Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I heard a rumor that we... live in a society?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mordiceius posted:

I heard a rumor that we... live in a society?

hosed up if true.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've recently rewatched Buffy with the knowledge that Dawn and Xander end up together. The way he's posessive and controlling of her makes my skin crawl.

I would just like to say that Joss is a loving psycho and a probable sex pest.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Frasier had a joke about Daphne's actor's pregnancy, iirc.

They actually wrote her weight gain into the show. That season was in the immediate aftermath of Niles and Daphne ditching their new and/or soon to be spouses and finally trying to be with each other. So the first half of the season Daphne slowly gains weight as the actress gets closer to giving birth. Frasier and Martin start to make mean jokes, you start to see Daphne eating more, and the whole time Niles completely ignores it until a moment when he can’t pull her up after she’s fallen makes her realize what’s happened and she goes away to a spa to deal with her obsessive eating. Daphne and Jane Leeves are both away for a few episodes (in one Frasier asks Niles how she’s doing, he says great, she’s already lost 9 pounds and 12 ounces, a reference to the birthweight of Leeves’ new baby), and when she comes back there’s a whole 2 part episode where Daphne talks about how her weight gain and eating were part of her anxiety of not living up to Niles’ image of her, because he’s been in love with a fantasy version of her for like, 6 seasons. Niles couldn’t see her as she really was, dealing with anxiety and pressure in an unhealthy way, because he was blinded by the image in his head.

Plus they couldn’t *really* be together in public because Niles’ ex-wife required him to carry on a sham marriage that he would eventually end by acting like a cad in front of her social circle and letting her publicly end it on her terms. All so she could save face and not have it be publicly know that a fancy rich doctor lady got left basically at the altar for a housekeeper. It’s a very psychological and farcical way to deal with it, befitting the show.

It me, the guy who has watched Frasier too much.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
What the hell is Frasier

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Collapsing Farts posted:

What the hell is Frasier

A miserable pile of secrets (which must be kept by increasingly farcical means)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still reckon a Frasier/Batman crossover would be solid gold.

Aside from the obvious hook of the Crane boys being a relative of one Jonathan Crane, I'm picturing Frasier having Bruce Wayne cornered at a fancy charity ball and Bruce having the gnaw-my-own-leg-off look as he's desperately hoping for a signal that the Joker is about to explode something.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Collapsing Farts posted:

What the hell is Frasier

A child has entered the fray.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still reckon a Frasier/Batman crossover would be solid gold.

Aside from the obvious hook of the Crane boys being a relative of one Jonathan Crane, I'm picturing Frasier having Bruce Wayne cornered at a fancy charity ball and Bruce having the gnaw-my-own-leg-off look as he's desperately hoping for a signal that the Joker is about to explode something.

Niles becomes a mafia guy after Carmine Falcone starts coming to his practice. By the time he realizes what's going on with all the "special favours" he's getting, he's in too deep. He eventually gets out of it (Falcone is afraid of Maris).
Martin keeps bragging about the time he helped the Batman back when he was on the beat. When Frasier and Niles run into Ra'z al Gul at the opera they have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get the real story.
Frasier gets really into environmentalism after he starts dating Poison Ivy. He tries to replace Martin's Ballantines with a new type of beer that comes in biodegradable cartons.
Roz fucks the Joker (and Frasier gets an interview for his show).

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Mr. Apollo posted:

I can only imagine the FX budget they needed to have Cruise and Cavill appear to be the same height in MI:Fallout.

My favourite part of the mission impossible series is a scene where Cruise tries to stop a sniper from shooting. That dude is laying on his belly but to start the fight, he stands up all menacingly. I think the camera even does a pan to show how that giant towers over Cruise.
That guy was smaller than me.

I've looked it up, it's the beginning if this clip.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OArHd5pe8Ls

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 16, 2021

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Vintersorg posted:

A child has entered the fray.

They do not hear the blues a-callin.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
There's some comics coming out that continue the story of Batman '89 if you want to see Marlon Wayans Robin. Pretty cool.

E: Tom Cruise has also mastered his height. He stands in such a way in pictures where he is closer in the foreground so he appears taller. It's not just italian boot heels for the guy.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Shanty posted:

Niles becomes a mafia guy after Carmine Falcone starts coming to his practice. By the time he realizes what's going on with all the "special favours" he's getting, he's in too deep. He eventually gets out of it (Falcone is afraid of Maris).

There is actually an episode where Niles gets in with organized crime, except it’s to clear Maris of a parking ticket on her record after Martin won’t ask his cop buddies to make it disappear. Then Frasier gets roped in because the mob boss’s lady is a big fan of Frasier’s show and he wants Frasier to take a call from his lady and give her fake advice that will convince her to accept his proposal of marriage. But then she calls, the problems she outlines sound real to Frasier (he wants to take away her freedom and not let her have a job) and so he gives her the advice he is duty bound to as a licensed psychiatrist.

Of course the real reason the mob boss will not let his lady friend hold a job is because she is incompetent at everything, and instead of revealing to his future wife that she is a dodo, he just forbids her from working.

