Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dunno about you but my self doubts and fears are always bouncing around in my head when I walk.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh don't loving start with this poo poo, Zits.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Woman is a mystery...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIdrPZztgQ

...with no clues.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Hello in the purest epitome of Cathy posting, here she is literally months late and anxious about it!

Cathy - 23+24 Feb, 1977

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

I literally JUST got done explaining that Zits is usually Good, Actually, and then this poo poo?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

A: I hate this and B: I scrolled down to look at the comments that all generally amount to "god this is awful"...including a familiar face.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I think Garbage Ape beat Arlo with those trash cans.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Dinky Dinkerton and Flyin' Jenny Sept. 4th, 1940

Axa

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Six Chix is a strip shared by six women, each of who draws one day's strip, trading off on Sunday. Today is Isabella Bannerman's day.

For the life of me, I don't know what this means.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

gleebster posted:

Six Chix is a strip shared by six women, each of who draws one day's strip, trading off on Sunday. Today is Isabella Bannerman's day.

For the life of me, I don't know what this means.

There's no content because the creator is asleep instead of uploading.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
What a surprise, Jason still sucks. Still rooting for him to get killed before this story is over.

Also not that any posted recently have it (that I recall anyway) but I suddenly realized that "Hey buddy" gets used a lot in The Far Side.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is self-contained.

Working Daze is unloved.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is a deepfake.

Cul De Sac is building up suspense.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Jul 1, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Dec 25-26, 1988)

Robbie and Bobby

(Mar 15, 2019)

(Mar 18, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I feel this one in my soul, especially as we're gearing up for another 6-10 inches of snow tonight. :sigh:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (February 28, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 12, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (November 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (March 21, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (August 21, 1935)

Dark Laughter (October 25, 1941)

Mopsy Sunday (July 20, 1947)

Those Were the Days (August 16, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (May 12, 1965)

Wee Pals (May 12, 1965)

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Cul De Sac is building up suspense.

I'll make this easy for you, Petey - he sucked.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Kid Fenris posted:

You'll see this sort of thing when an author has no idea how to write women but doesn't want to appear sexist. So they make every female character a superficially intelligent foil who does little more than remark on and criticize the male characters' stupid ideas or embarrassing quirks.

The token woman in Brewster Rockit has always bugged the hell out of me to the point of dragging the rest of the comic down for this exact reason.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (July 27, 1933)

Peanuts (February 18, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 16, 1937)

Out Our Way (February 6-8, 1936)

Toonerville Folks, March 11, 17-18, 1917.

More long stretches with no daily comics in the NOLA newspaper. The whole world is blowing up at once. On top of the wars in Mexico and Europe (American entry just being a matter of when at this point), the February Revolution launched in Russia. The 200 year-old Romanov dynasty, and by extension the Russian Empire, ended in the space between those first two panels when Nicholas II abdicated the throne and his brother declined to succeed him. Nicholas was reunited with his family under "protective custody" at the Alexander Palace in Tsarskoye Selo. What could possibly go wrong?

Lots of sabre-rattling on the front page throughout the month, and not even comic strip superstars Mutt and Jeff were safe from being preempted in the Crescent City.

My source is crapping the bed again, so ducks are on hold.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

I love this.

That Kliban stuff is so good.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Some Guy TT posted:

Brewster Rockit has always bugged the hell out of me

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 6-8, 1936)

That poor horse :ohdear:

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
good luck horse

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Johnny Walker posted:

That poor horse :ohdear:

It'll be fine, there's no ants there!

Also that last Dark Humour apparently was a collaboration with Charles Adams, huh?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Right. Because if I wanted live somewhere quiet and private, the first place that comes to mind is a college dorm with lots of students and thin walls.

The gently caress is this 'correct instruments' nonsense? Their teacher assigned them to those instruments for good reason. Dinkle, you're a substitute teacher, quit undermining the authority of the woman who replaced you as band director.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

he's calling them out for attempting to prank him by swapping instruments between themselves because that was a thing they did in movies about college in the 1960s.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

That doesn't sound like much of a prank. Why would you want your substitute to think you're incompetent? Also why would you want someone else touching your instrument, especially the ones that involve using your lips?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

amigolupus posted:

Right. Because if I wanted live somewhere quiet and private, the first place that comes to mind is a college dorm with lots of students and thin walls.

That's the joke, I think. I'm pretty sure it's going for "We got used to having no privacy for so long that having too much of it would be uncomfortable, staying in the dorm means we'll only have a little privacy so we can get used to it again."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think it sucks that Zits seems to be going in hard on the "people get CANCELLED on social media for HARMLESS JOKES" angle but I also emphatically don't think the practice of social media ostracizement is such a force of good in the world that it's self-evidently beyond reproach and even the mildest of lampooning.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ghostlight posted:

he's calling them out for attempting to prank him by swapping instruments between themselves because that was a thing they did in movies about college in the 1960s.

:lol: Is that what it's supposed to be? Batiuk really can't set up a joke if his life depends on it.

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's the joke, I think. I'm pretty sure it's going for "We got used to having no privacy for so long that having too much of it would be uncomfortable, staying in the dorm means we'll only have a little privacy so we can get used to it again."

Honestly, I figured the only reason they've living in a college dorm is so DNA Wizard can find herself more unwitting test subjects to turn into half-plant half-gopher creatures or something. :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Some Guy TT posted:

That doesn't sound like much of a prank. Why would you want your substitute to think you're incompetent? Also why would you want someone else touching your instrument, especially the ones that involve using your lips?
When I was in middle/high school orchestra, my friends and I did try each other's instruments, including woodwinds and brass. It varied based on the instrument and who owned the instrument, but it was a mix of curiosity about other instruments and clumsy orchestral flirting. That said, I would've never actually lent my instrument to someone when I couldn't monitor it — instruments are fragile as hell and routinely cost over a thousand dollars. e: this has a corollary where I would never even consider borrowing a friend's instrument if they weren't watching me like a hawk

I don't remember ever having a substitute, although I did end up at various county/state level competitions with people from my school. Swapping instruments to look incompetent would have been break-even for the worst people in my school's orchestra and embarrassing for the best. I don't think the idea ever crossed our collective minds.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 16, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (August 23-27, 1999)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/15/01

Brenda Starr 11/26-28/39

Welp, that cat's gonna die.

Smokey Stover 6/25/39

Richard's Poor Almanac