Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Meat Miracle posted:

Senor Mitt going on Univision with a conspicuously darkened complexion to win over the latinos

Luchador Mitt Romney. What is it with this guy and latin cultural appropriation? Also never forget Pierre Delecto

Also he apparently boxed Evander Holyfield? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
the mexican romney family doesn't gently caress around. ask george bluth.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

every time i think about this kid i laugh
https://twitter.com/Mikey_Nicholson/status/1106815526452396032?s=20

better protestor than i'll ever be

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
when The Rock subtweeted Osama’s death an hour before Obama announced it

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Carlos Danger. Lol

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

SpaceGoku posted:

there was a tiny minority of people who got in super early and held for a long time before cashing out

most of them cashed out in the $100 - $1000 range, including some guy that sold tens of thousands at a little over $100 each

no way to get out of bitcoin with sanity or pride intact

My wife, unlike us idiots, is a pretty smart and savvy person in general and financially in particular. She wanted to buy a couple hundred bucks of Bitcoin in 2010ish and asked me about it cause we were pretty poor. Because of all you morons in the stupid buttcoin thread I told her it was dumb fake money for idiots. Turns out her one idiocy blindspot is marrying me and coming to me for advice.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

mark sanford hiking the Appalachian Trail lmao

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Dee
Dee
Mega
Doo
Doo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcfXbHLQyQQ&t=14s

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Shaffness posted:

My wife, unlike us idiots, is a pretty smart and savvy person in general and financially in particular. She wanted to buy a couple hundred bucks of Bitcoin in 2010ish and asked me about it cause we were pretty poor. Because of all you morons in the stupid buttcoin thread I told her it was dumb fake money for idiots. Turns out her one idiocy blindspot is marrying me and coming to me for advice.

There are a few reasons why this doesn't track but you can figure it out since you already seem to be thinking about it a lot

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

indigi posted:

when The Rock subtweeted Osama’s death an hour before Obama announced it

Osama Bin Laden has been compromised to a permanent end

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

There are a few reasons why this doesn't track but you can figure it out since you already seem to be thinking about it a lot

We hadn't been married long so she didn't really know yet what a true moron I was. Now we follow the principal that if she thinks something might be a profitable investment she can just do it. Consequently were a fair bit better off now... Weird.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If she had managed to avoid just one of her public gently caress ups she probably could have edged out Trump.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

When hillarybots tried to blame it on the sweltering 70 degree day new york was having

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That time Trump starting denying that he had a series of mini-strokes when nobody had said he had.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

That time Trump starting denying that he had a series of mini-strokes when nobody had said he had.

libs thinking that calling him Stroke-ahontas after this was a brutal own

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Brute Squad posted:

lol that one guy giving a principal's office-style lecture while holding him down "it's like you've thrown an egg at every one of us" "i just can't believe you've done that"

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Shaffness posted:

If she had done it chances are the only difference in your life is that you would have been a couple hundred bucks poorer.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Shaffness posted:

if you’d bought bitcoin in 2010 there is virtually no chance you’d still have it today. it’s about 90% sure it would have been hacked, stolen, or lost before you ever got the chance to sell. and if my some miracle you’d held on to it, I can pretty much guarantee you would have sold sub-500. this really only makes sense if you’re talking about it from like 2016/2017 on

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jess Phillips being hyped for years by the centrist press then immediately melting down when she ran for leadership of the Labour party

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mandoric posted:

hey, that got David Cameron the big seat

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Jess Phillips being hyped for years by the centrist press then immediately melting down when she ran for leadership of the Labour party

This reminded me of Owen Smith being so sure he'd get rid of corbyn and the sensible centrists would prevail

Of course they did prevail in the end but still worth a small lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Friend of mine in Texas texted this morning to say he had to shovel snow into his bathtub to melt for water, and I Suddenly Remembered this cover from July 2009

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

the sex ghost posted:

This reminded me of Owen Smith being so sure he'd get rid of corbyn and the sensible centrists would prevail

Of course they did prevail in the end but still worth a small lol

Frothy Coffee

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MikeCrotch posted:

I didn't follow the leadership race, what happened to Mrs. First Person Singular?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Friend of mine in Texas texted this morning to say he had to shovel snow into his bathtub to melt for water, and I Suddenly Remembered this cover from July 2009

Oh my god The Surge

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

When this happened and her numbers immediately dropped a bunch is when I became aware she was likely going to lose. So much of her support was just looking for a reason to drop her. Worst candidate ever.

It was definitely possible to get into bitcoin in 10/11 and make real money off of it, you basically just had to not do anything with it for several years. I know a guy who got in with $500 when it was around a dollar, and got out when it was $7000, and now he has like 3 houses. He's the most patient and cautious person I know, so he's obviously a weird case.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fortaleza posted:

Oh my god The Surge

THE SURGE WORKED!!!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

"Beijing's nightmare: the Uighur revolt" :suspense:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

frankenfreak posted:

I didn't follow the leadership race, what happened to Mrs. First Person Singular?

She went on TV, had an interview where she contradicted herself multiple times about what her brexit stance would be, generally caved under the mildest of questioning then made a complete tit of herself in the first hustings by being obviously unprepared and quit the race almost immediately after

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Reminds me of the world record shortest political career: Australian dude was running for office and sat for his first interview and after the very first question tried to form an answer then said “I’m buggered” and got up and left, quitting the race.

Clocked in at like 14 seconds iirc

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
which of the folks literally had someone else attend a debate in their place, was it may?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Rachel Maddow said Russians might hack the US power grid to cause people to freeze to death during a blizzard

Brute Squad posted:

I sent a message to Fraser Anning on Facebook telling him he should make like Harold Holt and go for a quick swim. Whoever runs his page responded with a thumbs up emoji and then blocked me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fortaleza posted:

Reminds me of the world record shortest political career: Australian dude was running for office and sat for his first interview and after the very first question tried to form an answer then said “I’m buggered” and got up and left, quitting the race.

I remember this, but Jess Philips was an experienced parlamentarian which makes her not knowing what she stands for even funnier. j/k The only thing Jess Philips stands for is Jess Philips.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fortaleza posted:

was this the guy that was immediately badgered with questions about a past kidnapping charge and he kept saying that that wasn't kidnapping or was that someone else

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Keith Olbermann trying to do a Kunta Kinte reference and getting owned

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Thank you for this, now I hear it too

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
that time in 2008 hillary said she wasn't dropping out in case barack obama got bobby kennedy'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
joe scarborough resigned from congress right around the time a dead 28 year old woman was found on his office floor.

the investigation was quickly wrapped up and joe, who had close connections with the local police, was never charged with anything