comedy produce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutQiCSUNOQ

I just brought myself to watch this. It reminds me a lot of the school camp 'talent night' skits we used to knock up when I was a kid. Simplistic script, lame jokes, and poorly acted.

1 star (for the other production values), do not recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1363151025495044116?s=21