Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Whoops! Well, I am a bit late for the list, but I did finish a new Expert/Super Expert level that I just may submit as your warmup user level! Surprise, it's another kaizo bounce level! This is a lot more straightforward than my others in an attempt to hit Expert:

Dry Dry Cavern
WW3-VPY-FYF

"Koopas enter, Dry Bones emerge-can you escape this kaizo cavern?" Full jump[s.]"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Prowler posted:

Whoops! Well, I am a bit late for the list, but I did finish a new Expert/Super Expert level that I just may submit as your warmup user level! Surprise, it's another kaizo bounce level! This is a lot more straightforward than my others in an attempt to hit Expert:

Dry Dry Cavern
WW3-VPY-FYF

"Koopas enter, Dry Bones emerge-can you escape this kaizo cavern?" Full jump[s.]"

Sweet, well looking forward to it!

Speaking of, we're live! https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

animesiter
Apr 12, 2005
Got this game recently and I've been enjoying the level maker. Not sure if they're anything special but here's a few I made.

Great Tree
GBX-7DV-DGG

Return To Spooky Manor!
V02-Q23-R1H

And one I made for Groundhog Day
Deja Vu
8C6-HGW-VNF

Prowler
May 24, 2004

New vanilla level!

Chemical Plant Panic
JMJ-3B1-JLF
Plumber's plant panic part 2. Vanilla 'castle' level sans boss fight.

I wanted to make a pseudo castle level using elements inspired by 1, 3, and World's castles (and a bone boat spin at the end).

animesiter posted:

Got this game recently and I've been enjoying the level maker. Not sure if they're anything special but here's a few I made.

Great Tree
GBX-7DV-DGG

Nice level! Especially for being amongst your early efforts.

drat, you have been productive!

Prowler fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 3, 2021

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PST/8 PM EST

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Great Tree
By: Animesiter GBX-7DV-DGG

2. Chemical Plant Panic
By: JMJ-3B1-JLF

3. Castle in the Clouds
By: Onyx_R 965-JNY-XVG

4. It's a beautiful Morning
By: Swaggy Daddy MK2-Y2H-GGF

5. Refreshing Machine Broke
By: Chloe and Timmy B46-KGN-X1G

6. Link's Adventure 3
By: Venomous Diamond J7B-WVC-S9G

7. Spikey's Infinity
By: Danichi D5G-TNC-VFF

8. Darth Philious' level
DRM-CJ6-S9G

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
A bit late, but I managed to finish my next level:

Atmos Fear 02: Cloud Captor

Description: Clouds captured your ship! Find the Declouderizer to break free!
Difficulty: Fluffy

ID: 8PR-MH2-XRG

Also added as 2nd level, World 2, of my Super-World. ID: MNJ-N28-3TG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're live! https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

animesiter
Apr 12, 2005
Made a couple more new stages

The Office Tower
QDC-MG4-8NF
Castle Amongst The Stars
8MV-FY5-BDF

And a couple older ones I liked
Bridge Hill (my first stage)
5Q6-0GW-HRG
The Fairly Decent Pyramid
H5H-B0T-VVF

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Since I have been stuck in the 5.5k Maker Point range for a while (going up and down a lot), I decided to delete more of my less popular levels. I have risen to 5.7k, lol.

I am still obsessed with how levels get "picked up" for random level rotation. The game definitely weighs certain levels over others, which is noticeable by watching streamers play on endless--but is especially obvious in Multiplayer Versus. I am really curious about the thresholds and what causes a level to "drop out."

For a while, one of my levels, Koopa Troopa Nights, had almost as many MP plays as single player plays. But, within the last 2-3 months, it has stopped getting MP plays altogether. Did it get boo'd enough to get knocked out, perhaps? People are notorious for booing a level if they lose.

What I DO know, however, is that getting those first few plays combined with likes is absolutely critical to avoid a level fading to obscurity.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
How many levels do you have?

I have 13 and slowly climbed up to 1k points. If that momentum holds, I'll probably reach 5k around level 30-35. :v:

Also yesterday I tried a level that was like getting sawblades to your face and it had 5+ million likes, so I'm not convinced of your "people hate levels they lose in"-theory. :lol:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Libluini posted:

How many levels do you have?

