Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This list would probably get real long for the whole event as it's been great so far, so posting during the intermission.

DDT Kawasaki Strong February 14th
HM
Sanshiro takagi, Danshuko Dieno, Toru Owashi and Makoto Oishi vs Shinya Aoki, Super Sasadango Machine, Antonio Honda and Kazuhi Hirata
- No words do it justice, has to be seen to be believed GO GO GO GO
Saki Akai and Maya Yukihi vs Saori Anou and Miyako Matsumoto
- Just a real solid Joshi showcase
Chris Brookes, Maki-Itoh and Super Delpfin vs Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi and MAO
- 2021 definitely needed a Michinoku Pro tribute match. Shame the site broke during the match forcing us to seek...less legal ways to watch the thing we paid for
HARASHIMA and Yuji Okabayashi vs Yukio Naya and Kazusada Higuchi
-Beefy boys doing beefy things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Rarity posted:

HM: Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite, 10/02
HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Leyla Hirsch, AEW Dynamite, 10/02
MOTYC: Kenny Omega/KENTA vs. Jon Moxley/Lance Archer, AEW Dynamite, 10/02

nth these

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Yuki Ueno (c) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi for the DDT Universal Championship - DDT Kawasaki Strong (2/14)

Excellent grappling match. Ueno is getting so good. Glad to see the build up with the Shinya Aoki MMA training paid off in the story of the match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Yuki Ueno (c) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi for the DDT Universal Championship - DDT Kawasaki Strong (2/14)

Excellent grappling match. Ueno is getting so good. Glad to see the build up with the Shinya Aoki MMA training paid off in the story of the match

Nth. This was outstanding.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth. Very good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth, really well built up and executed match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Kawasaki Strong February 14th
MOTYC
Yuki Ueno vs Yukio Sakaguchi
- loving Brutal. Yukio is a killer and Yuki Ueno gave him back everything he could

HM
Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao, Mad Paulie and Yuji Hino) vs All Out (Akito, Konosuke Takesita, Shunma Katsumata and Yuki Iino)
-Apparently Beef quota hadn't been reached yet. Whole lot of insane spots including a two-man deadlift german from Hino, cool and good all around
Tetsuya Endo vs Jun Akiyama
- OLD MAN JUN. Sloppy in places which stops me giving it MOTY consideration, but still a lot to love here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I was going to push this match some more and say we only needed x more people to nominate it but it looks like there's enough votes to get it on the list Jerusalem (forkboy, me, Senerio, fez_machine, sadi faildotter, TTBF, SG Bamboo).

Looks like SG Bamboo edited in they were adding nominations to the match the day after I initially saw their posts, so I thought it was still stuck on 6 and I'd never have known if somebody hadn't told me! Will update now.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs Keiji Mutoh for the GHC Heavywejght Championship - NOAH Back to the Budokan 2021

This rocked gently caress handshakes. Hell yeah. Both Go and Mutoh's expression after the finish were perfect

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Looks like SG Bamboo edited in they were adding nominations to the match the day after I initially saw their posts, so I thought it was still stuck on 6 and I'd never have known if somebody hadn't told me! Will update now.

Yeah, my apologies. I was very excited about the matches

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah, my apologies. I was very excited about the matches

It's a good excuse! :hellyeah:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TTBF posted:

HM: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh vs MAO, Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3DrXhfoDJA

you can now watch this match for free here!

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Catch-up:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs SHO NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima 2/10
HM: Thunder Rosa vs Leyla Hirsch AEW Dynamite 2/10
MOTYC: Kenny Omega & KENTA vs Jon Moxley & Lance Archer AEW Dynamite 2/10
HM: CHAOS (Ishii, Goto & Yoshi-Hashi) vs Bullet Club (Jay White, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima 2/11
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs SANADA NJPW The New Beginning in Hiroshima 2/11

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Go Shiozaki (c) vs Keiji Mutoh for the GHC Heavywejght Championship - NOAH Back to the Budokan 2021

Simply the best finishing stretch I've seen. gently caress yes

nth

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rarity posted:

HM: Thunder Rosa vs. Leyla Hirsch, AEW Dynamite, 10/02
MOTYC: Kenny Omega/KENTA vs. Jon Moxley/Lance Archer, AEW Dynamite, 10/02

Seconding these. That main event was just incredibly fun to watch front to back.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
28th January
DDT Dramatic 2021 January Special!
DDT Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita & Yuki Ueno) vs Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi)

Very excited to get to the show from this morning now, Sakaguchi vs Ueno gonna rule

Same show has a DAMNATION Junretsu 6 man and now I quite fancy Okada vs Sasaki as a singles match sometime.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
motyc: Johnny Gargano vs KUSHIDA, NXT Takeover: Vengeance Day, 2/14/21

goddamn fantastic match in every aspect

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Hm: Johnny Gargantuan vs KUSHIDA for the North American Championship NXT Vengeance Day, 2/14

This started slow but was really worth the watch, very close MOTYC

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
motyc: Johnny Gargano vs KUSHIDA, NXT Takeover: Vengeance Day, 2/14/21

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
HM: Kushida vs Johnny Gargano from NXT Vengeance 2/14

Flashes of both guys being some of the best Jr Heavyweights in the last 5 years, lots of great spots and near-falls. I'd say it's the best NXT match of the year so far, but NXT style still doesn't hold a candle to the competition anymore, both guys could have put on a MOTY in any other company.

