Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

They do, actually. Well, sort of a sentience. The space gem (tesseract) booted Red Skull onto Vormir and straight up made him a wraith to protect the single hardest to find stone because it didn't like him. Even space rocks know nazis are bad.

I did not actually know this and wondered why the hell Red Skull just showed up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/neon_heartbeat/status/1361538647569305603?s=21

https://twitter.com/neon_heartbeat/status/1361544101028536325?s=21

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
drat, I never read fanfiction featuring an international humanitarian medical non-governmental organisation of French origin when I was growing up. It's all high school poo poo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That's the thing about fanfic: I keep getting older and it stays just as weird and incomprehensible.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That particular model of thermometer/hygrometer failed on me and I hope that frog friend is all right. :ohdear:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Platystemon posted:

That particular model of thermometer/hygrometer failed on me and I hope that frog friend is all right. :ohdear:

The next idea was to check into a hotel downtown where there was electricity, but that also got outage’d so the owner’s back home and the frig spent the night nested in a cup wrapped in a blanket with a hot water bottle. They’re fine so far!

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Ah ok I was confused: I don't really parse 50 degrees as "cold." Rolling blackouts, though, are no joke.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Yes I'm talking about you.

senpai noticed me!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PirateDentist posted:

https://twitter.com/_blutgang/status/1361136874908098692?s=20

I can't imagine being so invested in owning the libs.

For those not familiar with America's storied pancake history, the Aunt Jemima brand has had several updates throughout the years for the art of the woman on their products. Last year they decided to just get away from the connections to their old racist logo and name entirely by rebranding to the "Pearl Milling Company" which was the original name of the mill like 130 years ago. That top bottle our brave hard soul has is a transitional one that removed the artwork while they get the major rebranding work done, supposed to have the new branding around June.

For reference if you're thinking "How bad could it have been? The current lady looks nice." Here is one of the very early versions:

Can't be that American if he's happy to show off an Austrian pistol.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Sunswipe posted:

Can't be that American if he's happy to show off an Austrian pistol.

Gun is gun.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Elblanco posted:

Gun is gun.

Penis is penis.

That is how the movie quote goes, yes?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Would've expected them to show off a Luger instead.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Antigravitas posted:

Would've expected them to show off a Luger instead.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

American gun chuds want to walk around pretending it's the wild west, but none of the cowards will carry a colt peacemaker.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lanky_Nibz posted:

Ah ok I was confused: I don't really parse 50 degrees as "cold." Rolling blackouts, though, are no joke.

50 degrees is no big deal in areas where houses are insulated to stay warm in cold weather, but in a lot of traditionally warm areas they don't do that. If it gets that cold in San Francisco, you'd better hope that you've got warm blankets, or you're going to suffer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Pretty much. It is 39 degrees inside my house in East Texas right now and without power I don't have options to change that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

PirateDentist posted:

https://twitter.com/_blutgang/status/1361136874908098692?s=20

I can't imagine being so invested in owning the libs.

For those not familiar with America's storied pancake history, the Aunt Jemima brand has had several updates throughout the years for the art of the woman on their products. Last year they decided to just get away from the connections to their old racist logo and name entirely by rebranding to the "Pearl Milling Company" which was the original name of the mill like 130 years ago. That top bottle our brave hard soul has is a transitional one that removed the artwork while they get the major rebranding work done, supposed to have the new branding around June.

For reference if you're thinking "How bad could it have been? The current lady looks nice." Here is one of the very early versions:

owning the for-profit company by continuing to buy their products.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
50 degrees can be sweater weather if you’re used to it but my fiance lives in Houston and the weather page set for his area dips below 100 for like two months out of twelve and the house is a massive thermal bridge

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

ultrafilter posted:

50 degrees is no big deal in areas where houses are insulated to stay warm in cold weather, but in a lot of traditionally warm areas they don't do that. If it gets that cold in San Francisco, you'd better hope that you've got warm blankets, or you're going to suffer.

Dallas was around 2° overnight last night.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
West Texas is basically having a full on canadian winter atm.

Lol when my canadian ex visited years ago though and didn't even bring a winter coat so we had to immediately go thrifting for a coat hat and gloves. You notice how everyone in Breaking Bad is wearing jackets even in bright sunny weather?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Elblanco posted:

Gun is gun.

Gun and gun!!! What is gun?!?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Real gun friends we made along the way??

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

American gun chuds want to walk around pretending it's the wild west, but none of the cowards will carry a colt peacemaker.

The gun chuds want to walk around pretending it is the movie and television show version of the wild west. Many towns had pretty strict rules about guns back in the wild west days.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I will not be movie-splained by an 09, thank you very much.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Well the movie versions ignore that the real western towns didn't really take kindly to no armed strangers rollin' in and startin' shootouts in the town square.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I will not be movie-splained by an 09, thank you very much.

Too late

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

West Texas is basically having a full on canadian winter atm.

Lol when my canadian ex visited years ago though and didn't even bring a winter coat so we had to immediately go thrifting for a coat hat and gloves. You notice how everyone in Breaking Bad is wearing jackets even in bright sunny weather?

I visited Houston once in december and never put on more than a t-shirt while everyone else seemed cold as gently caress :smug:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

goblin week posted:

I visited Houston once in december and never put on more than a t-shirt while everyone else seemed cold as gently caress :smug:

They were probably mainly confused why you were wandering around with your dick poking out from under your t-shirt.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/sheabutterbelle/status/1361394880380043270?s=20

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

No shirt no shoes no service, is perfectly fine, but MASKS, that's going too far!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

No shirt, no shoes, and definitely no Jews

What a sad state of affairs

Edit: Never fast enough

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Elblanco posted:

No shirt no shoes no service, is perfectly fine, but MASKS, that's going too far!

Those motherFUCKERS.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1361711093249359877?s=20

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

An idiot and a coward.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

That's cool. Pretending to throw an imaginary ball was bullshit anyways.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's the thing about fanfic: I keep getting older and it stays just as weird and incomprehensible.
The thing is, the offensive ones you see online are being posted by members of the fic community, who see them as outliers. It's never "Ooh, I saw that Supernatural story set during the Haitian earthquake! So great!" It's "OMG did you even SEE that trainwreck?"

Of course, there is A/B/O, of which I can only say that you had (have) to be there.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

I know fox news is cheating but
https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1361711837193113603?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The thing is, the offensive ones you see online are being posted by members of the fic community, who see them as outliers. It's never "Ooh, I saw that Supernatural story set during the Haitian earthquake! So great!" It's "OMG did you even SEE that trainwreck?"

Of course, there is A/B/O, of which I can only say that you had (have) to be there.

Of course they hate that one, it doesn't have any incest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

ben shapino posted:

I like how you sort of think maybe it's going to be a comic about how even bodybuilders have a variety of interests and aren't necessarily the dumb brutes people make them out to be and that you shouldn't judge people by their appearances but then no it's literally a comic about how everyone that's in better shape than you is stupid and droning on for hours about Batman or whatever actually does make you an interesting person.

How can one person have been so obviously bullied and yet clearly not bullied enough

Nerds vs. jocks is just toxic masculinity feuding with itself, to the detriment of everyone and everything else.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

A/B/O is showing up in published romances now, so you're welcome world.

there wolf has a new favorite as of 18:44 on Feb 16, 2021