Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Asimo posted:

I still maintain the entire anti-vax movement stems from people who are scared of needles due to having the emotional maturity of toddlers. That's it, that's the entire reason, everything else is just elaborate flimsy justification for their cowardice. Every goddamn anti-vax screed inevitably gives it away with some "and then they JAB YOU with the DEATH SYRINGE" style comment. The creepily weeping stuck children in garrison's comic is just the visual variant.

I think there is a bit more to it than that, but from people who saw the list of chemicals used preserve vaccines had Mercury in it, and immediately assumed that the syringe was just mercury with other chemicals added in. At least, that always seems to be the other point they bring up in relation to vaccines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
...And then they came to impeach me, but they can't because I'm not an elected official so this metaphor doesn't work at all.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
I'm not normally one to join in on the "gently caress Ted Rall" train but man does he deserve it.

If he's going to go all in on blatant conservative talking points then the third panel might as well be Disney "impeaching" the Mandalorian actress; it'd make just as much sense.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Moon Slayer posted:

Maybe I'm just too dumb and American to pick up the subtleties of these but for the life of me I can never figure out what these people are actually arguing for. The government is imposing arbitrary lockdown rules that don't help but they're also lifting them too fast and also people are overreacting to COVID? I know these are coming from different political stances but still.

So you know that this is a sampling from across the political spectrum, but still you expect them to argue in a single voice. Why would you do that?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

When Trump starts his own media conglomerate*, Todd Rool's gonna be its in-house editorial cartoonist, isn't he?

*this will not happen, it'll end up being a pricey membership thing with zero perks and he'll stiff a bunch of people on pay before shutting it down

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

D.N. Nation posted:

When Trump starts his own media conglomerate*, Todd Rool's gonna be its in-house editorial cartoonist, isn't he?

*this will not happen, it'll end up being a pricey membership thing with zero perks and he'll stiff a bunch of people on pay before shutting it down

The Failing Trump Times (which I never gave permission to name) and its dishonest staffers are now trying to illegally sue me with the help of a biased foreign judge because they can't manage their finances. Sad, & very unfair. Editor Shapiro is a bitter loser. Strongly condemn!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

jfc you guys it's clearly just an absurd joke

The final panel is a joke about how even if you went "too far" and impeached everyone in government it wouldn't be a problem for anyone

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

UZworm posted:

It's kind of fascinating seeing in comic form the thoughts of one of those online leftists who knew they couldn't say it out loud, but ABSOLUTELY wanted Trump to win re-election just to stick it to... someone, and are now seething that he didn't

(but kind of inevitable cause Rall wasn't even subtle about it pre-election)

How in the world do you expect Accelerationism to work if we keep electing milquetoast corporatists instead of full-blown Nazi chuds?

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

D.N. Nation posted:

No, it would be Zyklon Ben. Todd's trumps are not sexy enough.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

I’m lady liberty, crouching behind the chair, waiting for my chance for green-skinned threesome with the captain *furiously scribbling in notebook labeled ‘MyFanfics’*

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

jfc you guys it's clearly just an absurd joke

The final panel is a joke about how even if you went "too far" and impeached everyone in government it wouldn't be a problem for anyone

Yeah I thought the point was very clear - "it's funny that the impeachments are cascading because it's so hard to actually convict any of these shitheads, and it can be extrapolated to a surreal degree, but it's fine because nobody with a soul is in danger"

It doesn't read as any sort of pro-Trump thing, just bemusement at the contortions of our political system when an evil maniac is constantly inches away from conviction for his illegal activity, but never actually convicted. Rall's a lovely artist but he's not a Trump guy

Civilized Fishbot fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 17, 2021

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The Ren and Stimpy pajamas are a nice touch (John K. is a bad man).

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

toanoradian posted:

Hey, Rall said a good thing.

Rall imagines he's important enough to be impeached.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh the pillow is real

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

What is this metaphor? Did he just have a DEBT cartoon lying around that he changed the labels to make more topical?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Imagine not only writing this self-own but publishing it.

