Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Andrast posted:

C6 Ning trip report: It's nuts

oh boy oh boy, I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
When is the boosted leyline thing happening? I wanna cash in as hard as I can on those for Hu Tao.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
150 cor lapis got me 20,000 Mora, 1 hydro fragment, 1 hydro sliver, 1 pyro sliver, 1 electro sliver, 4 anemo slivers and 1 cryo sliver.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Framboise posted:

When is the boosted leyline thing happening? I wanna cash in as hard as I can on those for Hu Tao.

End of February or beginning of March, I think. After all the lantern stuff

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Framboise posted:

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/162571 - 26/2 - 5/3

It's good to follow hoyolab => official, it has better accessible info than official site => news

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

gandlethorpe posted:

Oh hey, Keqing banner starts today. Looks like I won't be wishing for a while.

Is that 'cause they're bad dudes or 'cause you already have 'em?

I don't have any character sensibilities nor particular aspirations -- I like usin' whichever group of folk seems best out of the people I do have. Though obviously I'm gonna roll bones when I've got 'em.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Hammer Bro. posted:

I don't have any character sensibilities nor particular aspirations -- I like usin' whichever group of folk seems best out of the people I do have. Though obviously I'm gonna roll bones when I've got 'em.

I just got her from the Xiao banner and about halfway to soft pity, so I'm not risking getting a dupe. Her C1 looks pretty meh.

She's also really awkward, which people way more experienced with her in this thread will tell you better than I can. Fun, but awkward.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Hammer Bro. posted:

I'm waiting for something that might happen when Keqing's banner ends and Electro is in a bad spot as well.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
As of Hu Tao's release we'll have gotten 2 anemo, 2 geo, 3 pyro, 2 cryo, 1 hydro, and zero new electro characters.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

we already know the next big patch is gonna have the electro archon, plus the electro traveler presumably. it makes sense to go lighter on electro units leading up to it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That patch is scheduled for, like, August. But yes it's unfair of me to say that because Electro launched with more units than anyone and hydro still has fewer units.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 17, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

those old datamines only had Scaramouche in as an electro character, so there's like grand total of two and a traveler form that we could expect. when you account for other expected additions (1 geo/hydro/pyro, 2 anemo, 3 cryo, and whatever they're doing with the Liyue dendros) it actually kinda balances everything except hydro, apparently.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

dogsicle posted:

those old datamines only had Scaramouche in as an electro character, so there's like grand total of two and a traveler form that we could expect. when you account for other expected additions (1 geo/hydro/pyro, 2 anemo, 3 cryo, and whatever they're doing with the Liyue dendros) it actually kinda balances everything except hydro, apparently.

There's like 1 hydro datamined too. We're going to get a bunch at some point just to do catch up.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

That patch is scheduled for, like, August. But yes it's unfair of me to say that because Electro launched with more units than anyone and hydro still has fewer units.

Hu Tao leaks said that Inazuma will be after 1.6, after 1.4 Windbloom Festival, 1.5 Chasm and 1.6 Inazuma first chapter + Ludi Harpastum, which would put Inazuma release at 21/7 (17/3. is 1.4, 28/4. is 1.5. 9/6 is 1.6). It's not exactly close, but it'd mean we're about halfway there since release and we haven't really gotten that many characters so far anyway - if we get about one or two more electro in that time, it'd sound about right, I guess?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Now that I've got to try 12-3 with a proper team, I think this floor has the least dps requirement to 9* the whole thing of all versions of floor 12 we had so far. The 2 ruin graders fight look scary on paper but you get two fight both immediately rather than one spawning after the other and they always bunch up and chase you so by the time you've killed one the other is probably almost dead.

I think they are trying to move dps requirements to tank/heal ones which is not a bad idea IMO, they just went way too far with 12-1. That poo poo is way to tedious.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

AParadox posted:

Now that I've got to try 12-3 with a proper team, I think this floor has the least dps requirement to 9* the whole thing of all versions of floor 12 we had so far. The 2 ruin graders fight look scary on paper but you get two fight both immediately rather than one spawning after the other and they always bunch up and chase you so by the time you've killed one the other is probably almost dead.

I think they are trying to move dps requirements to tank/heal ones which is not a bad idea IMO, they just went way too far with 12-1. That poo poo is way to tedious.

I dunno, to me it just looks like 100% garbage and regressing design to patterns I thought they had finally recognized as bad. Every single chamber in floor 12 has absolutely godawful mechanics, it's like a perfect example of everything that is wrong with Mihoyo's combat design. It's all about unavoidable damage that you have to facetank while meeting a DPS check at the same time. In chamber 1 the fight is mostly against the camera - there's no real way to avoid all of the gigantic AoE bullshit and you can't even see it most of the time because the geovishaps push you around so much and their effects are so huge and colorful it becomes impossible to see what's going on. It's also glitchy and they stop taking damage sometimes. From chamber 2 and on we're back to the old and incredibly bad "difficulty by elemental aura" pattern, which is to say that each chamber has one of the incredibly fun and engaging auras that just constantly spawns huge AoE's on the floor that you can't reliably avoid. Chamber 2 has electro and pyro auras, both of which are annoying enough, but chamber 3 has geo and cryo, both of which restrict your movement in addition to doing enormous amounts of damage on their own.

Like, these fights are positively idiotic. You're not encouraged to actually learn any moves or figure out any tactics, it's facetank and eat unavoidable damage all the time and you just hope you don't get stunlocked and instagibbed. gently caress off.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did a ten pull on the Xiao banner because I need a wind character but pulled a Diona. Please no more bow characters..

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
So I have been pulling on banners where Bennett was on banner, it took me took me around 200 pulls in total to get him. I got Keqing twice on standard before I got him. Being outlier can be both joyful and saddening especially for F2P.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Hu Tao leaks said that Inazuma will be after 1.6, after 1.4 Windbloom Festival, 1.5 Chasm and 1.6 Inazuma first chapter + Ludi Harpastum, which would put Inazuma release at 21/7 (17/3. is 1.4, 28/4. is 1.5. 9/6 is 1.6). It's not exactly close, but it'd mean we're about halfway there since release and we haven't really gotten that many characters so far anyway - if we get about one or two more electro in that time, it'd sound about right, I guess?

Are there any updates or guesses on when a Venti rerun may be? Would that be the Windbloom Festival or the Ludi Harpastum? Wondering if I roll for Hu Tao or save for Venti

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
@(*$^& i forgot to pull before the banner got taken down lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If I roll for Hu Tao it won't be until the very end of the banner when we find out what's coming next.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThePineapple posted:

Are there any updates or guesses on when a Venti rerun may be? Would that be the Windbloom Festival or the Ludi Harpastum? Wondering if I roll for Hu Tao or save for Venti

Based on (unconfirmed) leaks:

Yes, 1.4 rerun times:
1) Venti first banner
2) Rosaria on the second banner with a standard banner 5* (Jean? - my note)

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Do we know what the Windbloom Festival is supposed to be about? I've seen mentions of Ludi Harpastum in game lore, but they're supposed to be different, right?

If they keep up this pattern of one limited and one "standard" character banner per month, I bet the next standard character banners will be Diluc or Mona for Windbloom, Qiqi for Chasm, and Jean for Ludi Harpastum.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Targeting 1xBennet, 1xNing; took 50 pulls resulting in 2x Bennet, 3x Barbs, 1xNing. Also picked up a Chong & a Sacrificial Sword. Now I sit for another unknown timeframe (Venti rerun?)

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 18, 2021

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

malbogio posted:

150 Mint.
10 hero's wit, 18 adventurers experience.
I only used Sucrose to charge the device as an experiment.

attempted to repeat this, my results:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Emissary posted:

Do we know what the Windbloom Festival is supposed to be about? I've seen mentions of Ludi Harpastum in game lore, but they're supposed to be different, right?

If they keep up this pattern of one limited and one "standard" character banner per month, I bet the next standard character banners will be Diluc or Mona for Windbloom, Qiqi for Chasm, and Jean for Ludi Harpastum.

Windbloom Festival will have Mondstadt decorated with flowers and will feature various minigames that will give coins that can be used in event shop as usual:

Bullseye Balloons: Pop the correct balloons with normal attacks or charged attacks (including aimed shots) within the time limit. Game will be held at four locations in Mondstadt. You can compete with others in co-op.
Floral Freefall: Glide down from a cliff and get points via touching Dandelion Heads (35pt), Windwheel Asters (200pt), and a moving Final Garland (400pt) before you hit the ground. Remaining time on clock gives bonus points. Available in co-op.
Windstock: A rhythm game where you tap to music

I assume there will also be some local quests.

There will also be an event (Oceanid challenge) where you can get mini-Oceanid pet, but it seems to not be part of the festival

Yes, Windbloom festival is different from Ludi Harpastum, this seems as wind god celebration or sth (thus Venti rerun sounds logical and Jean possibly as well)

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

TheFluff posted:

I dunno, to me it just looks like 100% garbage and regressing design to patterns I thought they had finally recognized as bad. Every single chamber in floor 12 has absolutely godawful mechanics, it's like a perfect example of everything that is wrong with Mihoyo's combat design. It's all about unavoidable damage that you have to facetank while meeting a DPS check at the same time. In chamber 1 the fight is mostly against the camera - there's no real way to avoid all of the gigantic AoE bullshit and you can't even see it most of the time because the geovishaps push you around so much and their effects are so huge and colorful it becomes impossible to see what's going on. It's also glitchy and they stop taking damage sometimes. From chamber 2 and on we're back to the old and incredibly bad "difficulty by elemental aura" pattern, which is to say that each chamber has one of the incredibly fun and engaging auras that just constantly spawns huge AoE's on the floor that you can't reliably avoid. Chamber 2 has electro and pyro auras, both of which are annoying enough, but chamber 3 has geo and cryo, both of which restrict your movement in addition to doing enormous amounts of damage on their own.

Like, these fights are positively idiotic. You're not encouraged to actually learn any moves or figure out any tactics, it's facetank and eat unavoidable damage all the time and you just hope you don't get stunlocked and instagibbed. gently caress off.

I meant that it's good that they try to give some use to all the non bennet/jean defensive characters that right now only appear if you need their resonance. I do agree that 12-1 is a tedious mess with a very poorly designed enemies. 12-2 is neither interesting nor particularly dangerous but at least 12-3-1 did force me to bring a team that actively generates crystalize shields to mitigate the geo aura, which is a first for me.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Put 12 pulls into the Keqing banner, got Favonius Warbow R4 and Bennett C4. Ning come home pls :smith:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Got C6 Ning at the end of the 7 login fates + 2 pulls worth of primos I had in stock. Hu Tao doesn't really excite me, 4*s notwithstanding, so now I can start saving for... Venti rerun, I guess?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Is there a particular place to farm enemy drop materials? My current team (Razor/Diona/Noelle/Kaeya but I might sub him for Bennett) appears to be heavy on hilichurl drops for ascensions and talent level-ups: am I just supposed to wander around looking for camps? Target-farming the special enemy materials is comparatively simple.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Incoherence posted:

Is there a particular place to farm enemy drop materials? My current team (Razor/Diona/Noelle/Kaeya but I might sub him for Bennett) appears to be heavy on hilichurl drops for ascensions and talent level-ups: am I just supposed to wander around looking for camps? Target-farming the special enemy materials is comparatively simple.

Pretty much.

For some of the more advanced stuff like medals there is a map you can refer to.

https://genshin-impact-map.appsample.com/#/

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

14 pulls got me my long awaited Bennet C1 and my first Favonius AND Sacrificial Swords, so already this banner has been more useful for me than Xiao's.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
21 pulls into soft pity as I'm waiting for the new character banner. Hoping to snag one Bennett and two Nings to get them to C5/C6 respectively.

Getting ready to pull all Barbara bricks, bad 4* weapons, and an early Keqing C1.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

aparmenideanmonad posted:

21 pulls into soft pity as I'm waiting for the new character banner. Hoping to snag one Bennett and two Nings to get them to C5/C6 respectively.

Getting ready to pull all Barbara bricks, bad 4* weapons, and an early Keqing C1.

ask not for whom The Bell tolls

it tolls for thee

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Incoherence posted:

The adventuring book has an "Enemies" tab that specifically points you to enemy camps. It's not perfect and leaves off a lot of the spawns, but it's generally easier to read than having an interactive map on your second monitor.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The Mechanicus side of this event has been neat, but man do I not care at all about the lame-rear end quests that open up each day. Really makes me wish you could skip through dialogue more quickly.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Incoherence posted:

You can see hilichurl huts on the map; they're the little brown circles. More particularly, there's a bunch of 'churls in the three camps around Dadaupa Gorge, and some in Guyun Stone Forest (a convenient place to farm, since you can pick up some ore, crabs, and ruin guard bits while you're at it). I like the Thousand Winds Temple, too, just because it seems to have fewer archers than other places, making moments of disappointment when my drops turn out to be Yet More Arrowheads less frequent.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 18, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vargs posted:

The Mechanicus side of this event has been neat, but man do I not care at all about the lame-rear end quests that open up each day. Really makes me wish you could skip through dialogue more quickly.

yea the lantern quests are kinda tedious because most of them make you go around a bunch of places and do busy work. I guess that's a lot of genshin quests but it feels worse with some of these

the worst was that one with the woman that you'd talk to, then follow her a short distance, talk to her, repeat. why does it work like that

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Framboise posted:

You can't "cash in hard" on the leyline boost event because it's limited to three per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Hell yeah got Ning on my 4th pull (and a Dragon's Bane on 3rd). Between that and the freebie from the event I'll have her at C2 and I can go back to saving.