Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

flavor.flv posted:

Roses are red
They grow in the soil
Watch the gently caress out
If your country has oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

the paradigm shift posted:

add gta elements for dealing with the customers

Renaissance Robot posted:

Every time you click to undo a bolt the game rolls a die to decide if the PO put red loctite on it.

Revvik posted:

*clicks to remove bolt*
Pop up: “PO replaced the metric bolt with an imperial from the hardware store”
*opens Diablo-style inventory to check for imperial tool*

Slide Hammer posted:

How much torque do you want to apply? Hit the center!
*Gadget oscillates with variable speed depending on how inebriated you are*
"Nailed the center! With my +2 in wrist control and the 3/4ths ratchet this will do 133 unscrew damage"
You did 3 unscrew damage!
*Checks entity status screen, bolt has little crossthreaded icon next to it that wasn't there before*

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It’s a 20 sided die and 19 of the sides are loctite

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Humphreys posted:

My mates had a Camel named Omah that just LOVED to rub up on the electric fences. One day he got a little to excited at it all and busted through and started loving one of the guests cars.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:eyepop:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

lol at the goon that googles this reference

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

china bot posted:

lol at the goon that googles this reference

If you click through, someone in fact did, to their regret.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I wish I hadn't looked up the original.

:(

Anyone who doesn't know, if you look up the original you'll see a picture of the aftermath of a suicide.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

FMGuru posted:

working as a prop person on trek or star wars must be fun because you know that something that you whip together in an hour in order to meet a shooting schedule that just got moved up will be the subject of endless meticulous efforts to reconstruct by nerds squinting at freeze frames

*spray paints three tic-tac boxes silver, hot glues them to the handle of a toilet plunger*
eh good enough, its not being used in any close ups

five years later some nerd wins a costume contest for spending $5000 to recreate the klingon imperial scepter of authority from cnc-milled aircraft aluminum

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite background piece in star trek was the bong stroker.

Since I know it'll be asked about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPC9dvQDFkg

Stupid_Sexy_Flander has a new favorite as of 05:58 on Feb 16, 2021

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

:lmao: that rules

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Oil! posted:

jokes posted:

(a bunch of stuff about oil)

This is wrong on so many levels that I assume this is a joke.

Long posts but the username/post quote combos got me

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I think my favorite background piece in star trek was the bong stroker.

Since I know it'll be asked about :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPC9dvQDFkg

Bong Stroker will be my pen-name when I write a counter-cultural Dracula sequel set in the 1960's.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karia posted:

Bong Stroker will be my pen-name when I write a counter-cultural Dracula sequel set in the 1960's.

Dankula, or, The Hempire

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Phy posted:

Dankula, or, The Hempire

From now on I'm reporting funny quotes made in the thread itself

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Nenonen posted:

under what circumstances would a seaman even need shoe repairs? the ship breaks down mid-Atlantic and everybody has to walk back home? smh

bewbies posted:

Why would a ship need food storage? Can't they just fish?

CoolCab posted:

That makes me curious - can you fish in a submarine if you had to? Like, you were on some stay-dark mission and your food supplies all spoiled, could you get fish into your sub?

Ensign Expendable posted:

Fishing with any kinds of explosives you can get your hands on is a proud tradition of any military.

FuturePastNow posted:

Blast he sonar, kill every whale within 200 miles. Can still only carry 100 pounds back to the wagon sub

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

On a scale of 11-17 how libertarian are you?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That's a good one and I'm going to steal it!

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Phy posted:

Dankula, or, The Hempire

Vlad the Inhaler

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

He wants to smoke your bud!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

frankenfreak posted:

That's a good one and I'm going to steal it!

I'm not sure I get it. Is it referencing the nominal ages of internet libertarians?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Neito posted:

I'm not sure I get it. Is it referencing the nominal ages of internet libertarians?

:reddit:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
It works both ways, that's why it's so good.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

...of SCIENCE! posted:

So is there any actual evidence that Taintrunner is Jefferoo?

pentyne posted:

I don't know, guy with multiple banned accounts, how is it ever possible that some people are easily identified as re-regs of a lovely poster?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

fizzymercy posted:

That thing came from another planet/the future and it's here to telepathically convince humans to destroy one another. That's just facts. We've had many science fiction works to establish this, why are you guys loving it? That's almost definitely how you make it homicidal.

Never gently caress the mystery sphere.

fizzymercy posted:

I was wrong. Please keep loving the mystery sphere. It's working.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The libertarian dial goes to eleven.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The "Mystery Sphere" mentioned in the original thread is really cool, but why the gently caress would you make a touchable art piece now of all times? :yikes:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The "Mystery Sphere" mentioned in the original thread is really cool, but why the gently caress would you make a touchable art piece now of all times? :yikes:

Surface transmission of C19 isn’t a major vector, AIUI. Stick a sanitizer pump next to it if you’re worried.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

admittedly I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of teen girls in 2021

Failed Imagineer posted:

Has to be a better way to phrase this

davidspackage posted:

Look, just try to put yourself into teen girls,

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Das Boo posted:

Oh, the huge anime!

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Platystemon posted:

The libertarian dial goes to eleven.

Actually it starts at 11 and ends at 17

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It does not start at eleven.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Neito posted:

The one constant of libertarianism is that they all want the age of consent to be lowered or removed.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh, so that's what they mean when they say "built like a brick shithouse" eh?

kid sinister posted:

"Jesus Christ, boy! What did you eat?!?"

Wasabi the J posted:

Meatloaf, but I'm watching my cholesterol so I made it with lean beef.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The one constant of libertarianism is that they all want the age of consent to be lowered or removed.

Oh, doy. Dunno what it says that that wasn't my first thought with regard to them.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

From the Austin thread (note to non-Americans: they had a massive snowstorm followed, so far, by power failures, frozen pipes, water pipes freezing, supplies not arriving at grocery stores/pharmacies...)

TaurusTorus posted:

Saw a dude dressed as the Night King from Game of Thrones dancing and waving at cars outside my neighborhood.

i say swears online posted:

oh god we're all gonna fall into a plot hole

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Neito posted:

Oh, doy. Dunno what it says that that wasn't my first thought with regard to them.

"the core belief of a libertarian is that his girlfriend shouldn't have to sit in a booster seat"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

World War Mammories posted:

"the core belief of a libertarian is that his girlfriend shouldn't have to sit in a booster seat"

Aight, that's a good one.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pick posted:

basically if someone goes onto the internet to post as hyperballs hitler and make shitposts about their spec script for "Phat Turdz' Funkest Dunk: a christmas story" while weaving increasingly implausible tales about the smells of their bbq chicken farts, they're probably a pretty decent person just blowing off some steam. they're probably fairly Good in real life but need somewhere to vent the monkey disturbance that lives in the brain of every man. but if someone is on the internet to prove they are actually the apex of moral rectitude, watch the gently caress out. probably an psychopath

here's the thing. people don't have to go onto the interbnet to be more of themselves unless they can't be themselves in person. maybe they like train too much. have too much interest in fountain pen, for those around them. but no one is forced to go Underground about being too good of a person , or respecting women too much . u got to look out for the people who have to find a more easily controlled tabula rasa playground to assert theyre good because they're probably not very convincing in the "real world" where the " people harmed by their behavior" live

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My too much interest in fountain pen has alienated my famil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Heath posted:

My too much interest in fountain pen has alienated my famil

Big Fountain Pen got him