How will this farcical situation resolve? You’ll have to tune in to the Hallmark Channel at 1est to find out.

I’m just gonna keep synopsizing Frasier episodes in this thread, I dare anyone to stop me

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

DC Murderverse posted:

There is actually an episode where Niles gets in with organized crime, except it’s to clear Maris of a parking ticket on her record after Martin won’t ask his cop buddies to make it disappear. Then Frasier gets roped in because the mob boss’s lady is a big fan of Frasier’s show and he wants Frasier to take a call from his lady and give her fake advice that will convince her to accept his proposal of marriage. But then she calls, the problems she outlines sound real to Frasier (he wants to take away her freedom and not let her have a job) and so he gives her the advice he is duty bound to as a licensed psychiatrist.

Of course the real reason the mob boss will not let his lady friend hold a job is because she is incompetent at everything, and instead of revealing to his future wife that she is a dodo, he just forbids her from working.

How will this farcical situation resolve? You’ll have to tune in to the Hallmark Channel at 1est to find out.

I’m just gonna keep synopsizing Frasier episodes in this thread, I dare anyone to stop me

Come to think of it, it would have to be Sal Maroni instead because they could absolutely get Eric Roberts back for that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Through some convoluted series of events and decisions that all made sense at the time, Frasier finds himself wearing an outlandish costume, appearing to hold Gotham hostage unless his demands are met, and is very surprised when Batman shows up. Frasier insists he has a logical explanation for everything. Actually, that's probably the opening framing device.

Batman definitely knows Maris.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Batman definitely knows Maris.

Batman IS Maris.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Through some convoluted series of events and decisions that all made sense at the time, Frasier finds himself wearing an outlandish costume, appearing to hold Gotham hostage unless his demands are met, and is very surprised when Batman shows up.

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame* Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering.....
Baba O'Riley starts playing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fraiser is the Clock King.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was trying to figure out who Kelsey Grammar could play and I think he could do any of them. The only one he might struggle with is the Joker but gently caress that applies to anybody

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I was trying to figure out who Kelsey Grammar could play and I think he could do any of them. The only one he might struggle with is the Joker but gently caress that applies to anybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdKvtcTzqUw

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Joker as an erudite gas-bag whose loss of sanity is masked by his compulsion to bloviate and plan overcomplex farcical crimes?

"Oh Batman... as William Buckley would say.... the sky's the limit"

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHHk4zERyU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Hey baby, I hear the Commish callin'
Poison Ivy teamed up with Bane

Oh my.

And maybe I seem unamused
Yeah maybe, cause my parents are dead!
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!

But I don't know what to with Poison Ivy or with Bane
He's callin' again

Good night, Gotham, we love you!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh, honestly, Bruce!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh, honestly, Bruce!

idea to fix the lame character Hush: make him the Niles to Batman's Frasier

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Niles is the Joker, Daphne is Harley and Roz would be the best ever poison ivy.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Who will be Maris

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
thinkin about how endgame had cap wistfully say 'well at least the whales are coming back' and wishing somebody had looked at him/the camera and said 'half of them, maybe'

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Who will be Maris
Clayface.

Or Inque

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Bootleg Trunks posted:

Who will be Maris

You can't have her on screen, so this is a tough one. Clayface is a cheeky workaround, but I think the best pick is to have her running the League of Assassins from the shadows. Mari's Al Ghul.

e: vvv :vince: vvv

Shanty fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 19, 2021

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

brawleh fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 19, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

She's ridiculously wealthy, has a social life with the elite to match it, has all kinds of implicit personality disorders on top of an incredibly bizarre physical appearance and yet is considered attractive and even charismatic, Bruce Wayne has absolutely met her in either or both identities.

...Alfred is definitely the one they'd have the chemistry with. And who would find a surprising kinship with Martin.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

:perfect:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

She's ridiculously wealthy, has a social life with the elite to match it, has all kinds of implicit personality disorders on top of an incredibly bizarre physical appearance and yet is considered attractive and even charismatic, Bruce Wayne has absolutely met her in either or both identities.

...Alfred is definitely the one they'd have the chemistry with. And who would find a surprising kinship with Martin.

It's it simply that she's VERY thin? There's gotta be a Skeleton Jack type in the rogue's gallery.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Inzombiac posted:

It's it simply that she's VERY thin? There's gotta be a Skeleton Jack type in the rogue's gallery.

Jane Doe and Ragdoll come to mind, but given she never appears onscreen and is sometimes implied to have wild weight fluctuations for all her life, and is described as 'not quite human', who knows.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1363683230323384321

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

please do not show me the bad tweet

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Marvel fans never watched movies before marvel

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

WandaVision has been pretty cool so far with the exception of some hand-holdy segments once the SWORD stuff starts interjecting

Hopefully the pay off is actually ambitious and it doesn't amount to "we radically changed the status quo!...for a few episodes but then we reset it because magic" which would be the wrong lesson to adopt from comics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The stuff in the little hex is really good and I am liking it a lot. Once they get out though it's the same old MCU formulaic bullshit.