Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

SirPhoebos posted:

When has low legitimacy caused any issues? :v:
Especially with that overextension, huh?

I'm voting for A, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

So, our choices are between the heir of an extremely powerful dynasty, a powerful and experienced general, or an isolated political novice who lacks legitimacy in her own right.

As a representative of the Tibetan aristocracy who loathes the notion of someone being more powerful than himself, the choice is obvious: C.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 16, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There is time to groom and teach this young candidate the finer points of rule and management and make them a capable ruler in their own right. There is time, not matter how short to show them the proper path. This is a time to rest and settles ones spirits after a period of hard exertion. There must be balance and in this period, A is ideal for the leader for this period.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Gesar Lasya has shown that the true reincarnation of Gyalyum can come from anywhere, that blood matters not for greatness. However, the Purgyals have been a steady tiller at the hand for centuries. Therefore, we must return them to be stewards until She returns to us once more. A.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

No nobles under heaven. C.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
C, there's no way this could go wrong!

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
C, let the world burn!

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

zealouscub posted:

Usual Japan and not-California update along with what that Orang/Tan blob in the East Coast and Western Europe is.

The hegemony of the Taira has taken a blow from which it may never recover. Its territories have been reduced from nearly all of the Japanese home islands to a small strip of land stretching from Kiyosu in the south, to the far province of Echigo in the north. There are also its remaining 'possessions' in Siberia, but these are remote and perhaps beyond any contact.

At its expense, the other major clans have established their regional territories: the Utsunomiya in the east; the Tsutsui in the center of the country, with control over old Kyoto; and the in the west. The latter, often decried as 'pirates' by the various Chinese states to the west, have control over a broad maritime state stretching from the home islands in the north to ports in Taiwan and northern Luzon.

Also of note are the independent Ainu. While still paying tribute to the Utsunomiya domain, they have regained a measure of independence over domestic affairs.

This part of Ixachitlan has remained relatively stable. The Séliš kingdm in the north, Niukonska exclaves near Úytaahkoo and the En-'ne-sen towns; and the Dine in the broad river valley, and finally the Iréchecua Tzintzuntzáni, under Hiquinaje IV, all the way down to the coastal Mixteca valleys.

Finally, the theocratic empire of the Tsalagihi Ayeli is one of the world's great colonial empires. Its control over the many natural ports of the eastern coast has given their empire a springboard to hold many transoceanic territories.

This part of the continent of Yorop (as the Tibetans call it) has become a palimpsest of empires: the Triple Alliance, the Norse, Hualanitstlan, and finally the Tsalagihi Ayeli. They have heard of the rumors of riches and fertile farms; and of the threat of cannibalism. They are now the most recent polity to have any claim to control over this place, and they are surrounded by Ayitian rebels who call for the end of the sultanate and call for a 'Jamahuriya, and Lotharingians and Germans to their east.

Current Vote Total:
A - The Purgyal: 10 (Chatrapati, Alikchi, Akratic Method, RagnarokZ, habeasdorkus, Lynneth, Jeoh, frankenfreak, Xelkelvos, Soup du Jour)
B - The General: 2 (Lord Cyrahzax, ThatBasqueGuy)
C - The Favourite: 15 (Technowolf, Videowitch, NewMars, Tulip, Pacho, Snipee, zealouscub, AJ_Impy, Polgas, SirPhoebos, Albino Squirrel, QuoProQuid, megane, TinTower, TheDavies)

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Is that Taira collapse a sustained phenomena or is it a civil war that might resolve soon?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
They are sure to have great facial hair, and that is what is most important. A. for Tenzin.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Tulip posted:

Is that Taira collapse a sustained phenomena or is it a civil war that might resolve soon?

Mechanically, it looks like the shogun mechanics have been disabled, so there are just 'Princedoms' and a 'Pirate Confederacy', as well as the Ikko-Ikki movement.

The 'Unite Japan' decision is still available, so the Taira could make a comeback, it's harder to do at this point and this late in the game.

kw0134 posted:

What that a thematic choice, or is that because you're China, thus you get the EU4 China Experience™ including its janky court mechanics?

Sorry I missed this one earlier. A little of both. Mechanically, with the annexation of Canton province, the 'Seize the Mandate of Heaven' CB was available.

