Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lmfao

also funny that daily ddt does not cover ddt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
powerful

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Isn't that the site where the extremely-gotten-to WrestleJoy people came from?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
the block hammer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Kacy Catanzano quits twitter after repeatedly exposing people to COVID-19 with no remorse and getting called on people are dying because she wants to party.

Reddit: THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE HANA KIMURA STOP BULLYING THE POOR GIRL BEFORE BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ljkuip/kacy_catanzaros_twitter_is_now_gone/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

I always wanted to see

sticklefifer posted:

do it with the exact same cadence and tone of voice.

sticklefifer posted:

it gets super annoying

sticklefifer posted:

they get bored

sticklefifer posted:

you've got a new gimmick that's really over

It is kinda hilarious to think how many camera cuts there would be during a segment where a guy stands still and just says the same thing the same way over and over again for like 5 minutes though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Incredible thread of people mad at Cubs Fan for saying TNA isn't well booked at times. Also snitch tagging TNA.

https://twitter.com/jhongeva4/status/1361169713938632704

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the guy there being posted appears to be a little kid

so don't put him into this thread anymore.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

the guy there being posted appears to be a little kid

so don't put him into this thread anymore.

He's obviously a grown man, otherwise Twitter would make him use the handle J-Kid instead of J-Man

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

sticklefifer posted:

I don't think anyone's ever been allowed the time to do this, but I always wanted to see the person cutting the promo act like the audience just can't hear what he said, and repeat it until they get bored.

"I'm gonna take his title at Summerslam!"
"WHAT"
"WHAT"
"WHAT"

And not escalating either, do it with the exact same cadence and tone of voice. If the crowd leans into it, you've got a new gimmick that's really over until it gets super annoying and dies. If they get bored, it dies sooner.

im like 70% sure this happened some time but cannot for the life of me remember

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Lid posted:

r/SquaredCircle
•Posted byu/thistlefink
37 minutes ago
How does McIntyre evade criticism here

Smack down ratings up the same time Raw ratings plummet

Dead storylines left and right on Raw

Can’t name a single heel that has been elevated by feuding with McIntyre

It’s been a year of feeding everyone and their mom to Drew with zero return on investment, yet the Drew police on SC come out hard any time anyone even begins to question why this guy has been given so much rope to hang the show with.

You really mean to tell me Miz, Bray, Braun, Kofi, AJ, or gasp someone new to the top of the card can’t do better than this?

Hasn't like 90% of Drew's time as champ been spent feuding with Orton?

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I don't think Drew has defended the title against anyone younger than him.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Lid posted:

Kacy Catanzano quits twitter after repeatedly exposing people to COVID-19 with no remorse and getting called on people are dying because she wants to party.

Reddit: THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE HANA KIMURA STOP BULLYING THE POOR GIRL BEFORE BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/ljkuip/kacy_catanzaros_twitter_is_now_gone/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I think the thing I despise the most about when people use Hana Kimura to defend this kind of poo poo they always make it super clear that they knew nothing about her situation beyond the fact that she committed suicide

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 16, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

quote:

Honestly, it speaks to how booking Maki at all was very much a double edged sword. She clearly drew attention and had a banger of an introduction match, but she was never going past round one and that isn't the best thing for anyone who was most interested in her. Hope that the extra attention was worth it in the end.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Well yeah duh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're pretty much pushing as hard as possible "Yeah, you're gonna see all of these people in AEW when there's not a loving pandemic.", but, whatever. People have WWE brainrot and can't handle it when someone loses a match, this is a genre of complaint that's just not going away any time soon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mexico figured this out by making everything best 2 out of 3 falls. :hmmyes:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MJeff posted:

They're pretty much pushing as hard as possible "Yeah, you're gonna see all of these people in AEW when there's not a loving pandemic.", but, whatever. People have WWE brainrot and can't handle it when someone loses a match, this is a genre of complaint that's just not going away any time soon.

I'm old enough to remember when people complained that Brodie Lee got "buried" when Moxley beat him. He then went on to murder Cody for the TNT title and was set to be a top heel going forward before, well ... real life unfortunately got in the way.

At any rate, we're far enough into AEW's existence now to see that they're very patient with their booking and long-term plans -- a single loss doesn't derail people because it usually plays into a larger story or their general place on the totem pole, and plot points that seem minor today end up paying off huge a few months later.

People are so hung up on WWE's hair-on-fire booking, and Vince's infamous last-minute changes, that they just assume every other promotion works like that despite AEW's obvious evidence of a clear plan and vision.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

MJeff posted:

imo this is also why you get people seriously arguing that the women in wwe/nxt are treated better and are having a better time than they would be in aew

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

imo this is also why you get people seriously arguing that the women in wwe/nxt are treated better and are having a better time than they would be in aew

It's because the AEW women's division is 15 women competing for 10 mins of screentime a week

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

It's because the AEW women's division is 15 women competing for 10 mins of screentime a week

yeah, posts like that one!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flatluigi posted:

yeah, posts like that one!

Not sure what this has to do with winning or losing matches, op

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Rarity posted:

Not sure what this has to do with winning or losing matches, op

the original post that got quoted was about how they shouldn't have bothered including maki at all if that was all they were going to do with her

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bet Big Biceps Tony has a whiteboard in the back detailing all the stories.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Endless Mike posted:

I bet Big Biceps Tony has a whiteboard in the back detailing all the stories.

I hope it's as low-rent as the NOAH whiteboard trying to figure out where the Junior division is at show to show

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1355699695302156288

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

I hope it's as low-rent as the NOAH whiteboard trying to figure out where the Junior division is at show to show

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1355699695302156288

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/DickVanKlondike/status/1362090937774653443

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I liked this reply
https://twitter.com/sdd916/status/1362171834347626496

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
He's right, joshi wrestling isn't marketed to men at all. Incidentally, has anybody seen the new movie "Back to the Future"? It started in theaters the other week, it's got the guy from Family Ties in it.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Twitter meme bandwagon fans are on one

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Tonfa posted:

Total amateur hour. A true garbage rear end clickbait wrestling YT thumbnail would have both wrestlers as silhouettes. Also, the video title is way too straightforward, I would propose "Major tournament BOTCHED? Fans ENRAGED" or something

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Tonfa posted:

this guy tried to make me subscribe to his YouTube channel in the Hub after WK14

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you on here making big statements?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Tonfa posted:

He did a response to that video's response too.

(Apparently he thinks having Veny in the tournament is 'pushing an agenda.' :sigh:)

Vandar fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 18, 2021

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tonfa posted:

https://twitter.com/robwhisman/status/735281634656669696?s=20

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
People want kayfabe to matter again yet refuse to believe a literal former idol who's only been wrestling for a few years could lose to a grizzled decade-plus veteran twice her size.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vandar posted:

(Apparently he thinks having Veny in the tournament is 'pushing an agenda.' :sigh:)

It is, and the agenda is that Veny is good as hell.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

History Comes Inside! posted:

It is, and the agenda is that Veny is good as hell.

:hai:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

First item on the agenda, wrestling needs more sweet kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

the Veny agenda should be to start using "Run the World (Girls)" again instead of the infinitely inferior "Bad Guy"