Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Adrian Newey wrote that it's more than just power and economy. Renault were unwilling to discuss design changes to accommodate Red Bull, which he deemed unreasonable.

The Renault of last year had a very bulky cooling solution, so who knows. Renault certainly know how to build an engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the corona quid posted:

I love rewriting history

It's fun when you can change it to like "pirates were nice" or "the Netherlands never figured out dikes and is now an ocean"

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
This year Ferrari will have the best engine and once again will save formula 1 from the british

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

This year Ferrari will have the best engine and once again will save formula 1 from the british

No they won't

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

FAUXTON posted:

sounds like we're gonna see more drinking from a shoe

Hell yes, OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Hell yes, OP

There are people that you just want to see win because of how happy they get, and danny ric is one of them.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Zeta Acosta posted:

i can’t wait op, until 5e first race where Ferrari don’t do as well is I hope causing me to flounce out of the thread and claim that I’m never going to watch formula one again

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

sounds like we're gonna see more drinking from a shoe

I envision trouble in the mclaren garage after Dan tries to get Lando to drink from a shoe after a podium but Lando absolutely refuses and says Dan is stupid or something and it bubbles into season long resentment.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
drinking from shoes is unhygienic and is probably why half the grid got covid from some dirty smelly australian

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

net work error posted:

I envision trouble in the mclaren garage after Dan tries to get Lando to drink from a shoe after a podium but Lando absolutely refuses and says Dan is stupid or something and it bubbles into season long resentment.

He's australian though, you call him stupid and he'd be like "yeah that's the whole point mate"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zeta Acosta posted:

Hell yeah

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yamaha are going to move the bikes back closer to the 2019 spec. I think it’s a massive mistake and that the issue clearly is with Biñales and Quatararo. I’m not sure why they put any stock into what Biñales says at this point, the bike was great right up until he started being Biñales and then magically the bike was terrible.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is Marc still alive and ambulatory? Wonder if he'll dominate again or if he'll be like the return of Schumi

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He’s alive but HRC is pretty tight lipped over when he might be back on the bike. Given his bones were rotting off I think it’s probably a toss up how good he’ll be when he’s back.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the corona quid posted:

He’s alive but HRC is pretty tight lipped over when he might be back on the bike. Given his bones were rotting off I think it’s probably a toss up how good he’ll be when he’s back.

yeah there's only speculation based on doctors saying he didn't need another surgery. considering how long he was injured he may need a lot longer to train up. i doubt hrc wants marc hurting himself chasing 10th.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hurting themselves chasing 10th wow sounds like another motorsport outfit from Mediterranean Europe

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Williams isn’t in Mediterranean Europe

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Vettel is selling a bunch of cars.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/155093/vettel-puts-eight-supercars-up-for-sale

He hasn't given a statement on why; looking at them I assume he realised they were all a bit rubbish.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pablo Bluth posted:

Vettel is selling a bunch of cars.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/155093/vettel-puts-eight-supercars-up-for-sale

He hasn't given a statement on why; looking at them I assume he realised they were all a bit rubbish.

They're embroidered with his logo which looks like someone's trying to warn drivers of the vettel on the road ahead

ACHTUNG! VETTEL BEVORSTEHEND!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

That's not in any way what a proper Vettel warning sign should look like.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm shocked that Vettel is ditching a bunch of Ferraris now he's no longer contractually obliged to shill them

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

the corona quid posted:

First benghazi and now this. Is there no end to her secrets??

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
vettel is an old bald loser, of course he is going to sell his ferraris and start driving asston martins

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Actually he doesn't, only your idiotic opinion does

Zeta Acosta posted:

vettel is an old bald loser, of course he is going to sell his ferraris and start driving asston martins

This is of course no bad thing

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 18, 2021

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Max is quick, but he also sucks

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

just like poois shamilton

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tsaedje posted:

quick into the wall

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm looking forward to the RBR reveal to see how the new car reacts to holding the steering wheel straight and flooring it through gravel into a wall

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

A whole lotta posters in this thread nervous about our boy Max, the cope is strong in here.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lou Takki posted:

A whole lotta posters in this thread nervous about our boy Max, the cope is strong in here.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I for one thinks max is good

at driving into a wall

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I'm also looking forward to seeing the unbridled Italian passion that leads Ferrari to 8th place in the constructor's standings

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
curious to see how checo is going to do driving a neweymobile

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Zeta Acosta posted:

I hope he does well, although I wonder how much adapting to his driving style as he had to be light on the tyres so many times in the racing point. At least he won't take any of Maxes poo poo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

Better than his teammate

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

I hope he does well, although I wonder how much adapting to his driving style as he had to be light on the tyres so many times in the racing point. At least he won't take any of Maxes poo poo

the rbr dont have tyre trouble so i think he will be happy driving balls out to whatever limit these piece of poo poo cars can allow

also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzM6O-pNj6k

#happybirthdayenzo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

driving walls out

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64J3ehuayE

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

FAUXTON posted:

Better than his teammate

Checo will crash less than Max but finish the season with half as many points.

Also, in unrelated news, Ferrari sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The sound of championships