In the narrative sense, unanimous voting for military expansion might go to a republican leader's head.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Easy solution: make the position of elected leader of the Republic and Emperor the same. When the term of office is over, they also "abdicate" as Emperor.

The spiritual "son of heaven" aspect of being Emperor of China could complicate things but nothing a few decades of propaganda can't fix.

E: alternate solution, China/Heavenly Republic is now a constitutional monarchy

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 17, 2021

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
How foolish, to assume Heaven has not many children!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm loathe to accept a teenager, but all the more an elder, so let's go with something relatively simple and bring back the Purgyals. A

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Rody One Half posted:

I'm loathe to accept a teenager, but all the more an elder, so let's go with something relatively simple and bring back the Purgyals. A

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The Purgyals were good, and they'll be good again. A.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Obliterati posted:

How foolish, to assume Heaven has not many children!

Sounds like a vote for A baby

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

C

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
15 for A and 16 for C at the moment. If we tie do we end up with a civil war anyways? :yeshaha:

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
A

:getin:

Caustic Soda
Nov 1, 2010
A

A teen ruler with unknown stats, what could possibly go wrong?

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
I'll throw in for C.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

B

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

i81icu812 posted:

Sounds like a vote for A baby

Hell no. I'm voting C.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Just a heads up to everyone, I'll be pushing the end of voting forward to Friday, February 19th, at 9 PM EST. Saturday isn't going to work out.

Current Vote Total:
A - The Purgyal: 17 (Chatrapati, Alikchi, Akratic Method, RagnarokZ, habeasdorkus, Lynneth, Jeoh, frankenfreak, Xelkelvos, Soup du Jour, Ralepozozaxe, Rody One Half, Ferrovanadium, i81icu812, McGavin, punched my v-card at camp, Caustic Soda)
B - The General: 3 (Lord Cyrahzax, ThatBasqueGuy, TheFlyingLlama)
C - The Favourite: 18 (Technowolf, Videowitch, NewMars, Tulip, Pacho, Snipee, zealouscub, AJ_Impy, Polgas, SirPhoebos, Albino Squirrel, QuoProQuid, megane, TinTower, TheDavies, idhrendur, Rubix Squid, Obliterati)

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Voting A to make things interesting

Skavenlord
Jan 31, 2021
A

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

You can't cut back on lesbians! You will regret this!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I don't think it'll be hard to find a gay Purgyal, one of our biggest cultural heroes is one.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Rocketing into the thread for the first time in centuries to toss in a C vote because >:]

(in actuality, gently caress hereditary succession)

Mirdini fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 19, 2021

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
A

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Swapping from B to C because uhhh

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
:siren: The vote is closed. :siren:

A) The Purgyal, Tenzin. 20: (Chatrapati, Alikchi, Akratic Method, RagnarokZ, habeasdorkus, Lynneth, Jeoh, frankenfreak, Xelkelvos, Soup du Jour, Ralepozozaxe, Rody One Half, Ferrovanadium, i81icu812, McGavin, punched my v-card at camp, Caustic Soda, ChocolatePancake, Skavenlord, Iceblocks)
B) The General, Dorje. 2: (Lord Cyrahzax, TheFlyingLlama)
C) The Favourite, Tashi. 20: (Technowolf, Videowitch, NewMars, Tulip, Pacho, Snipee, zealouscub, AJ_Impy, Polgas, SirPhoebos, Albino Squirrel, QuoProQuid, megane, TinTower, TheDavies, idhrendur, Rubix Squid, Obliterati, Mirdini, ThatBasqueGuy)

With 42 votes, the result is a tie between the Purgyal, Tenzin and The Favourite, Tashi. This will have consequences.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kangxi posted:

This will have consequences.

:unsmigghh:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Kangxi posted:

This will have consequences.

I would like to be the first to claim all bragging rights to the incoming golden age of Tibet

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

I vote for The General!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
I said I would rather have no tibet than a tibetan empire again. I meant it.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Co-emperor/esses!

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

the real question is who is the general going to support in the upcoming civil war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I suggested painting a big red line down the middle of the empire and letting them each run half of it. The throne’s pretty wide, you know, they can just sort of squeeze in there together.

e: Also they have to share an apartment and solve crime