You should still seek it out, I still loved the match but almost every other company gives their wrestlers a lot more freedom to have better matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
HM: Toni Storm vs Io Shirai vs Mercades Martinez from NXT: Vengance 2/14

Another great NXT match, Io Shirai knows no fear and Toni Storm should be immediately elevated to Four Horsewoman level.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

HM: Toni Storm vs Io Shirai vs Mercades Martinez from NXT: Vengance 2/14

Another great NXT match, Io Shirai knows no fear and Toni Storm should be immediately elevated to Four Horsewoman level.

2nd

Hm: Finn Valor vs Pete Dunne NXY Vengeance Day 2/14

Just a great match, Finn and Pete have great chemistry.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
All from NXT Vengeance Day Feb 14, 2021

HM
Gargano vs Kushida
MSK vs Grizzled Young Vets
Shirai vs Storm vs Martinez

MOTYC
Balor vs Dunne

I've still been making time to watch Takeovers but this is the first one in a long while that lived up to their old Takeover standards for me. Didn't really care much for Balor's initial NXT run or time on main roster, but this title reign has been good between tonight and the KOR matches.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

abraham linksys posted:

sure. also HM: Saki Akai/Maya Yuhki vs Saori Anou/Miyaoko Matsumotoi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14. thought that was a fuckin blast

nth

HM
Tetsuya Endo(c) vs Jun Akiyama for the KO-D Openweight Championship

Was great, but a little on the slow side. Very good finish.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

TTBF posted:

HM: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh vs MAO, Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14

Nth, but I want to go on record as saying Maki Itoh walking face first into the ring post is my favorite spot in the world.

Neodoomium posted:

Best Bros vs Emi/Veny is absolutely a MOTYC vote from me. Holy poo poo.

Nth. This match was so good I got a Choco pro tshirt out of it! Basically I really enjoyed it but my spouse just went totally apeshit for it and wanted to buy a bunch of their merchandise afterwards. Didn't have shirts in their size so got one for me instead along with a mug and that chocolate package where you get signed pictures of the people in the matches.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A couple more HMs from the last Dynamite:

Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa
Jon Moxley & Lance Archer vs. Kenny Omega & KENTA

I'll add in an HM for:

Kyle O'Reilly vs. FInn Balor, NXT January 6

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 15, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Mei Suruga - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Perfect starting match to the Japanese bracket, both Yuka and Mei looked great in this match and Mei in particular did some insanely cool poo poo.

HM: Veny vs. Emi Sakura - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Bit hard on every nearfall, great chemistry between them both and they built up the match fantastically to the finish. I just wish Veny had won.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 16, 2021

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Veny vs. Emi Sakura - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Bit hard on every nearfall, great chemistry between them both and the built up the match fantastically to the finish. I just wish Veny had won.

2nd, easily the best match of this round

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Bit hard on every nearfall, great chemistry between them both and the built up the match fantastically to the finish. I just wish Veny had won.

3rd

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Yuka Sakazaki vs. Mei Suruga - AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Perfect starting match to the Japanese bracket, both Yuka and Mei looked great in this match and Mei in particular did some insanely cool poo poo.

nth to both of these.

also

HM: Maki Itoh vs. Ryi Mizunami -AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

karmicknight posted:

HM: Maki Itoh vs. Ryi Mizunami -AEW Women's World Championship Eliminator Tournament 2/15

Seconding this, really fun match and I went in expecting to be a big fan of Itoh (which I am) but was very pleasantly surprised by how cool Ryo is too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Everything else has been good but that was deffo the standout

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AEW Women's Tournament - Japanese Side February 15th
HM

Yuka Sakazaki vs Mei Suruga
Veny vs Emi Sakura
Maki Itoh vs Ryo Mizunami
Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

Nothing groundbreaking from any of them but a nice way to introduce the new faces to a wider audience. Four good to great matches

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Veny vs Emi Sakura
Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

Nothing groundbreaking from any of them but a nice way to introduce the new faces to a wider audience. Four good to great matches

Yeah, I'll agree with this. Nth.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Veny vs Emi Sakura
Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

+1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

Yeah, this was the "worst" match to my mind but still a real fun match. 2nding.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Veny vs Emi Sakura
Rin Kadokura vs Aja Kong

I’ll nth the first three, I wasn’t much into the fourth.

Veny vs Emi was probably the best wrestling, Maki vs Ryo was the most fun.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

SG Bamboo posted:

HM

Veny vs Emi Sakura

nth for these 2. That was a really fun show

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Jerusalem posted:

Bit hard on every nearfall, great chemistry between them both and they built up the match fantastically to the finish. I just wish Veny had won.

karmicknight posted:

nth to both of these.

also

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

HM - Yuka Sakazaki vs Mei Suruga
MOTYC - Veny vs Emi Sakura
HM - Maki Itoh vs Ryo Mizunami