I have 13 and slowly climbed up to 1k points. If that momentum holds, I'll probably reach 5k around level 30-35. :v:

Also yesterday I tried a level that was like getting sawblades to your face and it had 5+ million likes, so I'm not convinced of your "people hate levels they lose in"-theory. :lol:

I have exactly 30 levels uploaded (down from 33 after deleting a few). :v:

To be clear, I am specifically referring to multiplayer:

There is this weird/annoying thing where people lose a match or play against really laggy people, get salty about it, and take their frustration out on the level by booing it, regardless of whether or not the level is good or works in MP. I've watched multiple streamers do it, I have noted lobbies with folks in MP do it (i.e., I win a match on a well-designed SMB3 level, I like the level, but the net result is a "Boo", meaning everyone else booed it). Heck, I accidentally booed a good level I lost in due to terrible lag because I was frustrated with the game in a "Oh My God Get Me Out of Here" reaction on the results screen.

Sure, this is anecdotal, but it is similar to how selective feedback can be in real life.

I've been told boos in MP do not affect your maker points, but it would make sense if a certain threshold of boos kicked a level out of MP rotation.

Edit: I have quite a few Likes from folks who have not completed levels, and I do the same if I like the level but don't want to destroy the clear rate/it isn't for me but I can tell effort and thought went into it. That's a little different.

Prowler fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 9, 2021

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, multiplayer. Keep forgetting that's a thing in Mario. Mostly 'cause I'm playing Mario to relax, and I'm too competitive to relax when playing with other people. Anyway, this means I know nothing about Mario-multiplayer. :v:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I think the like/boo prompt you get at the end of multiplayer levels is different from the actual likes/boos you give levels. Cause I've liked/booed levels from that end-of-multiplayer game prompt then looked back on my played courses and seen that my selection didn't get registered as an actual like/boo on that course.

I don't think the like/boo at the end of a multiplayer match factors into maker score, and I think it just factors into how often the course gets selected to play in multiplayer. Which is why you see more four-laners in multiplayer than in endless mode.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

The Lobster posted:

My Super World is quite easy, although it's only 9 stages long. Should give you a fun 20-30 minutes, though!

QM6-G34-CXF

I’m back into my bi-monthly Mario maker 2 mood and this was really my jam. Fun, relaxed levels that still pose a bit of a challenge. Nicely done!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

1. Deja Vu
By: Animesiter 8C6-HGW-VNF

2. Atmos Fear 02: Cloud Captor
By: Libluini 8PR-MH2-XRG

3. Larrys redcoins
By: theboymemer R7D-HCT-TFF

4. Redwood Roadtrip
By: Equivalent Green V4V-7CS-V6G

5. Where the Piranha Plants Dwell
By: Jimingus NRW-82Y-22G

6. Mole in the Clouds
By: Cukeds BLR-JH4-GDF

7. Fossil Cavern
By: LeMooseStreetLamp Q05-11G-2FG

8. Spiny Cove Highlands
By: BluSeven7 FQV-X3P-1FF

9. Wiggler Desert Gimmicks
By: CreatorTM 64T-BLB-STF

10. A Race Against Time
By: possible Article 502 666-089-7WG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh hey, we're live!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

You know, when I made that level, it never even occurred to me that people would not know how to fly. I guess I'm lucky you knew how and had fun! :v:

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Libluini posted:

You know, when I made that level, it never even occurred to me that people would not know how to fly. I guess I'm lucky you knew how and had fun! :v:
Almost every level I've played with even an easy forced flying section will have one of those "How?!" stickers on it. Seems like such a simple thing but when you think about it it's really not the most intuitive mechanic and you never get a tutorial on it. You have to either have the knowledge from playing what is now a 30+ year old game or have gone into the move list for that particular game style to see how it works. I don't think the story mode levels even use it since modern Nintendo is too afraid to ask players to do anything other than walk and jump.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

J-Spot posted:

Almost every level I've played with even an easy forced flying section will have one of those "How?!" stickers on it. Seems like such a simple thing but when you think about it it's really not the most intuitive mechanic and you never get a tutorial on it. You have to either have the knowledge from playing what is now a 30+ year old game or have gone into the move list for that particular game style to see how it works. I don't think the story mode levels even use it since modern Nintendo is too afraid to ask players to do anything other than walk and jump.

Well, I always wanted to make a hard-as-balls Kaizo level, but couldn't, due to being poo poo at Mario. I guess I can cheat by making Mario levels with lots of forced flying instead! :getin:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Libluini posted:

Well, I always wanted to make a hard-as-balls Kaizo level, but couldn't, due to being poo poo at Mario. I guess I can cheat by making Mario levels with lots of forced flying instead! :getin:

I'm not sure what you might quantify as hard-as-balls, but you might be surprised how much better you are at levels you have created yourself. Part of it is due to a lot of practice, the other part is familiarity. There's only one kaizo level I've created that I cannot just jump in and one-shot anymore (Shell has Frozen Over), but if someone else had created them....

Have you tried making a somewhat-hard-as-balls level?

Also, new level!

Crusty Cave
DC3-D3L-2KG
Spelunkers beware: danger awaits you! Vanilla, 1CP.

A vanilla underground SMW level! This one was on the back burner for a while. As seen on OMT's stream.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Prowler posted:

I'm not sure what you might quantify as hard-as-balls, but you might be surprised how much better you are at levels you have created yourself. Part of it is due to a lot of practice, the other part is familiarity. There's only one kaizo level I've created that I cannot just jump in and one-shot anymore (Shell has Frozen Over), but if someone else had created them....

Have you tried making a somewhat-hard-as-balls level?

Also, new level!

Crusty Cave
DC3-D3L-2KG
Spelunkers beware: danger awaits you! Vanilla, 1CP.

A vanilla underground SMW level! This one was on the back burner for a while. As seen on OMT's stream.

The last time I tried to get past my comfort level, it took me months to clear the level for the upload. And then it turns out it has one of my highest clear rates and is apparently easy as gently caress for the rest of the world. Welp.

And now that flying level I made is incredibly easy! (As long as you know how to fly with a cape.) And has like a 2% clear rate, :lol:

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Yay, I finally made another level! My first level in, like, a year!
Ruin Wrecker 2: The Wreckoning
Q6V-QTP-SQF

It's actually a remake of a MM1 level of mine, but it was a concept I liked.
So get wrecked!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Last Visible Dog posted:

Yay, I finally made another level! My first level in, like, a year!
Ruin Wrecker 2: The Wreckoning
Q6V-QTP-SQF

It's actually a remake of a MM1 level of mine, but it was a concept I liked.
So get wrecked!

Welcome back!

This was a really cool level! My only death came to the timer: I got lost during the red coin hunt, and died near the flag...

At least I got first clear, because I'm sure it'll be easy to beat my 10 minute clear time, lol.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Prowler posted:

Welcome back!

This was a really cool level! My only death came to the timer: I got lost during the red coin hunt, and died near the flag...

At least I got first clear, because I'm sure it'll be easy to beat my 10 minute clear time, lol.

Thanks!
And it's a long one, yeah. I always try to speedrun the clear check, and this time I ended using up about half of the max 500 seconds, even going as fast as I could. I really wish the timer options weren't so limited.
And ouch, dying by the flag after making through the last segment and all? Sorry about that!

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

1. Castle Amongst The Stars
By: Animesiter 8MV-FY5-BDF

2. Crusty Cave
By: Prowler DC3-D3L-2KG

3. Ruin Wrecker 2: The Wreckoning
By: LastVisibleDog Q6V-QTP-SQF

4. The Phasing Crypt of Deadlight
By: Evalec223 GJP-D5J-FFF

5. The Silver Plains
By: The Eternal Void SFP-SBP-KHG

6. Lava Sharks
By: CaptBeertyah G2N-7RR-4XF

7. Metalworker Mines
By: GenericThrowaway 03J-9XF-6XG

8. Keep Your Cape
By: Wojtaz 2QY-5KV-YMG

9. Jump Switch in SMM2
By: Pika4571 D5N-0JX-0LG

10. Learn to Fly
By: Matthew 62J-GQ4-Q0G

Prowler
May 24, 2004

OneMoreTime posted:

2. Crusty Cave
By: Prowler DC3-D3L-2KG

I actually got you to play this on stream, as I completed it right before you went live last week!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh ha, how embarassing! Thank you for the reminder Prowler

Oh speaking of, we're live!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

A number of things bothered me about my level, Temple of Turtle, so I deleted it a while back. I revised it so it now only uses 1 CP (down from the "3" it said in the description), and the first and second parts are slightly extended, and the whole level itself should flow better. There is no longer a SMB2 mushroom section.