No actual concrete policy criticisms, no better ideas, just admitting your politics start and end at "other sports team is on top and that's bad!"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

...did a lot of people have "mypillows"? We just got some sort of memory foam thing at ikea when we bought the bed. What is it with luxury pillows?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Over/Under on the amount of Rush Limbaugh obit comics tomorrow?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

https://twitter.com/jparkABC/status/1362086875264135169?s=19

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Yeah I thought the point was very clear - "it's funny that the impeachments are cascading because it's so hard to actually convict any of these shitheads, and it can be extrapolated to a surreal degree, but it's fine because nobody with a soul is in danger"

It doesn't read as any sort of pro-Trump thing, just bemusement at the contortions of our political system when an evil maniac is constantly inches away from conviction for his illegal activity, but never actually convicted. Rall's a lovely artist but he's not a Trump guy

He’s referencing a poem about the Holocaust, though. If it’s a joke, that’s only because it’s indistinguishable from actual right wing rhetoric about how Republicans are being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany.

Kuros posted:

Over/Under on the amount of Rush Limbaugh obit comics tomorrow?

drat, I thought I’d get to break the news.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

praise god

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

on a joyous day such as this, my heart has room for even the ted rall defenders. i love you all. happy rush limbaugh death day everyone

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Rush Limbaugh funeral city. 350,000,000 dead.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Brace yourselves for Rush Limbaugh In Heaven toons

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Political Cartoons 2021: Zap! CANCER

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Doesn't drunk duck have a child character named after Rush

also his parents got divorced because his mother didn't want their son named after Rush

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ted Rall is also spreading straight up right wing lies in the first panel of his cartoon, implying Trump only wanted Ukraine to investigate corruption from Biden. He even wrote with "This is America, we don't investigate corruption!" which is a sign he believes Trump genuinely just wanted to end corruption in American politics, rather than what he actually did, which was attempt to use a foreign country to smear a political opponent for an election advantage.

Rall is a piece of poo poo and I can't believe people are defending a cartoon which has a panel indistinguishable from the poo poo that Limbaugh and Hannity say.

Or I should say, that Limbaugh used to say, because he's loving dead! :toot:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

If Ramirez were a remotely competent cartoonist or caricaturist this could be an entirely passable cartoon. Keep the plane as is, Kong is an unlabelled Cuomo, and there is nothing written on the Empire State. It would just say the truth would take out Cuomo. Because as it is it looks like Cuomo is... climbing a big tower of nursing home deaths? And only truth can... knock him off?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Gavin Williamson's free speech crusade — The government is to appoint a ‘free-speech champion’ and warn heritage bodies against taking significant steps in re-evaluating British history"

Telegraph:

Most UK pubs could not reopen under April beer garden plan, says industry

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Revealed: Cummings' role in handing Covid contract to firm run by 'friends'

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Harry & Meghan's TV chat

Bonus! Stephen Collins from last November:

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ted Rall is also spreading straight up right wing lies in the first panel of his cartoon, implying Trump only wanted Ukraine to investigate corruption from Biden. He even wrote with "This is America, we don't investigate corruption!" which is a sign he believes Trump genuinely just wanted to end corruption in American politics, rather than what he actually did, which was attempt to use a foreign country to smear a political opponent for an election advantage.

Rall is a piece of poo poo and I can't believe people are defending a cartoon which has a panel indistinguishable from the poo poo that Limbaugh and Hannity say.

Or I should say, that Limbaugh used to say, because he's loving dead! :toot:

There's a reason the whole "Rall draws a paycheck from Sputnik News, a literal Russian propaganda outlet" thing keeps coming up.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:kstare:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

This got me good before I finally realized... I spent so long trying to decipher Branco's message.
You(?) even changed the date to 2021! That really threw me lmao

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Teketeketeketeke posted:

This got me good before I finally realized... I spent so long trying to decipher Branco's message.
You(?) even changed the date to 2021! That really threw me lmao

Aww, this isn't a real one? I am disappoint.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

'Very, very hard to believe' PM's staff did not know about alleged rape, Malcolm Turnbull says (ABC)

Knight:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Wilcox:

Rowe:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Cloud Potato posted:

Bonus! Stephen Collins from last November:

Collins is always great.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist