Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like the ice in my drinks to be those super small little cubes. Not crushed ice, mind, but that little half inch by half inch ice that you usually get at like a ball park or something.

County fair lemonade with those ice cubes and the crunchy leftover sugar on them is the bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Sonic ice is the superior ice.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Sonic ice tastes like old Sonic fry oil. The best ice is the ice from the liquor store. There's no way to contaminate the ice with off flavors. They don't keep the machine cold enough so the cubed ice is almost, but not quite slushy.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Ice should not go into drinks

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Badactura posted:

Ice should not go into drinks

:hai:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Correct. The ice should be there first so it's actually the drinks going into the ice.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Correct. The ice should be there first so it's actually the drinks going into the ice.
:hai:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

More like: :hai:ce!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

it matters who started

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
the netherlands started capitalism

never forget

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Despite the horrible things that have happened over this past year, both in the world at large and in my own life, I am happier in lockdown than I think I've ever been. I actually enjoy waking up now.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

yeah i like the lockdown and even the curfew, i like how it's quiet outside when i go to bed

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Byzantine posted:

Despite the horrible things that have happened over this past year, both in the world at large and in my own life, I am happier in lockdown than I think I've ever been. I actually enjoy waking up now.

It is amazing what removing one's commute can do for mental health.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Byzantine posted:

I thought having a lot of free time would lead to a lot of positive things, it hasn't, I don't exercise any more than I used to, I don't finish more videogames than i used to, all I seem to do with my free time is watch youtube and paint warhammer miniatures. The lockdown if anything made me more bored of videogames than I ever have been. Other than Mario Oddyssey I've not played much in months.

Still, the saving money on travelling is pretty sweet, I enjoy not having to drive a car, as long as I'm still employed I'm kept busy enough to not go insane. I really miss not being able to go out to restaurants, I never thought I'd run out of stuff to watch on youtube but I'm getting there.

Overall its a positive.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm a social guy and miss my friends terribly. This has been a truly trying year for me mentally, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally. Also I somehow wound up with a steady relationship during this whole mess. Today actually makes our 1 year. Started officially dating right before lockdown and kinda seems like being stuck with each other has worked out really well.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My partner kind of castigated me for using the pandemic as an excuse to not be social. She's very friendly and I am not. She was a little angry that I am doing just fine staying home all the time. I told her, "Look, there are winners and there are losers in this thing." She found that amusing and stopped being mad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Captain Monkey posted:

It is amazing what removing one's commute can do for mental health.

I miss the morning radio talk shows I always listened to on the way in. It has been months since I've heard the "Elliot in the Morning"' host's annoying voice. Yeah I could listen to them in my apartment but it's not the same.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I miss the morning radio talk shows I always listened to on the way in. It has been months since I've heard the "Elliot in the Morning"' host's annoying voice. Yeah I could listen to them in my apartment but it's not the same.

I only listen to podcasts when I’m driving, it’s the weirdest thing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I only listen to podcasts when I’m driving, it’s the weirdest thing.

In plague times I have adopted the insane habit of pacing around the apartment listening to them, while cats look on in frightened awe

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In plague times I have adopted the insane habit of pacing around the apartment listening to them, while cats look on in frightened awe

I've always had this weird habit of wandering around with everything muted/off, talking to myself about various subjects, and the isolation of Covid has only made it worse.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

yeah i like the lockdown and even the curfew, i like how it's quiet outside when i go to bed

You're lucky isolation has driven my neighbors to constantly scream playing call of duty until 4am every day.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It's perfectly okay to celebrate Rush Limbaugh's premature death.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Animal-Mother posted:

It's perfectly okay to celebrate Rush Limbaugh's premature death.

how i learned:
1. read this post
2. google suggests rush limbaugh wiki article
3. read intro
4. Rush Limbauh was

:toot:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People posting single tweets should be banned. If I wanted to see what the morons on twitter were doing I'd go on twitter.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

fizzymercy posted:

I don't understand why you would want to live somewhere with snow and cold dampness. It's pretty but it makes doing everything but sitting inside a miserable affair. Where I live I am never so cold as to reconsider leaving the house just to take out the trash. I don't even know if my heater works. It's great!

Also summer is amazing and wonderful. The sun is a great thing.
I was motherfucking right about cold weather and everyone that argued with me is a jerkface who I would like a formal apology from.

My hands are cold why is Texas so worthless?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Build a fire

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

fizzymercy posted:

I was motherfucking right about cold weather and everyone that argued with me is a jerkface who I would like a formal apology from.

My hands are cold why is Texas so worthless?

As a rule of thumb for future conversations, when someone says they prefer a thing, they don't mean that they like that thing in its most catastrophic context.

Like if I say "I prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate" but then all vanilla ice cream is contaminated with poo poo clumps, that's not a gotcha. Obviously I don't like vanilla with poo poo clumps, and obviously people don't prefer cold weather with zero infrastructure.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

every time you say you prefer something, a vengeful monarch will pour large amounts of that thing down your throat causing your ironic demise

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Manager Hoyden posted:

As a rule of thumb for future conversations, when someone says they prefer a thing, they don't mean that they like that thing in its most catastrophic context.

Like if I say "I prefer vanilla ice cream over chocolate" but then all vanilla ice cream is contaminated with poo poo clumps, that's not a gotcha. Obviously I don't like vanilla with poo poo clumps, and obviously people don't prefer cold weather with zero infrastructure.

Yes no poo poo. But everyone is wrong about cold weather being superior. Even if my area was made for this and had all the right things working it would be horrible.

I slipped and fell and broke my phone and that was the best part of my very cold week. People that like the cold are aliens.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

fizzymercy posted:

Yes no poo poo. But everyone is wrong about cold weather being superior. Even if my area was made for this and had all the right things working it would be horrible.

I slipped and fell and broke my phone and that was the best part of my very cold week. People that like the cold are aliens.

actually I suspect you are from Venus, heat-creature

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Manager Hoyden posted:

Maybe you should have specified and also you're not getting invited back

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Vanilla is superior to chocolate flavored ice cream

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
True, but neither hold a candle to mint chocolate chip.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
it's coffee or coffee swirled with choc/caramel or butter pecan

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
It's pecan pralines and cream.

But all ice cream is good and amazing. Even ice milk and that weird poo poo you get at buffets.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Badactura posted:

Agreed.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

True, but neither hold a candle to mint chocolate chip.

Mint chocolate chip is disgusting.

fizzymercy posted:

It's pecan pralines and cream.

But all ice cream is good and amazing. Even ice milk and that weird poo poo you get at buffets.

Pecan pralines & cream is disgustingly sweet. I can't handle it. I'm a cookies & ice cream gal, still mourning Haagen-Dazs's coffee cookies & cream ice cream. :smithicide:

fake edit: also, what the hell is ice milk?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Ice milk isn't really a thing anymore but it's ice cream made with less than 10% butterfat. It's called poo poo like diet ice cream or low fat now. It's just really icy ice cream.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Badactura posted:

If you think that, wait until you try some vanilla ice-cream, it'll blow your mind!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Badactura posted:

vanilla is a great flavor and genuine vanilla is much better than anything made with some fruit extract with usually artificial coloring and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

If you think that, wait until you try some vanilla ice-cream, it'll blow your mind!

Homemade Icecream is so good, I almost can't go back to the store bought.

Shibawanko posted:

vanilla is a great flavor and genuine vanilla is much better than anything made with some fruit extract with usually artificial coloring and stuff
Real beans are great in icecream or any dessert that's primarily vanilla, however imitation is perfectly fine for cookies or any other dessert that has the vanilla as an ancillary role. People using pods in cookies is especially egregious to me as the vanilla is only there to add depth to the chocolate flavor, you're ratio of chocolate to dough, and which types of chocolate you use matter so much more than using real vanilla, every time I see someone use real vanilla for them it makes me cringe at the money they're throwing away.