I renamed it. I still have a typo in the description. I hate my life.

The Terrible Temple of Troopa
0KK-G0C-JFF
Enter the ancient Koopa burial shine [sic]. Kaizo-lite with 1CP.

animesiter
Apr 12, 2005
Made a couple more levels

This one is an attempt at a Link centric level
Forest Dungeon
GNM-QC4-5YF
Block Mines
DW1-M9N-PWF
And a few older ones
The Factory
PX1-01L-97G
AIRSHIP!
C5J-GXD-3QG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PST/8 PM EST:

1. The terrible Temple of Troopa
By: Prowler 0KK-G0C-JFF

2. Block Mines
By: Animesiter DW1-M9N-PWF

3. Iggys dry dessert castle
By: LilOaters 79P-FYT-KPF

4. Enter the Hoppy Castle
By: Pasjevw88 NWH-KQW-V0G

5. Beep Block Bouncers
By: BatmansMoustache 685-91K-TYG

6. Ride the Lightning
By: ShovelBeatleRillaz JY9-109-04G

7. The spiny behind the slaughter
By: Additional Reddit GDD-8HC-YBG

8. Yoshi Must Live
LeQubekoua GJK-0XX-B6G

Bit of a shorter list tonight, but I have to be done by 8 so hence why there's only 8 levels. Animesiter's been kind of on a roll so I figure I can pad it out with their levels if we somehow get done absurdly early!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
OMG, someone actually made a comment asking a desperate "how???" on my Cloud Captor level. This is all I ever wanted, thank you random Swedish guy :allears:

Now I'm highly motivated to make more cape flying levels.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Note to self: Auto-scrolling and flying doesn't gel well. Deepest sigh. Back to the drawing board.

Edit:

But I made a spot where you have to dive down and then dive up again to continue. So the first half of this new level I'm working on isn't completely disarmed. :v:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

I need to play catch up! I sometimes try to play other folks' levels when they play mine, although sometimes it results in absolute failure, lol. (Shout out to iKPbot).

Big Bad Bully Brigade
XF8-B6R-GGF
The castle theme in SM3DW is a banger. Watch out for lava!

Back to vanilla with a short 3DW castle stage to complete another suite of levels into my growing super world.

I want to start on a water themed level next, but, ugh, I hate water levels unless they are clever. Anyone have any suggestions or things to avoid?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Been gone for a while, have lots of new levels, plus I'm on that fancy Team Precision now:

QM6-G34-CXF

animesiter
Apr 12, 2005
Another new level. This ones the 3rd of my "Spooky Manor" set

Curse of Spooky Manor
QNH-7DN-FYF

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

1. Big Bad Bully Brigade
By: Prowler XF8-B6R-GGF

2. The Lobster
QM6-G34-CXF

3. Curse of the Spooky Manor
By: Animesiter QNH-7DN-FYF

4. Upside-Down Town 2
By: Rivers Art 0P3-4FX-1LG

5. The Escapists
By: DuriansGD 8PK-D9G-TMG

6. Lemmy's SeeSaw Fortress
By: Nightdelivery 4RY-Y7D-HFG

7. 4-Star: Lemmy's Perilous Pyramid
By: SBF1 SRV-Q5M-L1H

8. 2-5 Sunken Spire
By: Yoshiboo 2V5-J39-T8G

9. Bullet Bill to the Clouds
By: Bryan da Gamer JTK-GBG-FXG

10. Sub Rosa
By: Kendebater L2K-NJ0-DLF

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh hey, we're live!

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Saw this in a Panga video and it's baffling to me:

How can you have 42069 likes and only 12k maker points?! I'm getting close to 500 and have about 5.8k points. This system is so strange.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Prowler posted:

Saw this in a Panga video and it's baffling to me:

How can you have 42069 likes and only 12k maker points?! I'm getting close to 500 and have about 5.8k points. This system is so strange.

I don’t think anyone’s ever figured out what kind of voodoo goes into the maker point system. It’s definitely not a measure of likes alone. Boos and neutral plays are factored in as well and consistency is also measured. If you have several high ranked levels and you upload one that isn’t as popular it can really set back your ranking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Panga is almost certainly losing a comical amount of points because randos can’t complete the levels he makes.