Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Rectal Death Adept posted:

so liberals are like dogs and infants and you can say whatever you want to them as long as it's in a really soothing voice apparently

"Why yes....we are gonna keep those little kids in their cages....yes we will....yes we will"
"IT IS SO NICE TO HEAR A PRESIDENT SPEAK IN SOFT TONES"

p much yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
the dems are going to pass something like "$15 in 10 years!" and everyone is going to cheer and we're going to be soooo very hosed.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/austinruse/status/1361893045260742658

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

uphold Bidenist thought

revenge for the Century of Humiliation

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

When they called it the "New Deal"

what does the word "Deal" mean?

One party exchanges something,

in exchange for some other thing.

The billionaires had to give a lot of money.

What did they receive in exchange?

witchy
Apr 23, 2019

one step forward one step back

Cool Bear posted:

their lives/most of their fortunes

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:hmmyes:

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

witchy posted:

FDR was an agent in their employ himself who worked on their behalf to make sure that the DEAL w

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mostly Lurking posted:

the dems are going to pass something like "$15 in 10 years!" and everyone is going to cheer and we're going to be soooo very hosed.

It's gonna own if they actually pull it off, and then the next republican administration just loving rolls it back.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
am i the only one who didn't realize harry reid was dead

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
he died?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stellers bae posted:

Harry Reid is NOT dead. The Las Vegas Airport might be named after him, but (so far) it wouldn't be posthumous.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

drat

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

stellers bae posted:

yeah he looks real bad

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
oh sorry i saw 'the former' and my mind read it as 'the late'

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

It's gonna own if they actually pull it off, and then the next republican administration just loving rolls it back.

Yeah, that would be on par for the course and would be part of the plan for the dems since they're primary goal would to be get a nice pat on the head from capital. My main worry would be the increasingly insane and fascist republicans would realize helping, even if a little, would be best for them and becoming something of a populist party.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Mostly Lurking posted:

Yeah, that would be on par for the course and would be part of the plan for the dems since they're primary goal would to be get a nice pat on the head from capital. My main worry would be the increasingly insane and fascist republicans would realize helping, even if a little, would be best for them and becoming something of a populist party.

I am curious about a time when a populist party caused effective change in the government. Could such a thing happen now? I am reminded of a time when our president FDR coined the term "New DEAL" and I wonder what that means to you during the current crises

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mostly Lurking posted:

so-called right-wing "populists" like Hawley are ultimately too self-aware and too tied to a donor base to make more than just noises towards throwing scraps of a welfare state to the people

EDIT: I suppose this doesn't preclude the possibility of them winning elections regardless just on the back of making such promises, and then not doing them

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 09:24 on Feb 17, 2021

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

cool bear

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
Pretty sure what it means to me is what I already posted. I have no clue what the DEAL would be based off of the 1000s of variables at play but it would be massively better with someone actually critical of capital at the head rather than a party that views America owns the world.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

yeah so, here we are in a democracy.... and whats that guys job? senator? i wont run for that. im too busy being a computer programmer

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

the NEW DEAL means they exchange

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
For some reason I mixed up Reid and Ted Stevens and thought it was a very unfortunate choice

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

Cornelius R. Wingerfart rotunds into the smoking chamber, as the yellow clouds respectfully waft out of his way; slightly annoyed.

He exclaims that the petulant new president has PRESENTED DEMANDS TO HIM

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

"I swear we told them to go into the chain linked fence area which had been designated a free speech zone"

Cornelius did not believe the messenger.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

drank too much. "the new deal" means make a deal. it means make them want something

Cool Bear has issued a correction as of 09:55 on Feb 17, 2021

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Cool Bear posted:

drank too much.

thank you for your service

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

witchy posted:

That was a big mistake, imo.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

He lost a whole bunch until he won, because the conditions enabling his rise where never addressed, and his enemies never got their act together
Joe is Hindenburg because his brain is also mush.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1361872383250939906?s=19

Love my racist grandpa president!

He, and the Dems he perfectly represents, are good!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

lmfao isn't this like the third time he's brought this up?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Joker laughing while reading that one woman tweeting repeatedly about how she and her husband were JUST talking about this yesterday.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together in lumbar supporting leather seats which provide a comfortable drive that is unparalleled by luxury sedans.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression will be transformed into an oasis of refined luxury and obsessive craftsmanship inside and out.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their 2021 Cadillac CT5,

Your lips to God's ears.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

PhilippAchtel posted:

Was this recently?? Lmfao if this is his go-to story about how far America's come with race

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

PhilippAchtel posted:

love when the most progressive president in history is def one of those old people that twice a day drops a word for a specific ancestry ethnicity fraction you have to look up in a musty dictionary

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BubetteS/status/1361872001888002055

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

People like Ana Navarro can't make it any more clear her problem with Trump was entirely because he came off as low class.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the people, you know the people, in the cities -- the kids. they know all about line dancing but dont know how to get on the line to buy healthcare. theyre so busy doing lines they cant get in line to get a vaccine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Cool Bear posted:

The continued use of their heads, and a lack of a USSRA.